Priory Group

Priory Group Employee Reviews

At first the job at Gateholme was good, but once you see how undervalued and overworked you are its an eye opener. When you see how their is a lack of resources eg food, items for activities, books and things to do with them, it starts to take a toll on you (their is only so much you can do).The culture is oppressive and gossiping is rife. The company doesn't care what is happening to you or to the site. Good/ staff have left and now they have tons of agency staff on site as they can keep staff.
Pros
Cons
The culture and lack of everything
26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
I have worked for the civil service for 37 years, and decided I needed a change. So I took time out to refurbish my house, after 18 months I wanted to work part time, saw priory group advertised and applied at Newstead House Redcar, who specialise in supporting adults with Autism. I can honestly say it's a lovely place to work with superb staff, very hardworking and diligent mangers who have accommodated my request for part time and a good work life balance, the pay is appropriate and the environment very caring for both service users and staff, I would whole heartedly have no issue recommending Newstead House at Redcar as a fantastic place to work, where although it can be challenging is the most rewarding job, nah vocation you could wish for, it's a privilege to come to work
Pros
Brilliant staff, and service users
Cons
Long shifts
There was no support from noone in management. There was people screaming shouting trying to kill themselves and alarms going off all the time and the managers didnt even come to the ward from one day to the next. I got hit and was on the sick they didn't even ask me how I was and I didn't get any sick pay
Pros
Cons
So many
10 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email KarenLangton@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
This is an awful place to work. The workload on staff is ridiculous. There is very little staff so the children are under ratio. The management give very little support to staff and don’t want to listen to their employees . The whole setup is just on its backside with wages not getting sort along with staff getting put in dangerous unsafe positions. The pay is pathetic considering what we do day in day out. No appreciation or acknowledgement.
10 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
The priory is an absolute awful place to work. Managers are under qualified no personal skills. Terrible at communicating within the teams. Working environment is horrendous of your not in the "Click", you are cast aside and forced into redundancy.Purchase ledger management is horrendous. Diabolical.I would avoid this place at all costs.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Like working in a school playground, teams full of young people who talk about each other nasty
10 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KylieCheston@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
The Job itself is amazing, the people you look after are amazing, the management don't have time for you, if you have a concern or query it usually goes unanswered, or will get a generic script response.
Pros
Service users are amazing
10 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues, and looking after the incredible service users. We wish you all the best in your future career.
Worked regularly on a 0 contract for 6 months 52 hours a week.Call on a Saturday canceling my shifts until further notice no explanation, no contact. But still put job ads out and still using agency.Took 3 months to get my P45 from them.Shooking company to work for and definitely wouldn't recommend. Steer clear.
Pros
Cons
Totally not appreciated
26 April 2021
If you value your PIN, sanity, and mental health then DO NOT step foot in this dangerous hole! Referring to the Arnold Priory but I'm in no doubt that they're all soul-sapping torture chambers!This is coming from a very strong and resilient person.....its truly beyond awful! I've never known anything quite like it; completely unreal and untenable. It baffles me how the Priory are allowed to operate!
Pros
None!!
Cons
Everything!
After working for the army since I left school, I was nervous to completely change jobs, management and staff at Westbury lodge have all been amazing in welcoming and supporting me in my new job role as a support worker. I feel I have gained a better understanding towards mental health and learning disabilities through the online training that I have completed.
Pros
Training, work life balance, great team and management
Cons
Non
26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.
Hiring managers were very warm and supportive during the full hiring process.I feel very welcome to the company. Great opportunity to expand my knowledge.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
26 April 2021
they issue warning on every little issue. they make you alot of hours and makes blunders on wage every time. they don't appreciate the staff at all...
Pros
have unlimited brews
Cons
they don't let you live your life.
26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email relevant JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Ive worked for priory for 3 years I love the service I work at really friendly and inviting. The manager is amazing always available to discuss are listen to any concerns are ideas you may have. It’s a small service with regular staff that all get along. Couldn’t imagine working anywhere else
26 April 2021
I work for the Priory for 10 years.Position not really recognised. The safety of staff needs to be more addressed Management needs to be addressed.Poor upkeep of premises A lot of Managers sacked due to misconduct.Bank staff needed
Pros
Taking service users out, really enjoyable
Cons
Rotas incomplete, always late
12 April 2021
Well where do I start, if you enjoy being bullied by staff this is the job for you. If your face fits your fine. Staff gang up on you & make your work day unpleasant. Due to being short staffed you are expected to work extra. If you are a smoker you will fit in. No encouragement for anyone forprogression unless you are managements friends. Considering the Priory care for residents with mental health issues or disabilities they treat their staff poorly, no consideration for support if needed. Personal issues are not kept personal management tell staff so then the gossip begins. No support from management certain staff treat residents awfully bad high turnover of staff. You have staff discussing their intimate life with all the different men in front of residents. Always looking for scapegoats to blame rather than taking responsibility themselves, very much pass the buck attitude. WORK HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Pros
Cons
Bullying by management & staff poor pay
12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
It’s terrible, they treat their permanent staff terrible. They always over book shifts so more staff show up than needed to then get sent home!! Staff turnover is ridiculous, HCA do everything the management do absolutely nothing. Would not recommend this company to work at to anyone. You also work very long hours (which is expected) don’t get paid breaks even though you’re 8/10 working through your break. Only good thing is the patients and getting to see the change from when coming in to leaving
Pros
Patients are rewarding
Cons
everything else, long hours, not paid for your break even though you don’t always get it, pay is awful too
12 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Management, are not people friendly, whether it's the residents or staff. No help or assistance from them. The team are great, the residents are great, although half of them should've moved on some time ago. It's a profit drivem company. Bed fillers which means that some are not suitable for the service.It's needs a whole new management with correct experience and are willin to listen to staff and residents.I would not recommend working here, or sending loved ones here.Staff and residents are in danger of other residents aggression.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
It pays my rent.
6 April 2021
Pay below average. Colleagues caring and committed but staffing levels unacceptable and clinical staff carry the can when quality of care drops as a result of this.
Pros
Lovely group of peers
Cons
Lack of sick pay
Brilliant place to work, training and career progression opportunities are fantastic. Staff well being is always listened to.
Pros
Training opportunities
6 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position, and are impressed with the opportunities for training and development. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.
clients very nice, easy going place as far as clients go, management bullies, if face dont fit, workplace culture toxic, management always moving goal post, don't know what write or wrong
Pros
Cons
Plenty
30 March 2021
Shifts were long and very often under staffed. Did not receive much training considering the type of patients you were expected to work with having little knowledge of their conditions. Not much support from management and no prospects to move up the ladder which you are initially told at interview. Pay is rubbish
Pros
Good team mates
Cons
Rubbish pay, unsociable hours
30 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
Great place to work, Brill benefits, managers are supportive, great place to progress work pattern is great, Thursday breakfast. Support
Pros
3 free meals, drinks, paid holiday for birthday, Thursday breakfast, managers
Cons
Wage and
22 March 2021