Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Sometimes great, sometimes awful

25 August 2018
I've worked with Pret on and off for about a year, in 4 different stores all in different environments. I enjoyed the buzz within stores, the sounds, smells and great atmosphere for customers. I liked the fact that Pret take so much pride in the quality of their products, it's how they achieve this that I disagree with. I found that the management, especially team leaders, were highly critical and didn't understand the concept of re-training if you made a mistake; instead of explaining what went wrong and how to do something a different/better way, they would stop you and completely go over everything, but would be so condescending doing it that you wouldn't take on board what they had said, and would often punish you, whether it was to take away your bonus or make you spend more time doing mediocre "training" on an iPad. The culture within the company speaks of growth and personal development, but all they seem to do is try to create robots that operate at 100mph and have no personality. I've seen a TMT (trainer) shouted at because he hadn't turned the kitchen radio on (it was broken), I've been shouted at because I wasn't fast enough on coffee, all because after 5 years of being a barista in other chains, and independents, I refuse to re heat milk as it is disgusting and burns it. Apparently a few seconds to empty a jug or periodically rinse it is illegal and I deserve to be shouted at. The team leader that time then threw a tantrum and started cleaning every jug saying that if i was that bothered I shouldn't be a barista, I should work as a potwash. The amount - more...
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free food, staff benefits, parties, potential for a bonus
Cons
Everything else as mentioned in the review.
8 March 2021
Same role
Barista (Former Employee) - Manchester
I had a chance to work different shops in the area and everyone was different with kind of customs, being busy, opening hours, days etc. Company is providing a very good training and gives you a chance to improve your skills with many different ways.
29 January 2021
Same role
Barista/Team Member (Former Employee) - Edinburgh
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
30 April 2021
Same location
FRONT OF HOUSE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) - London
Good place to work, there are a lot of opportunities to grow.Great culture of team work. Good benefits and good pay for this type of London coffee shops.
  1. Sometimes great, sometimes awful