Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Worst company, dishonest, discrimination, lying to young people

3 April 2019
Pret is very dishonest throughout the board from top managers to lower managers. Pret traps young people, the Friday night drinks, the loud music in the kitchens, parties are suppose to make the job attractive for young people. But Pret will exploit you. DO NOT BELIEVE the nice words, you will be pushed to the limits and when you get sick or unwell Pret will try to get rid of you. This company is the worst place i ever worked. You are forced to smile if you feel good or not. Managers are like slave masters only wanting to reach profit targets and have a go at you in the office all the time. Pret pays a little bit more but its not worth for the amount you have to do. Too many lies and traps. Pret is not what they say they are to the public.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Food is nice but gets boring after a while, hard working people who are exploited
Cons
Young people DO NOT WORK FOR PRET you will get EXPLOITED
24 February 2021
Team Member (Current Employee) - Salisbury
There's so much to learn at Pret and you get trained in all areas. My colleagues are so helpful and supportive and they make me feel comfortable. The manager and assistant manager gives me tasks to focus on each week to help me progress and get me out my comfort zone because that's when you learn the most. My colleagues are always helping me and showing me new things to learn.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee. Staff discount when you're not working
23 February 2021
Team Member (Former Employee) - London, UK
Poor treatment from the management. The staff are not looked after as should happen in a business. Promises are made but not kept. HR was not helpful. High staff turnover.
17 February 2021
Duty Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) - London
The fast-paced work environment needs a lot of energy but its fun and rewarding place to work. Free coffee and tea free meals higher payment than any competition in this industry. Multicultural environment with exciting people to work with Friday night parties in various clubs across London. People who are able to adapt rarely leave Pret.
Pros
Generous Benefits compared to competition
Cons
Max workload
  1. Worst company, dishonest, discrimination, lying to young people