Pret A Manger
Happiness score is 50 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Thank you, NEXT!

23 May 2019
On any given day, I was asked to work harder and faster. Management does NOT communicate with each other, let alone the team members. In my shop, the managers go outside to smoke cigarettes multiple times a day and often take their favorite team members with them. It seems as if they target certain people until that person pushed themselves to the brink of exhaustion or until someone else comes along to dislike. Gossiping and backstabbing is a major focus. Every month there seems to be a new focus. Training for me and others mostly happens at home when we are not getting paid. There is no appreciation for those who actually are acting as team members because one tiny mistake and you’re on the chopping block... or for no mistakes, but management doesn’t like you. The most common phrase I have heard from management is: “I don’t have time.” Somehow, the team members are expected to make time for everything. Also, the nationality of the manager is usually the nationality that will be hired/promoted the most. Also, if you’re management your can talk in your native tongue, but all other languages spoken by other staff members is somehow unacceptable. I started taking antidepressants and having to see a therapist because of this job. The stress and mental anguish is definitely not worth it.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunch, a free water bottle and getting paid
Cons
Unorganized management, rude behavior, being made to feel like I don’t matter, daily new rules and expectations
20 October 2020
Same role
Hot chef (Former Employee) - Manchester
Have you working like robots, awful company to work, only benefit is the pay! To many rules. The managers are awful, horrible horrible place! Avoid!!!!
Pros
Cons
Every con going
20 September 2020
Same role
Hot Chef (Current Employee) - Woking, Surrey
Good team nice to work with them. They treat you as a family member. Manager is the best ever I did work during my 6 and half year period. Good and reliable work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overtime available
23 February 2021
Same location
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.