Priory Group

Priory Group Employee Reviews

Pay below average. Colleagues caring and committed but staffing levels unacceptable and clinical staff carry the can when quality of care drops as a result of this.
Pros
Lovely group of peers
Cons
Lack of sick pay
Hiring managers were very warm and supportive during the full hiring process.I feel very welcome to the company. Great opportunity to expand my knowledge.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Ive worked for priory for 3 years I love the service I work at really friendly and inviting. The manager is amazing always available to discuss are listen to any concerns are ideas you may have. It’s a small service with regular staff that all get along. Couldn’t imagine working anywhere else
Cons
I work for the Priory for 10 years.Position not really recognised. The safety of staff needs to be more addressed Management needs to be addressed.Poor upkeep of premises A lot of Managers sacked due to misconduct.Bank staff needed
Pros
Taking service users out, really enjoyable
Cons
Rotas incomplete, always late
12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Well where do I start, if you enjoy being bullied by staff this is the job for you. If your face fits your fine. Staff gang up on you & make your work day unpleasant. Due to being short staffed you are expected to work extra. If you are a smoker you will fit in. No encouragement for anyone forprogression unless you are managements friends. Considering the Priory care for residents with mental health issues or disabilities they treat their staff poorly, no consideration for support if needed. Personal issues are not kept personal management tell staff so then the gossip begins. No support from management certain staff treat residents awfully bad high turnover of staff. You have staff discussing their intimate life with all the different men in front of residents. Always looking for scapegoats to blame rather than taking responsibility themselves, very much pass the buck attitude. WORK HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Pros
Cons
Bullying by management & staff poor pay
12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
It’s terrible, they treat their permanent staff terrible. They always over book shifts so more staff show up than needed to then get sent home!! Staff turnover is ridiculous, HCA do everything the management do absolutely nothing. Would not recommend this company to work at to anyone. You also work very long hours (which is expected) don’t get paid breaks even though you’re 8/10 working through your break. Only good thing is the patients and getting to see the change from when coming in to leaving
Pros
Patients are rewarding
Cons
everything else, long hours, not paid for your break even though you don’t always get it, pay is awful too
12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Management, are not people friendly, whether it's the residents or staff. No help or assistance from them. The team are great, the residents are great, although half of them should've moved on some time ago. It's a profit drivem company. Bed fillers which means that some are not suitable for the service.It's needs a whole new management with correct experience and are willin to listen to staff and residents.I would not recommend working here, or sending loved ones here.Staff and residents are in danger of other residents aggression.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
It pays my rent.
6 April 2021
Brilliant place to work, training and career progression opportunities are fantastic. Staff well being is always listened to.
Pros
Training opportunities
6 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position, and are impressed with the opportunities for training and development. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.
clients very nice, easy going place as far as clients go, management bullies, if face dont fit, workplace culture toxic, management always moving goal post, don't know what write or wrong
Pros
Cons
Plenty
30 March 2021
Shifts were long and very often under staffed. Did not receive much training considering the type of patients you were expected to work with having little knowledge of their conditions. Not much support from management and no prospects to move up the ladder which you are initially told at interview. Pay is rubbish
Pros
Good team mates
Cons
Rubbish pay, unsociable hours
30 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Great place to work, Brill benefits, managers are supportive, great place to progress work pattern is great, Thursday breakfast. Support
Pros
3 free meals, drinks, paid holiday for birthday, Thursday breakfast, managers
Cons
Wage and
22 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.
So much work to do an not enough staff.Sometimes you don't get proper breaks,overtime is not always paid,management can be non synthetic to their staff regarding any issues you might have.
Pros
Income
Cons
Heavy work, basic wage, no moral in workplace
Been with priory nearly 2yrs,made to feel wanted from day 1....great team and great manager, salary could be better for what I'm required to do,manager strives to get staff the help they need,however like us all is let down by senior management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long hours, no overtime
22 March 2021
This home is lovely the clients are really sweet but unfortunately the staff is not very nice especially to night staff. Very clicky and not very much support from management at all. always calling to make us come in earlier as they are always understaffed but allow it to happen.
