Principal Hotel Company

Principal Hotel Company Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews

Not the best experience

The security manager /old night manager is trying so many things on you! Be careful!!! Management is behind your back, if you are not needed... Going into the soup...means they will let you go. People can be nice but depends.

Bullies

If you’re at the bottom of the pecking order and not a managers favourite your life will be difficult Very little concern for well-being of staff & doctors notes go ignored Stressful environment

Insights into Principal Hotel Company

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Work place

The staff helps others, they pay the right thing for the work done. It is stressful to work there, the management is not the best to work under pressure

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Stressful job

I can work or I can take holiday

I’m interested about the night cleaning and I have a lot of experience for cleaning and I’m very hardworking and doing good and I want back to enjoy that

Terrible place to work

They don’t treat their staff well, after working there a year it changed me as a person the amount of stress the company put me under. Was not an enjoyable place to work.

Fast paced job with good salary

Good salary and hours, but really hard work. Alot of the time understaffed meaning extra rooms for you to clean (with no real recognition of your extra work). Staff were a mix, either really nice or really rude. Free lunch, hot and cold provided, but unless you are really quick, often not enough time to actually take the hour break.

Productive and fun workplace

Yang and smart girl , easy learning, open for new work place and new people . Helpful for colleagues and others , good communication. Good English level

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and fun workplace

An enriching experience in every way. My responsibilities include: - Cleaning guest rooms to the hotel standard - Replenishing linen and guest supplies - Providing a great guest experience - Reporting any maintenance faults and deal with lost property - Ensuring that all appliances, fixtures, and fittings are safe and work in accordance with regulations and report any faults to the Head Housekeeper. I have previous experience of working in a housekeeping environment and I looking for a new challenge and want to join a business that offers me exceptional development, and potential to progress, to improve my current environment.

Buen ambiente laboral

Excelentes compañeros de trabajo. Tiempo de descanso a media mañana y estaban incluidas las comidas.

Pros

Formación.

Cons

Horario complicado de compatibilizar con la familia.

Please do your self a favour and don't ever work for them.

Horrible company to work for. Have no work culture, people are treated like slaves in that place, pay is peanuts and on top its always incorrect no benefits and no carrier prospect. staff turnover the place is crazy .that place is running on agency staff all the time because no one even applying for the job. Management Its a big red flag. I am so glad I don't work there any more. please don't even dare to ask me that. HORRIBLE COMPANY AND TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT.

Pros

please don't even dare to ask me that.

Cons

Horrible company and terrible management.

Absolutely garbage

Leave well alone from this workplace!! Just look into all the reviews.. high staff turnover, says it all! They to recruit new board of directors and new H.r Team !!

Shocking place to work

Managers speak to staff like they are poor way, can’t even breath most days with out something going wrong , always short on staff , other staff always picking up extra work . Never a thank you , if you have a problem don’t bother with HR as can’t tell them nothing they tell the manager that’s it against , then just don’t adress the problem , simple chat think it will solve the problem. Rooms are terriable never get rid the staff that are shocking just leave them here to keep making more shocking rooms and making people’s life harder ! Bottom line poor place to work with bad wages etc

Pros

Poor lunch wouldn’t feed it a dog

Cons

Make some good work mates

the worst job !!!

I worked there in the room attendant self checker position. I also treat the day when I went there. Management is not worth anything, it is just a warrant, arrogant. Working conditions are very bad. There are no secured tools. Nobody go to work here !!! Avoid this place !!!!!

Pros

Cons

Management team

Banqueting and conference Assistant

They are looking for staff when it's busy with events Christmas ,New Year and after that you have to wait for maybe some parties or marriages to get a few hours but normally there is nothing and you might end up with 0 hours per week!I stayed for 3 months at this job when It was a period with events so I had hours, some times I was working for 12 hours with only one quick 20 minute break to eat if it was anything left as they were not serving enough food for the whole staff.The head chef was rude and was yelling when we were taking the food out, we were in order like soldiers and with a simple mistake or confusion between us the Banqueting manager was rude and was yelling.The rest of the hotel had a snobbish attitude towards us because we were not part of the hotel or the bar but were only for the events.When I decided to leave and gave my notice the Manager asked me to stay and he said it will be plenty of events to work and get hours however I left but some friends that stayed there said there was nothing and they quit after me..I cannot suggest this place for work as my experience there was mostly negative!

Pros

Very good colleagues at banqueting made friends

Cons

Bad attitude from managers, chefs, not enough break time

Feel like a war camp

Do not bother to apply for this job as the role includes you working like a laundry attendant with minimum staff, Human resources department only looking for less experience so that they can pay less in wages

If you are looking for a full time position, Go away

They sell you a vacancy with "plenty of hours" and a great career, however they do not have enough events for giving enough hours to their staff members, and by enough I mean many members had 0 hours being there for a "full time position". It has been my far the worst experience I ever had in a hotel... In any other touristic country they would not even have 2 stars. The head Chef was shouting at the waiting staff quite often, till the point that many quite the job just for him. Managers speak to you as if you were their housekeeper, they just talk but do nothing. The company would definitely work out better with many of them. Staff is not well trained since many new members just join at the same time, and are givena very poor training. I had many issues to book my holidays due to the lack of "old" staff members.

Pros

great team members

Cons

ridiculous amount of hours, managers see

Terrible workplace

Horrible management who don’t care enough to learn the names of their staff members. No work/life balance. Expected to work rediculous hours. Staff members screamed at by management for no apparent reason. Extremely high turnover due to disgusting working conditions. Treated like dirt by every other department within the hotel. All this for a terrible pay of £7.05 p/h. The only positive thing is the team members you work with. Look elsewhere!!!

Pros

Great team members (not including management)

Cons

Treated like dirt

Awful company

I have worked in this business at all levels and this was by far the worst experience I have had the privilege of undertaking. Staff are treated like meat and are clearly expendable. Minimum wage without progression opportunities and terrible management. Look elsewhere unless you enjoy degradation. Also they advertise as giving meals on shift but more often than not this is not the case.

Pros

I am still thinking, the clients

Terrible work culture

Avoid Avoid Avoid. Terrible, appalling work culture. This is the worst company you could ever work for. Definitely not recommended if you want to work in a happy environment.

Pros

Perks

Cons

Vile management and high staff turnover

We only maintained the high star rating because they knew in advance who the AA inspectors were. Check in and ask for a wake up call, newspaper, book restaurant and have room service. All the staff are prepped to know the signs, then allocate them the best room which has been set aside just in case. Staff are lucky to get minimum wage as they monitor toilet breaks and smoking breaks within your 30 mins you’re allowed all day. Free staff meals are lukewarm leftovers from guests breakfast. So many staff felt ill as it’s left out for upto 3 hours! They are constantly looking to achieve profits rather than looking after staff and customer service. If there’s a genuine complaint they use a copy and paste template for every guest to fob them off and argue with them. Most of the staff were on medication from working here!

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Too many to share

hi

i worked their for 3 months the head chef is an arrogant git he also hss control over pay etc the sweet kitchen was always a bombsite after friday saturday nights .youd have couple hours by yourself to get it all sorted impossible with the stuff left out .

Pros

other kitchen poters where good guys

Cons

arrogant chefs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Principal Hotel Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement