Priory Group

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible place to work.

Pay is low. Under appreciated by management. No recognition for the positive things you do but the negatives are always brought up in group supervision affecting staff morale. The manager is self centred and cliquey with a stinking attitude. Concerns are not taken seriously and confidential conversations with the manager are openly discussed with others. Terrible place to work.

slow paced

good entry level job but there is a lack of progression opportunities for most staff with little help from senior level staff. good team in some wards but not consistent

rewarding

rewarding job, working with challenging behaviour and teaching life skills,some houses are more challenging than others, management are usually good, they have alot of red tape themselves.

Staff morale low

Always short staffed, some very unfriendly staff. Lots of agency staff used so no continuity of support. Constant phone call on days off asking you to work

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours and understaffed

Very productive work place

Offering great supports, with diverse range of productive experts supporting patients.A fast growing organisation, with opportunities for progression.

Do not care about staff

You are just a number to The Priory. There is a lot of responsibility thrown at you with the pay not reflecting this. You are often overworked and understaffed, working 12.5 hour shifts with no proper breaks. If you are off sick, they do not pay anything other than SSP. They do not really appreciate their staff.

enjoyed working with service uses but management were clicky and useless

loved the service uses helped them with living a full independent life with all aspects of personal care etc and did activities to suit their needs some staff were totally bone idle and the management at that time only got the job through knowing the previous manager, favourtism of course the pay at the time was rubbish left there to work for a better company and better hours and prospects best move i made leaving priory

Rife with Nepotism

Been at wigginton cottage a few weeks now and already feel some staff are treated better than others. I was told we had to work weekends or atleast one day of the weekend a week so that its fair on all staff. Only to find out another memeber of staff in the same role as me has recently started working here and has all the same shifts as the manager and doesn't seem to even being doing any weekends on the rota either. I'm always hearing Seniors gossiping on the floor during the day and some of the residents seem to miss out of their support due to lack of staff.

Rubbish pay, awful staff

None of the team are paid enough for how much they work. Conflicts with other staff get brushed off. Constantly use agency (which cost alot) but can't give the regular staff a pay rise? Hiring staff that clearly have no compassion and not a caring bone in their body. But hey, it's staff! No compassion when staff are unwell. Priory is all money, no care. I feel sorry for the staff and the people they look after! If you want a lot of work but with very little money then priory is the company for you.

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Over worked, underpaid & undervalued

Not a recommended place to work, the priory roehampton was a horrid experience with a ‘bullyish’ culture, everyone is stressed, the turnover is high and the pay is awful !

Fun work place

Very good place to work at, lovely staffs. They make sure their staffs are okay and comfortable.Free food on ground, every staff is treated Sam way..

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Cold and thoughtless management

No respect or role in decision making, constantly undervalued, no interest from senior managers in caring for patients, only in the company image, always hearing how expensive it is to hire agency staff but core staff are never treated with any interest or care so what do they expect when they leave? Really poor practice going on, but speaking up will only get you into trouble. Managers claim to want the hospital to improve, but don't want to tackle any actual problems, just do some renovation. No interest in looking at problems, challenging patients are not understood, but blamed, not enough relevant training, loads of other issues.

Pros

Lots of good support workers, some good nurses, and feeling that you helped make a small difference to the patients.

Cons

Lots - management, company culture, poor practice, no respect, etc.

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Not a pleasant experience.

Great place to work if you face fitted with the management and already clicky work team. Be prepared to be told getting injured is your own fault and that if you need medical treatment to take yourself.

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com ¬You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Worst place ever worked!

Horrible place to work, nasty staff very two faced made to feel like your not wanted their then having conversations about you behind your back head house keeper having conversation with same level staff talking about you but not explaining to you what you've done wrong or how to fix the problem, just moaning to other staff members about you when they haven't given you the correct training in the 1st place. Reception team exactly the same two faced and nasty. Could go on.. Worst place I have ever worked wouldn't recommend at all!!! No wonder house keepers don't last long their!

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. ¬You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Most toxic environment I have ever worked in

Never in my career have felt more insecure and devalued in a professional setting . Traumatized to the point that I am genuinely considering leaving the healthcare field altogether ( have always loved by job before in other settings).Even if you think you have evidence in black and white, that you were not at fault please do not be fooled. Emails are auto-deleted after a certain time. Please do not even try. You will be risking a lot more than your job.The good part was that majority of the employees are genuinely competent and interested in excelling and providing best patient care, but the barriers do not allow them to work at their optimum , if someone tries to voice out valid concerns it is made sure that everyone can see what power dynamics are capable of, to induce a sense of fear.Please save your self the pain no amount of money is worth it.

Pros

learning what not to learn, salary

Cons

workplace environment, lack of support, bullying, mismanagement, anarchy

Love my staff team

I love working where I work. The staff team are great, management listen to any concerns and they are sorted promptly. I love being able to enrich the lives of those that we support.

29 April 2022

Great Job/ Training made unbearable by other Health care assistance.

This job was perfect for me! I really enjoyed the job itself.However, this was sadly ruined by the fact that the existing staff (Hca's particularly) DO NOT like new staff. I have never been treated in such a cold, passive-aggressive manner by anyone in my life, and it seemed to be that small groups of individuals effectively set out to make people so uncomfortable that the job becomes unbearable and they leave. It was shocking to see the way they treated people, as it's something I have never experienced before or since, just pure nastiness!I was placed on Hazlewood ward and frankly, the management was great, very supportive and lovely, they just had no control over the long-standing staff members that have become a little too comfortable. I was so disappointed that I couldn't stick it out, as I believe I would have made a great addition to the ward, but the toxic work environment made it impossible.

Great company to progress

Since working with priory they have given me great opportunities to gain further qualifications for me to progress within the company. The training opportunities are great considering the state of the health and social care sector

29 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel that there are many opportunities for progression with Priory. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

great team

Working with a great team makes a difference, Priory also offer great ways to advance your career through their career pathways and, apprenticeships and training courses

29 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel that there are many opportunities for progression. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Poor salary

Poor salary management good long hours staff ok turn over not great always new staff, hardly any breaks. Annual leave good. Any issuses we’re sorted straight away

Cons

Long hours poor pay

29 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed working alongside your management team. If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

High workload, high stress, low staff, low pay.

Higher management have made a large mistake by claiming that the reason people get paid more working in Starbucks is because you need skills to work there. Completely undermining the efforts that the nurses and healthcare workers especially put into running the hospital. Calling senior staff nurses "basic nurses". Comments that have a detrimental effect to their staffing, hospital and company.The only positive is because they are so short of staff is that there is reduced chance of being fired so there is ongoing job security.

29 April 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement