Primary Care Physio

Primary Care Physio Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews

fcpnhprimaryroledevelopmentsupportedsupervisionsupport

very encouraging to develop

I have worked for primary care for almost 6 months now and have felt very well supported in my role and progression. The wealth of knowledge is outstanding and can get support very quickly. I feel they motivate me to improve myself through the role and feel like I have settled in really well. Every step of the way is edging closer to being successful in the roadmap. The weekly supervisions, the question time sessions, case based discussions, regular reviews of personal development plans supports my journey.

Pros

supportive

lack of supervision and appreciation but there is a hard working FCP team

I feel that the team of first contact physios are working very hard and trying their best. But senior support is very limited and stretched too thinly. My supervisor is trying to look after over 20 other FCPs and I can't get the support I feel I need. I do think my supervisor is working incredibly hard and it's not their fault they have so many staff to look after. They appear very stressed.Upper management have been promising change since I started and nothing has materialised. I hope they can deliver on the need for more support to the FCPs working in practice. I worry the company priorities are not focused on their team. fingers crossed things change and improve.

Pros

working in primary care is exciting and the GP clinic staff are supportive

Cons

high pressure, only limited support available, burn out

Insights into Primary Care Physio

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Evolving company full of great plans

Variable pay based on level of experience. However, some experienced FCPs are somehow underpaid.Salary structure need to be reviewed to meet the cost of living demands.Company benefits could be better.

Supportive and flexible work place

Currently I am working at Leicester PCN, all senior staff and admin staff are really supportive and helpful. I would strongly recommend to work for primary care physio.

Pros

Flexibility to work 4 long days, one to one supervision, CPD time and funding for CPD

Cons

Nil at present

The best move I made

Having worked for this company now for over a year, I can honestly say it is the best move I have made. There have been various aspects of the role which are still in development, however there is much scope.

Excellent place to start your career

Interview and the mobilisation process was very smooth and easy. Great support group and very well trained clinicians supported me to get through step by step. As this role is new for me, it was very challenging initially to understand and I feared a lot how am I gonna transform myself from a physiotherapist to first contact practitioner. However, Primary care physio team supported me and helped me to understand the HEE roadmap and prepared myself. I recommend whoever wants to start their career as FCP, to join the excellent work force.Thanks

Great company

It's a great company.the turn over of the employees is low. They give you a room for improvement. Definitely I could recommend the company to other physiotherapists.

Well managed and well run organisation

I have recently started working for Primary Care Physio as a First Contact Physiotherapist in a remote role and so far, my experience has been excellent. The induction process was very thorough and has allowed me to settle into the role quickly. This also included having time to get to know the local primary care network providers and referral pathways. The allotted weekly supervision time and protected CPD time is great and will help with my own personal development.Working as an FCP is tough and requires good time management skills. This can be challenging at times, particularly with complex patients. However, the rewards of being able to help patients overcome their problems and achieve their goals helps you through this and there is always support available from the management if you have any questions or concerns.

A great company to work for.

I have really enjoyed my new role of FCP. It is quite different from what I did before working overseas. There is loads of support and supervision and the staff in my PCN are all lovely. Lots of new things to learn coming from outside the NHS, lots of opportunities to develop and improve my knowledge and skills. Primary Care Physio has been an amazing company to work for so far.

Pros

Protected CPD time Opportunity for further study Supervision and support

Cons

none so far

Very Supportive and career driven

Having worked for the company for nearly a year now, I couldn’t have asked for more support when times have been tough. Having gone through a difficult spell mentally, I was given a huge amount of compassion and support to get me through a difficult period. The company is very organised and has some fantastic clinicians but also more importantly human beings. The job has given my career a new lease of live and given me the motivation to continue excelling and improving as a practitioner.

Pros

Excellent support and guidance. Organised. Great pay.

Cons

High volume of patients to assess. Mainly computer based work.

Excellent company to work

Great organization for a so new company but super fast developed!The CEO, supervisors and the philosophy behind is fabulous. It is an excellent place to work and enhance a carrier as FCP as you also have protected weekly CPD hours and supervision to complete FCP roadmap. Also there are some great support to develop new skill with funded courses. The role itself can be demanding and quite fast paced at times

Pros

Outstanding training, support, guidance and work culture, complete autonomy, competitive salary, good perks, no pressure from organization, opportunities for personal and professional development, road to progress inside as FCP lead and supervisor.

Cons

Not a pension scheme and sick pay like NHS, no private health insurance, perks could be better.

Supportive and engaging environment

Before joining PCP i felt my career was stagnant and lacking. I have now got a great group of peers and supervisors who are very supportive and have also been completing courses i have always wanted to do. I am thoroughly enjoying my new role with PCP, all the benefits they offer and feel i have the chance of moving forward in my career.

Pros

Great support from peers and supervisors, great opportunities for courses and career progression.

Cons

No NHS pension but have a private scheme.