Pros
Cons
very clicky, not great pay, unbalanced work schedule
9 March 2021
Working here at Rochdale has been an enlightening experience. I am seeing a few negative reviews pop up and as a recent full time employee who has now transferred to a bank contract I feel I need to write this review. Working here is a mix of everything you would think of that any job would entail. It’s relaxed, stressful, quiet, busy.. it is after all a home for those with complex needs. It will ALWAYS be different everyday. The management addressed issues of relationships efficiently and it is by no means a regular occurrence that the situation of relationships between colleagues prevails. Overall the team worked together to ensure we each had smooth sailing shifts. They were friendly, open and compassionate to colleagues and service users. You always get a bad egg in every workplace but they are not there for long as the whole outlook at working at mount view was service users are priority and we as a team will ensure the environment for all staff and service users is a welcoming and friendly place to work.The reviews I am reading, I can say that we have not lost 40 staff recently. I was one who left but I stayed on as a bank contract as this place has been the most amazing place to work and the good day certainly outweigh the bad. Yes there are bad days, nowhere is perfect but those bad days are extremely limited.
Pros
Service users staff support
Cons
Morale throughout covid which to be fair is universal
8 March 2021
I worked Bannview in Banbridge. Bank/ permanent. Had to wait weeks on my pay. The welcome bonus your promised still to this day I’ve not received. Over run by children wanting to be adults, talking behind people’s backs. Poor management, can’t get shifts place is a joke! Poor pay for what we detail with on a daily basics
Pros
Good unit manager
Cons
Not enough pay for your job
9 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email KarenLangton@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Fired me for no reason, would not recommend to anybody, managers will gossip about you to others, very unprofessional, members of staff are very gossipy, pay is very low
Cons
Horrible managers
2 March 2021
This place is not a nice place to work at all! Most of staff were lovely but management were awful- e.g no key fob was given when I worked a night shift which lead me to be locked in the building by myself with no way out for about half an hour! Also a situation occurred which I wasn’t given training for and when I asked when I could get the training the managements reply was basically ‘we decide who’s good enough to be trained’ after a short time I began having panic attacks before every shift, which then followed me into the work place, such a shame because I did enjoy working with the service users!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Poor work/life balance, intimidating management
9 March 2021
Nurses and night supervisor very unprofessional, talked about staff behind their back, even wrote emails back and forth while on shift calling people unimpressive. Lack of support or general morale. Only good thing were some of the younger support workers who worked very hard. Dangerous setting to be in at times. Felt I was in danger from being attacked by patients because of the lack of regular staff on the ward. Always agency staff who did not know the patients well and therefore gave the place a whole sense of unprofession and danger. If the patients were to attack you then you felt that you had little to no support there to help you. Very unnerving. Very clicky between some of the nurses and night supervisors. Wouldn't work there again. Not the place it used to be when it first opened.
Pros
Nice younger staff
Cons
No support, dangerous and unprofessional workplace
23 February 2021
To start of with, took six months to get a start date from being offered a position and signed contract.Training wasn't up to standard They don't recognise hidden disabilitys, which yes you do have a health questionnaire and yes occupation health and yes to medi gold but medi gold prescribed to put extra support, Priory group didn't follow the guide lines, Three shadow shifts which were not constructive.First day suspension, after shadow shifts, three months still on suspension with pay. I put in a constructive dismissal, on the day I put in a constructive dismissal I'm invited to a discipline meeting.All alleged allegations were made up and mangament encouraged, no further action.Wouldn't recommend Burton Park Melton Mowbray and not sure about the rest of the priory group?
9 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Very unprofessional work place, if you're not permanent staff you get excluded and spoken down to. Shifts are constantly cancelled at short notice, or changed at the last minute.No support or career advancement offered from management. Unsafe and prohibited work practices related to Covid-19; had no issue with different staff working on a covid-positive ward and then letting them work on different wards with other patients. Did not encourage or allow staff to self isolate for 10 days following on from contact with covid positive patients.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay. Very hierarchical and no sense of teamwork
  1. Employee reviews