Priory Group

Priory Group Employee Reviews in Preston

Preston22 reviews

userwardcqcbehaviourrubbishrotasupportstaff

Ok to work for

They are ok to work for. Some enhncements for doing overtime and working bank holidays. Work / life balance quite tricky. Good amount of annual leave each year.

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Very undervalued as Health Care Assistant

The hospital at Preston could be so much better than it is. Staff turnover is frequent. Agency workers, some are good others fail to engage with service users and have language issues.Management claim that they care about employees but are often quick to tell you how undervalued you are. Majority of staff are helpful and supportive but a handful can be seen as bullies and nothing is done about their conduct towards others.

Pros

Free parking. Meal per shift.

Cons

Long hours. Staff often burnt out.

11 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Insights into Priory Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Amazing

Currently working at treetop view great atmosphere and amazing staff. Management is great and are always helpful. There is alot of benefits for the staff. Staff moral is good. Overall its a great place to work.

11 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your team and the people you support. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Career development opportunities

Great place to work! Feels like you're part of a family. Management support personal development and focus on your future potential by providing mentorship and training.

Pros

Free parking Free meals Birthday leave!

7 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your team. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Poor effort

Don’t care about staff at all! Why all other care companies are paying a decent amount where still on £9 and then wondering why all the staff are leaving

Pros

Cons

Awful pay not valued lack of staff unwilling to look at the pay

29 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Demanding and stressful place to work

I feel you are just a number and so long as they reach that they don’t care if it is the right team and a safe environment.It can be a dangerous at times and I feel it takes a lot for anything to get done about it .The management’s just seem to listen to your complaints and worries but don’t act on them .

Pros

Permanent

Cons

Poor wages, stressful, volatile environment

8 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

staff is a joke, management is joke.

they issue warning on every little issue. they make you alot of hours and makes blunders on wage every time. they don't appreciate the staff at all...

Pros

have unlimited brews

Cons

they don't let you live your life.

26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email relevant JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Care Providers - Not This Company.

All sounds good on paper but reality soon shows that the company only cares about making as much profit as possible with the least amount of expenditure. Training onsite is very much a hit and miss affair, house management tend to focus on spending as little as possible for the homes, much to the detriment of the service users who could be waiting weeks or even months for replacement of necessary furnishings. Staff wages slightly above minimum rate, no overtime rate, no sleep in bonus. The Covid pandemic has shown how little this company value their staff by refusing to furlough those advised by the govenment to shield.

Pros

Service Users.

Cons

Inconsistent training, poor wage, very little management support when issues arise, long hours without a break.

3 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us

Do not do this to yourself

I have worked for the Priory group for 18 months now. Under previous manager things were settled, yet demanding the focus was on service users and their needs. New management team have been trying but they do like to join in and further gossip between colleagues. It can be a very stressful day to day job. I have no issues working with anybody but I have a problem working with service users who make lots of allegations towards staff when I am left alone

19 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com

Good staff Really Poor management

Worked at Priory for over 5yrs in a variety of roles/ locations. Everywhere pretty much the same... Poor Pay/ Limited resources/ Poor management. Company is about making a profit, not providing good care

19 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further and find out which sites you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Don’t even bother

Not worth of working there, racist honestly just not worth it . Salary is really bad, management is useless. Staff just gossip that the only thing they know.

3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Avoid

No safeguarding for staff or children. Alcohol found on premises by staff from management in children's bedrooms (13years old!) Oh yes, you read that right. Management change paperwork and use your signature from previous documents signed. Again you read that right. Some staff on premises are not DBs checked and told not to clock in for the sake of if Ofsted or cqc attend! If you like a clean DBs stay clear!!

Pros

You'll appreciate any other job in the world after this one

Cons

Received broken arm (other staff broken nose, ribs eye socket) not worth it.

10 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us. Please contact our anonymous and confidential whistleblowing helpline on 0800 484 0816 or email whistleblowing@priorygroup.com so that we can find out which site you are referring to and begin to investigate. If you would prefer to offer more information and talk about the issues you've mentioned you can also do this by dropping an email to LouiseWatts@PrioryGroup.com

Great people at the home, higher managers poor

The home is really nice but old fashioned. Needs to be totally updated. Carers really care about residents and each other Manager is good, fair and listens to us but she never seems to get any support from higher managers. It's a real shame

Pros

Teamwork, residents

Cons

No help from higher up managers

– 2 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.We're so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported by your team. We hope that you continue to enjoy your role and wish you all the best as you develop your career with Priory.

Lovely nursing home with people who care

Good team work Friendly management Caring atmosphere Free parking Supportive place to be a staff member Definitely recommend it to Carers and Nurses. Lovely nursing home

Pros

People

Cons

No paid breaks

10 June 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your time so far with Priory.It's great to hear that you feel supported by your team and managers. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with us and work in a role that you enjoy.Kind regards,Holly Baxter

Highly professional working environment

A very service user focused organisation. Highly professional and great emphasis is placed on client service and welfare. All staff work together as a team with the sole purpose of providing the best possible service leading to the best outcomes for the service users.

Pros

lots of trainings

Cons

low pay

Disgusting company don’t care about people

Vile corrupt company please don’t place vulnerable adults with these cowboys. They are worse than winter borne and they cover it up. This company needs dealing with. Money grabbers. Senior management and HR are corrupt

Pros

Residents

Cons

None vile company

Great

Great place to work, assist the young person to achieve daily targets and help in general day to day life for the young person from toileting to cooking food. no day is the same.

Experience

I've enjoyed my time working for the priory I just feel myself I'm ready for a new challenge as I've seen kids come and go house change so much I'd like something new

Good work place

Not the worst company I have worked for but they have issues regarding payroll every single month. Some people don't get paid correctly, some people not at all. Always ammended a month later. Some good benefits on offer once you have been there a while but not much chance of progression.

productive and could be challenging

Everyday at work is a new experience, there are good days however there are those days that aren't that good.Many at times short staffing is experience.A lot of staff leavers are not replaced. Recruitment for new staff are not efficient.They hire bank staff and not permanent full time. Bank staff will just choose the day and shift they like and that would leave most weekend understaffing for very seldom bank staff will work weekend. Hope the HR and whoever is in charge of recruitment will hire permanent full time staff.

Pros

no need to wear uniform

Cons

wages not right

fun workplace

Practice according with standards of care. Meeting individuals needs.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Priory Group with

Learn about Priory Group in Preston

• Priory Group
  • Preston
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?