Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Better off somewhere else

1 October 2017
I was initially hired full time (30 hours a week) and full time employees get benefits. They give me just under 30 hours so that I will not be able to receive benefits despite me asking multiple times to pick up other shifts. Managers are rude. the GM of my store forgot to change my schedule my first week of working there when I gave them a 3 days notice that I couldn't come in one day. Manager forgot to take it off my schedule so I got reprimanded for calling out months later, stating that I need to give them a weeks notice, yet at that point I hadn't even been working there a week and I did give them prior notice. GM has also laughed at me for trying to do my job and the store manager yells at me if I try to help out the hot chef by putting out croissants. The only good thing about working there is the free lunch and one time my team leader charged me for lunch after I had just worked a 6 hour shift. I've spoken to 2 other coworkers who told me they started looking for another job a week into working there. Maybe other locations are better but I do not recommend this pret.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
29 April 2021
team member (Former Employee) - London, SW
Health and safety in the work place at risk because of the unrealistic demands. WE'RE always having to chase up back pay and unpaid hours. We're never praised for hard work. Always working over hours as no one to take over when time to go.
Pros
Staff discount, holiday, some nice team mates.
Cons
Constant cutting of staff and hours that in turn leads to one person doing the work of two!
24 April 2021
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
Pret a Manger leaders will it work you like a dog for a little to no money and management feels they can treat you however they want despite the fact that no one wants to be there for no money.
Pros
nothing
23 April 2021
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
The Customers are not satisfied as waiting in queue due to company cutting staff members hours. In order to make this shop profitable we need at least 1 other staff member to serve customers and not leave them walking out. Focus on your staff more, you lack any empathy for your basic staff. Remember, your basic staff know people, they talk, it does your reputation no good when you treat them like you do.
Pros
Some nice collegues
Cons
Unreliable rota
  1. Better off somewhere else