Prezzo
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Prezzo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom393 reviews

Nice

It’s a nice place to work, it can be stressful sometimes but having the right people it would be better. Good luck to anyone who joins the workplace x

Poor Management

If you respect your self then don't go to Prezzo to work. You will be asked to do everything from first day you start. they won't train you. silly things is you will get 1 hours unpaid break and if it’s not busy they will send you home

No work/home life balance.

Having worked for Prezzo for 3 years of false promises, it is not a company I would recommend you work for. They take take take, and promise you the world. If you show you are good at something, they will exploit you and expect more of you than you are paid for. As for the bonus scheme, don't fall for it. Its basically non existent. Long hours and no additional pay for salaried staff! Stay away from this place!

Good team, questionable company

The one I worked at had wonderful management, it really felt like a team and everyone got along and helped eachother.Management worked just as hard as us, something I haven't always witnessed at previous jobs.Ownership of the company as a whole changed, however, and the changes were felt. They wanted to cut staff but demand the same work, shorten the time for opening and closing tasks but still expect it to be done to the same standards, basically trying to save money from wages while still expecting the same work from us and it got rather stressful as we were strainee. Our manager tried to do the best he could and help us out, it was a great team.

Don’t work here!

Management are horrible, company don’t care about you at all! Put a grievance in as I experienced homophobia in my work pkace and the company did nothing about it!

Poor

The work load at prezzo lincoln is very overwhelming, there is not much time for yourself. The food quality is not the best aswell as new management not being very helpful

Pros

Free food on shift

Cons

Long hours with small break

Not good

Some managers were lovely, others didn’t care about you in the slightest. I felt neglected and like an outcast. It is a place that hires bullys it is awful. Do not recommend to anyone. It is awful.

Hard work but fun sometimes

Its a teamwork so with the right people its ok, people change a lot so it can be very different.

Pros

Free cofee and food

Cons

No tips share from foh, lack od support from menagment, toxic people

Fast paced but rewarding

A great work place with benefits like food every shift. Pay could be better. Wagestream is also a great part of the job as you can withdraw wages early if you need to pay for something quick.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Pay

Valuable experience

I really enjoyed the experience of working in customer service and with the team. Everyone was very welcoming and it made a good community feel to the branch. Sometimes it was stressful and was hard to get used to as I felt like I was expected to know to do certain things. But overall I am glad of the experience.

Pros

Lovely team, free staff meals

Cons

Can be stressful

Simply Toxic

-The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers-The hardest part is dealing with the management-Not appreciated, guided and makes you feel uncomfortable -Includes passive aggressive behaviour(s)

Avoid!

Lovely job if you like customer service and you like being busy! Horrible place to work with the current management! Avoid it at the moment!! Only appreciation you will get it is from customers…if that.

Pros

Busy, fun

Cons

Not being appreciated at all

Awful workplace

Worse place I have ever had to work at such poor management and disrespect from them I would never recommend to work here I only left due to how stressed and uncomfortable I was made to feel

Standard chain, overworked, underpaid and expected to do the work of 3 people.

Constant cutting of shift meaning everyone suffers. Always having to work extra and longer to make up for less staff. People who run the company didn't care about us, all extremely rude and would rather sit on 4 hour chats than solve any issues. They wonder why the turn over is so high and people leave for minimum wage and less than contracted hours for staff, managment are expected to work 60+ and get paid for 48. Avoid.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Main thing is you are treated like a slave and not a person.

Nice people

Easy to learn the menu but too much stressful with no life. Some of the people you work with they are nice and they help you. Others they don't care and they put it there working alone when the others do nothing.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours, opening/close alone, expect to work when then want even if you are off they'll call you to come to work.

Good entry level for anyone looking for career in hospitality

Company went through a lot of changes in the past 7 years. Constant restructuring makes it all extremely messy. People are coming and going, because job is becoming too stressful and support from company is very little. Managers got no say in running their places, general attitude is "do what You're told". Company is always 2 steps behind the competition with pay rates, what puts restaurants in big struggle due to high turnover, but in recent days there are more people going than coming, because they are expected to work 70+ hours weekly to keep businesses operational. On positive note new starters usually are getting better rates than old crew so it's good if You're considering joining. Also company got crazy hygiene and cleanliness standards, general procedures will give You good idea of running the business properly.

Pros

Good staff food menu, which is free Flexibility for Front of House team

Cons

Non existing work-life balance for BOH and Management, Long hours, expected to work every single weekend, Expected to run shifts with fracture of teams actually needed, Unrealistic budgets

Decent place to work.

Title says it all. Not a bad place to work at all. Enjoyed my time with the company. The manager I worked with was very understandable and willing to be flexible in case of emergency. Rest of the team were lovely too. Perfect job to have while at uni.

Pros

Free food on shift

Cons

Can be very manic sometimes

Horrible place to work for

Prezzo is not worth working for, the money may be okay but the area manager is very horrible. The only reason I stayed for 3 years was because of the team I had they were the only reason I kept going. They have a very high staff turnover and now I’m gone only 3 original team members remain and even they want out. You get no life when you work here the work life balance is terrible and you don’t get straight answers as everyone does as they please. The app we all had to keep track of pay and what was going on everyone seemed to hate the company also so just shows how terrible they are. You only get 1 day of training then you get thrown into the deep end which is really bad but hey that’s how the company operate Perks are free food on shift and proving you have a good team then the good laugh you get.

Pros

Free lunch, get to check your wage and stream if need be

Cons

Long hours, horrible work and life balance

hate it

Toxic. questionable things happen at this restaurant and the constant bitchiness coming from the adults was filthy felt like i was in secondary school all over again

Pros

food

Cons

everything else

Overall okay but bad work hour management

I was a part-time chef over the summer for Prezzo and while I can honestly say the pay was great and the kitchen staff were very friendly, I was not listened to about the amount of hours I could work. They originally had me down for full-time despite the job being part-time and it took a lot of effort to reduce the hours. They then constantly change your shifts so you’re never sure when to be in and when you finish. Management got very annoyed when I couldn’t work a day I had booked off a month prior, and there’s also a very strange atmosphere when you leave… If you decide to find a new job and leave the team you are pretty much completely ignored for your remaining time, and they all suddenly become very rude. Not sure what that was about.

Pros

Lots of free food

Cons

Bad work hour management

Don't work here if you have some self respect

The job itself is okay, very fast paced but not the worst.The people there however are bullies. No training, you are on your own from day 1 and they don't go through the handheld tablets with you, so you struggle to find all the right buttons for ages.Loads of different vouchers, that they also don't tell you about, so whenever a customer comes in with a new type of voucher you stand there like an idiot having to go ask someone to show you how to do it.As for the bullies, some are constantly patronising and passive aggressive, a few are even right out aggressive. One incident a colleague came up within 10cm close to my face speaking angrily to me and staring me down. I do not accept such behaviour.

Pros

Free Staff Food

Cons

non-existent training, team full of bullies, an obscene amount of vouchers, very few friendly people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prezzo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Prezzo with

• Prezzo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?