Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Harassment,emotional abuse,exploitation of young people

21 April 2019
The place is TOXIC,I am a senior professional with a wide range of experiences in catering,just because I needed to improve my English skills I felt down in the abyss of Pret a Manger I was almost 2 yeas waking up in the middle of the night just for make the morning production in the kitchen under pressure because they pretend you work with a chronometer in order to follow the non realistic standard of productivity,impossible to achieve... Even the slaves worked in better conditions.... But not happy with that the leaders and managers were screaming,shouting, and talking to me like bullies everyday ,if one day they just decide to leave me alone I use to feel like gratefull!!!,never never work here!!! I was even physically attacked and nobody helps...even the CCTV in the kitchen,they just used them for spy the staff but if you request to check out the recorded,they just don't have any?!!! The worse of the worse I will need medical treatments for recover my mental heath Don't allow your children to stay just one minute under this toxic people!!
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
One free sandwich at work and free coffe
Cons
Bad management, non ethical HR, slavistic management of your time at work
24 February 2021
Same role
Team Member (Current Employee) - Salisbury
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
23 February 2021
Same roleSame location
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
17 February 2021
Same location
Duty Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) - London
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
  1. Harassment,emotional abuse,exploitation of young people