Principal Resourcing

Principal Resourcing Employee Reviews

Firstly you Work a week in hand, but if you dont work consecutive days/weeks you go back to a week in hand , as well as you have to phone and sort your wages through another company and you have to pay them to sort things out , you don't get sick pay , and I was sent to places and ask to work that was irrelevant to my career path.
I’ve worked tor Principal Resourcing since November 2019, I have not had a day without work since. I love the jobs I’ve done and feel very lucky! I’ve worked as a TA, Learning Support with SEN, and Cover Supervisor. I now start a perm position tomorrow in a school as I got a long term placement in a school which has lead to being made perm. Thank you Principal you’ve been amazing! The staff have been fantastic, I’ve done several courses and the pay is good considering the hours I work.
Pros
Cons
No cons
I have found this to be a disappointing experience. More often than not, assignments are cancelled and it is not uncommon for a consultant to call you while you are on the way to work to say you are not longer needed at school X and to go to school Y. That is frustrating when you have to pull over to answer the call when you're already in the rush hour. This did not happen with any other agencies I worked for, why this one? Consultants do not check your availability and call you on your days off. Once I had four missed calls and voicemails when I was driving to an appointment, didn't bother to call them back because they should have known when I am unable to work. Usually, with supply agencies you get to choose which schools you don't want to work in. Again, the consultants will not listen to you, and still ask you to go to schools that you do not like.
The company assigns you to a school in the morning. The management is supportive and flexible. Great work-life balance. I can book shifts when it suits me.
I enjoyed working their everyone was nice and relatable it all work the manager always helped and gave me work and I found it easy to work and To meet his needs
Principle do supply enough work if your prepared to travel , pay rate isn’t great especially as they charge you £3 a day to process your meagre day rate ! Prompt payments every week and good communication from recruitment team Overall agencies are a their to make money and you have to understand that
Pros
Flexibility, good communication, prompt payments
Cons
Deductibles are a excessive
My experience of Principal Resourcing has been a positive one. The staff are friendly, supportive and enthusiastic and have found me a great range of supply work in some great schools.
Pros
Reliable, helpful reps
Cons
Not much work on Mondays!
i Initially joined principal resourcing after graduation. Always get work and they have managed to find me a long term contract at just one school which is really good. Pay is OK but considering I don’t have experience it’s great. More than you would be earning at a normal job and the maximum hours you have to work in a week is 30!. Police checks took a few weeks and I was ready to work, so if you register with them make sure you have updated service to make the process easier.
Pros
Short hours, flexibility, good daily rate, stability
Cons
Pay margin to an umbrella company, no work during school holidays
I have now worked with Principal Resourcing for 5 months and they are fantastic as an agency. Its really easy to get signed up and they have a dedicated team which allows you to be cleared for work within 48 hours! They also offer work throughout the half terms. I would definitely recommend them as I have always had work offered including a permanent postion and daily cover. They also offer online courses and other free courses such as Cover Supervisor training and team teach which is vital for working within SEN settings.
Pros
Fantastic Agency, permanent roles, always work offered to suit you.
Cons
Very bad agency to work for, rude staff, promised to give me work but most of the weeks you don’t get even half day work. If You want to waste your time than register with them.
Pros
Cons
Not enough work
I have been with Principal Resourcing as a Teaching Assistant for around 7 months and I haven't had one day of work. When registering I made my availability crystal clear yet I would still receive phone calls asking if I would like a 'long-term, 5 day a week role' when I have told them on multiple occasions that I can only work day-to-day. Their staff are rude and pushy both in person and on the phone and will try and convince you to accept job offers that you are not suited for by telling you that you will receive more than the standard rate. Complete waste of time giving Principal Resourcing my details and attending the initial interview.
Pros
Cons
Little work available, rude staff
Good employer to gain experience after leaving university. Drawback was being paid through an umbrella company which left me liable for employer and employee NI contributions. Salary wasn't great and could involve lots of travelling at short notice.
Pros
Gain work experience in schools
Cons
Salary
Really friendly staff, very supportive and happy to answer any queries. A typical day would consist of waking early, organising a bag for the day (lunch, tea bags, writing equipment) and waiting for the call to come between 7.30am and 8.30am. Once they've called you, they'll give you as much information as they can about the school they're sending you to and any directions/parking etc. - this was probably the hardest part of the job, how do you motivate yourself in a morning if you don't even know you'll be working that day, starting at your phone for an hour is also a little stressful. Going to a different school everyday of the can be stressful at first, but once you get a day in a school that really suits you, that school is more likely to ask for you in future and for longer placements. My shortest placement was an afternoon in a nursery, medium length was 3 months in a primary school covering the remainder of a maternity leave and the longest placement I had was 6 months in a secondary school who ended up employing me permanently. I highly recommend this supply role for people looking to go into teaching in the future, or looking for supporting jobs within education. The money is good, expenses for petrol and lunch are very welcome and you'll get to meet so many people and some amazing children!
Pros
Build confidence fast, social, expenses
Cons
sometimes not regular employment.
I find my days as a cover supervisor exciting and challenging as I care for and look after children of all years and assist children to work in so many subjects.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
none contracted
Principal Resourcing have undertaken thier duties to the fullest of their abilities and are timely with thier work requests.
Sometimes the company finds you day to day work going to different schools and after a while the school can ask for you if they liked your work which makes it easier when being a supply teacher as you begin to recognise students and vice versa. I have worked a 9 week placement in a school for a teacher who was absent. The company will do their best to find you work and will call you to check on your availability. It's a good company to work for and if I ever have a query or a problem I know there are people I can speak to at the company whether over the phone if during the day or through email.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not always work for everyday if using public transport