Priory Group

Priory Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Priory Group selected this as a representative review
I moved to priory from a differant care company and have a lot of years experiance in the care sector, working in differant roles from support to management. I can honestly say this has been the best move of my career. Great staff team,supportive senior managment structure.
7 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your role working alongside your colleagues and that you feel supported by your senior management team.We wish you all the best as you continue to develop a long lasting career with Priory in a role that you love.
Fired me for no reason, would not recommend to anybody, managers will gossip about you to others, very unprofessional, members of staff are very gossipy, pay is very low
Cons
Horrible managers
2 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
This place is not a nice place to work at all! Most of staff were lovely but management were awful- e.g no key fob was given when I worked a night shift which lead me to be locked in the building by myself with no way out for about half an hour! Also a situation occurred which I wasn’t given training for and when I asked when I could get the training the managements reply was basically ‘we decide who’s good enough to be trained’ after a short time I began having panic attacks before every shift, which then followed me into the work place, such a shame because I did enjoy working with the service users!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Poor work/life balance, intimidating management
Nurses and night supervisor very unprofessional, talked about staff behind their back, even wrote emails back and forth while on shift calling people unimpressive. Lack of support or general morale. Only good thing were some of the younger support workers who worked very hard. Dangerous setting to be in at times. Felt I was in danger from being attacked by patients because of the lack of regular staff on the ward. Always agency staff who did not know the patients well and therefore gave the place a whole sense of unprofession and danger. If the patients were to attack you then you felt that you had little to no support there to help you. Very unnerving. Very clicky between some of the nurses and night supervisors. Wouldn't work there again. Not the place it used to be when it first opened.
Pros
Nice younger staff
Cons
No support, dangerous and unprofessional workplace
23 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
23 February 2021
To start of with, took six months to get a start date from being offered a position and signed contract.Training wasn't up to standard They don't recognise hidden disabilitys, which yes you do have a health questionnaire and yes occupation health and yes to medi gold but medi gold prescribed to put extra support, Priory group didn't follow the guide lines, Three shadow shifts which were not constructive.First day suspension, after shadow shifts, three months still on suspension with pay. I put in a constructive dismissal, on the day I put in a constructive dismissal I'm invited to a discipline meeting.All alleged allegations were made up and mangament encouraged, no further action.Wouldn't recommend Burton Park Melton Mowbray and not sure about the rest of the priory group?
Very unprofessional work place, if you're not permanent staff you get excluded and spoken down to. Shifts are constantly cancelled at short notice, or changed at the last minute.No support or career advancement offered from management. Unsafe and prohibited work practices related to Covid-19; had no issue with different staff working on a covid-positive ward and then letting them work on different wards with other patients. Did not encourage or allow staff to self isolate for 10 days following on from contact with covid positive patients.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay. Very hierarchical and no sense of teamwork
23 February 2021
Challenging workplace. Client group is understandably complex. The big issue was the reality that Senior management were not genuinely able or willing to properly support their workforce. Senior management on site were continually changing; it was a revolving door. It was also apparent that the shareholders did not properly invest in their staff both in terms of training and work place conditions and benefits. It was apparent that they preferred to invest more fully in front of house activity/appearance and infrastructure rather than in people who actually did the work. Seems a case of profit before people.
Pros
Competent and experienced colleagues
Cons
Very limited option for salary progression
23 February 2021
I have read other reviews on here and it is shocking to see so many people in the same situation where there is no management support, or understanding. The management are not trained for the job and then do not know how to respond when issues arise. All staff are not treated fairly and those who go the extra mile and care about the job are silenced by others who just pretend they know what they are doing but do not do their job correctly or safely. Severe lack of care towards staff welfare. The company is in it for the money. They also force the service users to be in more than they can cope and do not understand their needs. There is a very clear 'them and us' when it comes with management and the people who put in the hard work every day. Staff are made to feel they are not wanted and should leave rather than trying to do their best for the people in their care. This also puts their career at risk at the expense of the company trying to save face for their short comings in safety and lack of supportive policies. There is a huge danger to staff working for priory as many staff are not trained, and for those who are they are not working with people who can support them. People are expected to go against policies and act on things they are not trained to do. The company is driven by money but does not put this into staff training or into the students to meet their needs. They are purely driven by profit at the expense of staff and their service users. If I have seen some the reviews that I have now seen, I would never worked for the company. Save your career, - more...
Pros
Cons
Lack of support, untrained management... the list goes on. To many to mention.
9 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email LouiseWatts@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Mount View House is a horrible place to work. Close friends and people in relationships often working together on shifts which lead to people being given preferential treatment. No care given to work and life balance. Horrendous shift patterns which leave you exhausted and tired. A lot of bullying took place. No unity between staff. People constantly going into the office to report every little thing. This place has a very high staff turnover due to the horrible work environment. Over the past 1-2 years approximately 30 - 40+ staff members have come and gone which says a lot. The work environment is that bad that it'll definitely affect your mental health. One positive about this place is the pay. The pay is sightly higher than most places.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment
2 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
No support from management, rubbish pay for what you do, the place should be shut down!!!The only pro is support staff being a good team, no recognition from management and ran by agency
Pros
Supportive support workers
Cons
Everything but support workers
2 February 2021
I find the staff on my ward to be very helpful, however not so helpful on other wards. They tend to stick their nose up at you and not take you seriously. The staff on my ward are lovely and they support you and respond quickly to alarms and radios.
Pros
Wage, extra for nights and weekends
2 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your job alongside your team and that you feel supported in your role. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop a rewarding career with Priory.
Priory group are the worse company you could ever work for. The management are lazy, expect everyone else to do their job, talk about residents and staff behind their backs and their also on the rota to work until 4/5 and half the time they go home at 2/3 and still get paid for a full days work. Management and senior support workers are useless when it comes to incidents as they just sit in the office and let support staff deal with the incidents themselves. Priory DO NOT care which residents they bring in or if it is the correct place for the residents needs as all they care about it the money.
Pros
Leaving
2 February 2021
Loving and supportive staff team,who care about their residents. Majority of staff are great to work with and it is a pleasure to come and see their faces😀 Can be a hard work but very rewarding, yes cooking and cleaning is in your job description, overall a good place to work 😀 Staff enjoy taking residents out to do various activities in Derby and surrounding area, residents love to go out and enjoy walks, eating out and trips!
Pros
Staff and residents are great
Cons
Minimal wage
2 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your colleagues and the people you support. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop a rewarding career with Priory.
Priory is set in the dark ages . Management collaborate together for their own benefits . Unqualified leaderships .Cash used . Money of residents returning weekly into Priorys pockets .Terrible support Reliant on support workers not only caring for residents but doing nearly all the paperwork . Left understaffed and even expecting staff to try facebay to haggle for items to furnish the homes . Taking on challenge residents for a bigger profit without putting all their needs in place to help them . Can't fault many of the support workers who try their best because they care for the residents they support . Wouldn't work for them again .Sweet on the outside rotten to the core.
Pros
Lucky to get one
Cons
15 hours
2 February 2021
It's not what you know, however skilled.. Its definetely who you know at this organisation. Training is unadequate, lots of nepitism and no pay rises ever. If you can comply with all the things that risk your registration , great. You'll fit in well
Pros
I left
Cons
Terrible management structure
2 February 2021
Horrible place to work there , seen many cases of abuse which the new management ignored , which one resulted to a death in the end of December . When I first began at Vancouver I was left with out shadowing and ignored till I went on another shift pattern with more friendly staff .
Pros
Great bonds with service users
11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.If you would like to offer more information about your experience or give evidence of abuse or poor practice, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com so that we may begin to investigate further. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.
Most staff don’t appear to have the qualifications, skills required or knowledge for the job. Management can be very authoritarian in their approach, Staff are afraid and won’t question decisions or practice. Which Often don’t have the residents welfare at the forefront or staff welfare. Quick to support a hands on approach. Most staff are burnt out covering shifts as high turnover of staff. Constantly pressured to cover shifts and made to feel quilty if they don’t.
Pros
Good experience
11 January 2021
I worked on at the Cheadle royal hospital on Meadows ward under the manager at the time Jo. The team of staff where amazing and the level of care was exceptional, yes it is challenging at times but what job in care isn't ? I left due to reasons of my own but would recommend working at this hospital, training is regular and informative to a good standard. I often reflect fondly on my time and wish all the staff a happy 2021
Pros
good team environment
11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your team during your time with us and felt supported in your role. We wish you all the best in your future career.
Great organisation to be apart of. Follow every protocol and procedures to ensure safety and security. Very professional. Ensure staff are made comfortable.
Pros
Training
11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.
No sick payIncompetent management ZERO Covid safety measures in place (and if anyone is being tested for Covid or with symptoms, they’re encouraged to come back into the office by management) Unsociable working hours Every single worker in our office wis desperately unhappy and constantly looking for other work. Some serious whistle blowing needs to happen. Do not work for this company if you care about your own mental health.
Pros
A certificate at Christmas (unframed and bent in the post)
Cons
Everything else.
11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email KylieCheston@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Great company to work for, great support from senior management even though they were based in England. Great team of staff on site. Great support from other managers in company
Pros
Great support
Cons
Distance
30 December 2020
30 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and felt supported by your management team. We wish you all the best in your future career.
  1. Employee reviews