Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

A true roller coaster ride

28 July 2017
I couldn't maintain an equilibrium with a manager and employees always calling out so I decided to call it quits after just two months. I worked on both ends in the shop and kitchen although the shop is much easier I wanted to challenge myself. I learned you had to kiss butt to move up and how a team Member in Penn station became a GM in just two years. I couldn't be apart of that. •Working in the kitchen gives you more hours. •Too much task for just $12 an hour. •Derogatory management in my experience. •Enjoyed taking the food home at the end of the night. •No guarantee of hours ,was told to stay home numerous times. A true temporary/summer job. The best part was working with so many different people around the world.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Job diverity, free food.
Cons
Underpaid, too much task, no job stability, dealing with rude customers.
29 April 2021
team member (Former Employee) - London, SW
Health and safety in the work place at risk because of the unrealistic demands. WE'RE always having to chase up back pay and unpaid hours. We're never praised for hard work. Always working over hours as no one to take over when time to go.
Pros
Staff discount, holiday, some nice team mates.
Cons
Constant cutting of staff and hours that in turn leads to one person doing the work of two!
24 April 2021
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
Pret a Manger leaders will it work you like a dog for a little to no money and management feels they can treat you however they want despite the fact that no one wants to be there for no money.
Pros
nothing
23 April 2021
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
The Customers are not satisfied as waiting in queue due to company cutting staff members hours. In order to make this shop profitable we need at least 1 other staff member to serve customers and not leave them walking out. Focus on your staff more, you lack any empathy for your basic staff. Remember, your basic staff know people, they talk, it does your reputation no good when you treat them like you do.
Pros
Some nice collegues
Cons
Unreliable rota
  1. A true roller coaster ride