Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Terrible experience

15 June 2017
I had a terrible experience on my training week there. Managment and somemembers of staff were extremely rude and patronising, was often a lot of eye rolling and sighs and that you shouldn't be wasting there time, when you actually need there help as there suppose to be training you. Would not recommend working there at all.
1.0Job security/advancement
18 October 2020
Same role
Cashier Front of House (Former Employee) - London
Everything chips in and works well together even when new people join. We have fun nights with the team and if we do well on the mystery shopper we can receive up 50.00 extra on our salary. If we do well as a team we get some money to spend and we go to out to a place of are choice. Every Friday is fun day where we can dress up in costumes, we also dress up on seasonal holiday like Christmas Halloween valentines day and easter. More time and energy you put into the job the more you get out of it.
Pros
Free lunch is amazing.
Cons
None that I can remember
9 October 2020
Same role
Front of House Leader (Former Employee) - Stansted Airport
I worked for prey over 20 years at Sransted airport One of the best place to work for They look after there staff very well It’s a family business
9 February 2020
Same location
Team Member (Former Employee) - Bath, Somerset
So I understand that in a large chain every manager is different but I will just talk about my own experience. For some background I am a hard worker and have never left a job without a fair reason and sufficient notice. When you start working at Pret you get placed in the kitchen for 2 weeks. This involves a 5.30am start. You prepare the food in a way that quickly makes you feel like a factory worker. I knew I was doing a good job at keeping to time constraints, keeping up with the team even though I was new yet I recieved NO PRAISE the entire time I was there. The only things I was told by management was negative - things I could improve on. Understandable criticisms but when this is given to you with no positive feedback it quickly felt souless. There are some good benefits - paid breaks, food on shift etc but I felt the stress of the kitchen work and a 5.30 start meant I should have been paid above a basic wage when there are many easier, less stressful retail jobs for the same wage. Another problem was that all of the staff are Spanish. I do not mean to sound racist at all, they were lovely, but they would all speak in Spanish during shift which is understandable but felt isolating to be the only non-Spanish speaker and in terms of training there were language barrier issues where the members of staff training me didn't always know the terminology or how to explain things in English I terminated my contract during the probation period because I found the manager to be a bully. I was then owed some money by cheque - when I went in to collect this she didn't - more...