Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 50 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Neurotic environment - a living nightmare

13 May 2019
dodn't know what it is with Pret, I worked in many restaurants and was recruited by a friend in management but worked with managers in different shops that are neurotic and driven with fear. every one is nervous all the time. I changed my shifts to evening and weekend to have more space to breath the mystery shopper pressure is too much - every little detail is a problem - your hard work is lost by the smallest mistake. I still work but have other option now there are serios labour issues and I look for option of unions.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
the food is nice and free at shifts
Cons
neurotic managment - harsh and stress all around - terrible workhours tiring and no fun
24 February 2021
Same role
Team Member (Current Employee) - Salisbury
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
23 February 2021
Same roleSame location
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
17 February 2021
Same location
Duty Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) - London
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
  1. Neurotic environment - a living nightmare