Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Terrible

13 June 2018
Worked in the kitchen for 2 weeks then walked. Reasons for this: - Start time is 4 am, which meant getting up at 2:30 am due to transportation. - Overbearing management which constantly harases you over their 6 key points of production, duties that could wait until your finished preparing food, your speed needing to be better.( Hint speed comes with practice not right away) - Kitchen is way too small for the amount of workers and everyone is always running around looking for ingredients that someone else has, if call out for it no one answers and after you open a new container you will be in for it with a team leader. - Vast majority of co-workers are not English and always talk around you in their own language ( the idiots don't realize that you can read their body language and so can tell when their talking about you) - If you leave a knife (serrated with no pointed tip so no risk of impalement) on your work bench to do anything such, pick something you dropped, move something on your bench or hand something to someone and team leader see's then your in trouble. - Being lectured on how the label is a clock and so needs to be straight every time it's even slightly crooked. No you morons the label is colour coded for the time of day it was used at, the label is in fact just a static image that never changes. - I felt like I was treated like I am an idiot by the team leaders. If I made a mistake when making a sandwich I would have to be retaught everything about it even though everything else I had done up to that point was correct. Don't work here if - more...
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pretty much everything
4 January 2021
Kitchen leader (Former Employee) - all over london
I worked for pret for 10 years, probably few to many . Upto 2015 it was a great company yet then something happens. Work becomes more stressful ,more responsibilities ,crazy morning shifts never enough ppl
Pros
Free food/drinks
Cons
early shifts/never enough people
26 October 2020
Team Member Kitchen (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
If you want to work at Pret, know that they will work you to death and pay you very little for it. I got sick but my gm didn't believe me. Avoid Pret like coronavirus!!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Too many to think of
4 October 2020
Team Member Kitchen (Former Employee) - London
Long hours No appreciation Always look for negatives in you rather than help you out Lack of rewards or recognition or rewards set too high to achieve
Cons
Depression