Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Good benefits, poor management

23 April 2018
Although the job pays well for a customer service role, I found that my time here was heavily mismanaged, and that it was expected of me to frequently exceed my weekly hours. Although some staff were very friendly and a pleasure to work with, others seemed to get a thrill from unnecessarily bossing team members around, and were generally pretty lazy.
4.0Job security/advancement
24 February 2021
Same role
Team Member (Current Employee) - Salisbury
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
23 February 2021
Same role
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
6 November 2020
Same location
Team Leader (Former Employee) - Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands
Used to be very good company in this sector to work for, after cuts due to pandemic it's just like any other in this sector. A lot depends on a manager, one can like you and you have easier life, then they change and you can get someone trying to get rid of you. Leaders are badly underpaid comparing to responsibilities
Pros
Staff food
Cons
Understaffed, no paid brakes, managers caring only about sales
  1. Good benefits, poor management