Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

dont even bother

3 April 2019
I went for 2 days and got the job. The baristas for some reason act like management and hurl abuse at you. I was then sent to another store in bath where no one had any idea what was going on and when I asked if i could get my inhalor more abuse was shouted at me. I left then and there, when I told the original manager what had happened she more or less said I was lying. bunch of weirdos
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
a sandwich at lunch
Cons
horrible people
19 February 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Heathrow, Greater London
I had an awful time at Pret a Manger terminal 4 and 5, dealt with racism on a day to day basis and was poorly managed. I wouldn't reccomend anyone to work here and would instead recommend them to work somewhere like Starbucks where staff are more friendly and acceptable of all cultures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
repetitive and poorly managed
7 September 2019
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex
Avarage place to work in, the management need better communication. The environment was good as it was working around holiday makers that where happy and looking forward to their travels.
9 February 2020
Same location
Team Member (Former Employee) - Bath, Somerset
So I understand that in a large chain every manager is different but I will just talk about my own experience. For some background I am a hard worker and have never left a job without a fair reason and sufficient notice. When you start working at Pret you get placed in the kitchen for 2 weeks. This involves a 5.30am start. You prepare the food in a way that quickly makes you feel like a factory worker. I knew I was doing a good job at keeping to time constraints, keeping up with the team even though I was new yet I recieved NO PRAISE the entire time I was there. The only things I was told by management was negative - things I could improve on. Understandable criticisms but when this is given to you with no positive feedback it quickly felt souless. There are some good benefits - paid breaks, food on shift etc but I felt the stress of the kitchen work and a 5.30 start meant I should have been paid above a basic wage when there are many easier, less stressful retail jobs for the same wage. Another problem was that all of the staff are Spanish. I do not mean to sound racist at all, they were lovely, but they would all speak in Spanish during shift which is understandable but felt isolating to be the only non-Spanish speaker and in terms of training there were language barrier issues where the members of staff training me didn't always know the terminology or how to explain things in English I terminated my contract during the probation period because I found the manager to be a bully. I was then owed some money by cheque - when I went in to collect this she didn't - more...