Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Terrible workplace, very uncomfortable atmosphere, lazy managers

16 April 2019
I worked only a few months and hated every moment of it. At first I was excited to start my job as I heard about how pret values customers. But than I understood why, we have to display fake smiles and happyness and it made me depressed. I wanted to advance my career but the managers I worked with made difficult because they only chose those they favored. Pret is not how they sell themselves to the public and new workers. I recommend to join a union asap! I left pret and dont want to work in this type of environment again. Better off working in lower paid for less stress. Terrible company.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
free lunch breaks
Cons
lazy managers, toxic environment, too many hours having to remind managers to pay for overtime, badly paid
4 January 2021
Kitchen leader (Former Employee) - all over london
I worked for pret for 10 years, probably few to many . Upto 2015 it was a great company yet then something happens. Work becomes more stressful ,more responsibilities ,crazy morning shifts never enough ppl
Pros
Free food/drinks
Cons
early shifts/never enough people
26 October 2020
Team Member Kitchen (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
If you want to work at Pret, know that they will work you to death and pay you very little for it. I got sick but my gm didn't believe me. Avoid Pret like coronavirus!!!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Too many to think of
4 October 2020
Team Member Kitchen (Former Employee) - London
Long hours No appreciation Always look for negatives in you rather than help you out Lack of rewards or recognition or rewards set too high to achieve
Cons
Depression
  1. Terrible workplace, very uncomfortable atmosphere, lazy managers