Great place to develop as a clinician and progress!

Great place to work and can’t speak highly enough of support provided so far and learning opportunities. Convenient work arrangements in place between clinic and working from home.

Pros

Focussed on career progression and organise external courses to develop clinicians, Competitive salary, Apparent development pathway.

Cons

No immediate day to day physio team such as that in an NHS setting to socialise with, FCP roadmap in place can be time consuming

Of high quality outstanding FCP organization.

Its wonderful to credit someone who deserves it. Overall organization, CEO and supervisors and culture inside is fabulous. It is for sure best and excellent place to work to enhance a carrier as FCP. Complete FCP roadmap, supervision, training, CPD time everything is placed in correct order and well planned comparing to others. There is 0% stress really from supervisor and company. The role itself can be demanding, challenging and stressful at PCN level but that is expected while developing the new model of care.

Pros

Cons

Not a pension scheme and sick pay like NHS, no private health insurance, perks are not that good compare to other private healthcare.

Excellent place of work

Great company that values your contributions and provides high quality supervision. I have been fully funded for further CPD opportunities such as injection therapy as well. Although most FCPs work in different locations, you feel well supported with the group whatsapp chat to always ask questions as needed, which really helped when settling in to the role! I cannot comment on salary and whether this is something that can be reviewed on a yearly basis, as not been in the role that long yet. Overall would highly recommend Primary Care Physio as a place to work!

Pros

Great supportive environment, Funding for courses / master's modules, Clinical leads / managers are easy to contact if needed

Cons

NHS pension, Lack of sick leave if required, Work in own time needs to be done in order to sign off HEE roadmap to practice, Lengthy induction process and again felt a lot needed to be completed in my own time

Supportive and rewarding

I felt welcomed and supported from the very start of my career with PCP. The training and development is comprehensive and I am confident that PCP will have a group of fantastic FCPs once we’re all registered! It’s a fairly new role and I am impressed how the management team rolled out a brilliant system in primary care to support GPs and nurses. I am proud to be part of a friendly yet encouraging team.

Pros

Great training and development program

Cons

Not fully integrated into the primary care system yet

Supportive and Organised

My experience of working has been absolutely brilliant. The team is well organised, professional , and always there for support. The supervisors are exceptionally good and I get all the clinical and administrative support I need from the team. The service mobilisation team and PCN coordination was on point. Lastly, The recruitment process was clear and well defined. Highly recommended!

Pros

4 hours of Protected self development time, professional support

Cons

No NHS pension

Challenging but extremely supportive

I started this role coming from an MSK hospital environment and never having worked in primary care. Although I am confident in my abilities as a physio, I had to re study for my FCP role and learn new aspects of the job role. At times I put myself under pressure and was worried about my research, but my supervisor is amazing. If you are coming from a place where you have no support I wouldn’t even second guess applying for a role with this company! I have never had so much support in my entire 15 years of my career. I’m ready to progress and spend the rest of my career with an excellent company who value their employees.

Pros

Protected CPD time Supported management and colleagues

Great FCP role

A fantastic jump into FCP roles with a very supportive company. Regular contact with colleagues and very good induction and working processes. Competitive salary however excluding lack of NHS pension scheme. Not been long enough to see how pay reviews go. Overall though a really great move! Would recommend working for them!

Pros

Support, learning, development

Cons

No nhs pension, less holiday than NHS.

Great support and development

Really pleased I took the chance to join Primary Care Physio. The company is very supportive with a welcoming environment. Ryan and the clinical leads are very approachable and there are lots of Cpd opportunities. There is also a very good supervision/mentoring programme to help you work through the HEE FCP road map to practice. Only slight negative was that information about the clinics was slow in coming through prior to my start date, but this was more to do with the fact that the GP practices were working hard on Covid vaccinations so had not provided all the information until late notice. Ryan and the Primary Care Physio team were supportive throughout though and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Pros

Great CPD and supported well

Cons

The job can be tough but it is rewarding

Supportive working environment

I have recently started working for Primary Care Physio, having transfered from a community based position. The onboarding information and training was thorough and comprehensive, in addition to HEE's required documentation provision to allow me to start my patient facing roll. Once I had started, the induction materials provided through shared works folder were extensive and these have provided me with multiple go-to links, training, reading and other support sources in which to allow me to complete my role. The weekly 1-2-1 supervision session is great at ensuring the correct direction is maintained and for discussing through patients and topics. There a social and clinical groups where all colleagues are able to interact and to get immediate peer support through differential diagnoses or through information sharing, which is another benefit.To date, I am enjoying my time with PCP while increasing my knowledge if the pressures on primary care.

Pros

Brilliant peer support. Training and development opportunities and provision.

Cons

Missing the NHS perks (but to be expected as a sub-contract)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primary Care Physio. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Primary Care Physio with

Learn about Primary Care Physio in popular locations

• Primary Care Physio
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?