Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Stressing but very rewording

19 March 2017
I really enjoyed working there, I had to leave for family reasons. There is always a Nice environment and a real team work all the time. you can easily ask for more or less hours per week. The only problem is that you need to follow a ridiculous number of standards all the time, even to mop the floor for example.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free meals, bonuses, possibility to grow
Cons
Stressful
29 January 2021
Barista/Team Member (Former Employee) - Edinburgh
They don’t care. You’ll be never enough and they will always make you feel like nothing.In this place you won’t be an human but just a machine replaceable at any moment.Also, during pandemic they fired for not pay the 10% to their people. Don’t work for Pret A Manger!Value yourself!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Infinity hours
22 January 2021
Barista (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Worked in Pret for 2 years (2018-2020) and I can say that the salary is really good. The workplace is fun to be in if the team is okay in my experience. Sometimes, the workplace can be toxic especially during coffee rush and when the manager doesn't help and put pressure on you. Luckily, the ones I've been with helped a lot during busy times.In terms of progression, It really depends on the manager. I've been working there for 2 years and I've been with colleagues who progressed quickly. I think it really depends on the manager's perspective and opinion of you.For salary, you get paid weekly and the pay rise has been good and competitive but Im not sure if it will rise again this April due to the pandemic.Overall, working at Pret is okay especially if you're flexible and a student. But, If you're planning on doing a course in uni that is not retail and management related, then you're better off gaining experience in a place that your CV/resume will benefit in.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good salary.
Cons
Pressure is heavy sometimes and your colleagues can be unhelpful (depends on the team you're with)
16 December 2020
Team Member/Barista (Former Employee) - London South East, Greater London
Seen team members come and go, some left in tears. leader shortage so they push you to run evening shifts without training and on low pay. it's a full time cleaning job with pressure from hq to manager who takes it out on staff. they try to screw you out of money by working extra time and 'forgetting' to add it to your hours. dont work there.
  1. Stressing but very rewording