Primark
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Primark Employee Reviews

Found 4,239 reviews matching the search
It's good for a student who is just looking for extra money, but they give out short hours and you constantly have to schedule overtime for more money.
Pros
Good staff, good training, simple jobs
Cons
You tend to stay in one place, little to no benefits/discounts
Management are terrible. I worked in Oxford street branch and East Ham branch & management are not understanding at all and demand so much more to be done that even possible. They are so unfair to staff and have no consideration towards anyone, after your shift is over if work is not complete they will make you stay behind to ensure work is done. You get minimum wage whilst working there and there are no benefits, if you are required to stay back you do not get paid for this unless it’s scheduled over time. They will flood you with overtime and don’t care about your personal life. It is very hard to have that right balance while working for primark.
Pros
You get paid every month
Cons
Long hours, managers are not understanding, slavery, no support, no work/personal life balance
Very fun and exciting place to work. Only thing that I wasnt to keen on was how they literally drop you in at the deep end I mean I had experience in retail and customer service but certain things I didnt know what to do had to ask alot which I didn't like having to do. Overall experience loved it there would of preferred Carryin on working there but my contract was only temporary.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
No matter how hard you work. It’s never enough. Yet the idle workers get left to their own devices. Work hard get grief work less just glad you showed up
Pros
No pros
Cons
Never good enough
Definitely the best first job anybody could wish for, only reason I left was to fo to University. All the management and staff are lovely to be around. Overall an absolute pleasure and would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Friendly management
I love working at Primark. Yes it is hard work, but the company treats its employees with respect and empathy and listens to their problems. Ive never felt so secure in a job.
I worked at primark in Christmas which is probably the busiest time, it was kind of stressful but if you know what you’re doing you’re fine, but I was put on folding clothes a lot and it got quite boring but the management team are really nice and always there if you need anything
Pros
Good management
Cons
Boring sometimes
They have a system called people and culture to saw fairness into the business, but there's a lot of unseen discrimination going on. i will say 70% of supervisors and staffs are same background, which leave others staffs always targeted. There's lot of staffs dying for promotion so they are ready to do everything to make others weak, not good on what they do or simply try to make them look bad character so they are the good ones. Managers are very understand when you request day off, a leave, or holidays you don't have to justify yourself to get what you ask for, they are especially understanding for people with kids, single mums so shifts are very helpful to come out of the house when kids are in school. The H.R ( HUMAN RESOURCES) and management system is very good, they know how to deal with stress, conflits and customers complaints.
Pros
we are the first to see sales so we grab them quick
Cons
most of us are work part time/so shift go fast.
The work is very demanding. A lot is expected of you but you're always made to feel like part of a team. The prospects for promotion are the best I've ever encountered. You're encouraged to go for it and age isn't a factor. Definitely good for the ambitious young person.I was surprised and pleased about the company's ethics and the fact that they don't feel the need to scream them from the rooftops. (For example no gender pay gap.) They're very good in lots of areas.
Pros
Fast promotion
Cons
A lot of part time work
Although I enjoyed working in the shop setting I found it wasn’t for me, I have a caring nature and would rather work within that setting. The shop was always very busy so the job itself was very challenging trying to maintain a tidy environment
This is an amazing job for students or anyone looking for part time work!! Management were some of the best I have ever experienced and all staff no matter what age were treated fairly and equally(which is a rare occurrence these days!) Overall I had a great experience as a Christmas temp in primark and would recommend working within the company to anyone! Great hours, great pay and overall a great working environment.
Pros
Great pay, amazing breaks and excellent training provided
Cons
most of the staff are between 16-26 which was good as I started at 16. Did 8h a week which always dragged. Got made to do lots of other peoples tasks instead of what my main job was and then told its not good enough when the original task wasnt completed. i.e being on return stock and then having to work on tills for 2h of a 4h shift. The managers arent helpful. Uniform checked and disrupted by supervisors who didnt like us. Gave peoplw they didnt like the bad tasks. Most staff stand and talk together and managers didnt care - i was disliked for being alternative. get 10% off for 2 months of the year. 3 days off in 6months and theyre on your case for being lazy. Most of my colleuges were nice but very mistreated by higher staff. I'd never want to go back
Pros
mostly uni student staff
Cons
unhelpful managers, supervisors have favourites, disrespectful
Mostly part time roles so easy to juggle work/family balance. Good to top up benefits. Interesting- no 2 days the same. Cohesive team work promoted and practiced. Very handy for Christmas work. I was disappointed not to be kept on permanently.
Pros
No benefits, not even staff discount
Cons
Affordable products
Pretty good place to work for a basic wage for a basic job. Staff were very nice and supportive, uniform was pretty laid back meaning I could wear makeup and nail varnish etc if I wanted. A good job for a teenager or young adult just getting into work life.
I love working at Primark , the staff and management are the best , can talk to management about anything, love the people I work with. Get taught lots of different things and get to do different roles around the store , always something to do and the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Canteen upstairs, lovely management, no weekends
Cons
Wish there was more opportunities to become full time.
I worked on nights and it was a fun environment. You worked within a team and on your own. You was on your feet all night and the night manager Alun was the best! If you was struggling in your department then he would jump in and help out, you could always have a laugh with him and have constructive feedback from him. The pay isn't very good for nights and the amount of work you have to do. The day management and staff are quite rude and look down on you for working nights. You are never pressured to work over time (well my manager never did) would work there again if the pay was better
Pros
Fast paced, team work, night manager friendly, appraisal
Cons
Low pay, day staff and management rude
It’s a great place especially when you’re young. Some management can be rude though especially if they don’t like you. That usually happens with weekend managers as they’re young too.
Pros
Make great friends
Cons
Some management are rude
i was a christmas temp for primark when i worked there and in that time i developed so many new skills, out of all the jobs i have had this was the best job i’ve had, it was the best paid job for my age and the people i worked with were very friendly and kind which helped me to feel comfortable and also helped me to enjoy the experience, i would definitely love to work there again!
Pros
the pay, the friends you make, loads of overtime available.
Cons
rude customers, but you get that in retail
I enjoyed working here for a year, I worked weekends due to being a student so they work life valve and flexibility of shifts were good! Most of management were lovely and helpful, however supervisors were open the opposite. Towards the end of my time at Primark I was able to advance onto the customer service help desk which was a benefit! The pay was decent for my age at the time
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Working majority of bank holidays
Can hands down say it was the most fun i’ve ever had at work. I always used to dread going to work but I never felt that way with primark. Very kind and understand managers & colleagues.
Pros
Good staff, good break times, flexible.
As with all retail shops the environment is fast passed and constantly on the go and so things will really be as expected except you will only be on tills for the first few weeks/months and then even if your contract says till only they will put you into the shop floor which is even more stressful and constantly tidying, on your feet and being told to go here and there etc. Management however are awful - disorganised, unprofessional and really talk down to ‘lesser’ members of staff.
Pros
Good training, good pay
Cons
Pressure to do overtime/long shifts, entitled management
  1. Employee reviews