Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Good for gaining work experience.

1 March 2018
I work part time, mostly in the closing shifts at Pret, and this shop has taught me well on how to manage many tasks at once, use teamwork to my advantage and how to try and keep cool under pressure. It has taught me how I can try turning negative events into positive ones specifically in terms of customer service and it has taught me how to better prioritise my workload. Many of the staff, including my boss, are lovely people and most of the customers that visit are happy and friendly people too which is always a bonus. However, there are times that a few of my colleges have gotten angry with me about not being attentive enough, even when I've done well to hold up my parts of workloads and they themselves have made those self-same mistakes in front of me. If I make even one mistake or stop being aware of 5 things at once whilst also doing something else, I'll be lectured on what I'm doing wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with constructive criticism and will take any advice on-board, but being constantly told by colleges that I'm "still slow" or I "don't pay enough attention", even when I've visibly made improvements that even my boss has noticed, is rather draining and does end up making me dread going into work.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
free lunches, weekly pay.
Cons
colleges breathing down your neck, very little positive feedback.
24 February 2021
Team Member (Current Employee) - Salisbury
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
23 February 2021
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
15 February 2021
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) - London SW, Greater London
Terrible wage unsociable working hours no recognition. When you do hardwork no appreciation and is you want to progress your career no one ask to do, no recognition. Upper manager trickle down affect on your store manager. Waste of time.
  1. Good for gaining work experience.