Priory Group

Care Assistant45 reviews
United Kingdom45 reviews

userwardcqcbehaviourrubbishrotasupportstaff

Poor management, low pay

Awful management, expect you to work the rota they provide and live your life around it. There’s rarely any permenant staff so your always working with uncompetant agency staff

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Fun working place

It was much fun working there, I have met wonderful people 😊, but they Management is not good, poor management..Good Memories all that left... 🙂🙂🙂

23 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and approved of the learning opportunities available. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Insights into Priory Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Shocking

Rubbish management, under staffed, under paid, no progression opportunities unless your shocking at your job, no help from senior staff or nurses. Overall avoid.

16 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Fun work place

Very good place to work at, lovely staffs. They make sure their staffs are okay and comfortable.Free food on ground, every staff is treated Sam way..

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Management don't care

Management does not care about nightstaff, they won't answer important calls when they are on call over the weekend. There is no support for the staffs mental health

10 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com or call our confidential whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Wouldn’t recommend to be honest

I would avoid if possible, company itself is not a great company to work for, I believe the staff are not thought off and also the case for residents, all about the bottom line ! Not the care

10 February 2022

Bad management

There was no support for the carers. The staffing was cut down and worked 12 hour shifts with no breaks. No support during covid. Awful place to work for

Pros

Cons

Long hours with no break.

22 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Shocking place, very dirty, badly run.

Imagine applying for a job in a Hotel. When you start you're told you will be allocated to a number of guests, you have to cook for them 4 times per day, clean their rooms, entertain them, wash and iron their clothes and be responsible for their health and well being! A joke? Course it is, but not at Priory Group! The poor residents are being short changed on a monumental basis. Their carers do anything but Care and support them with daily activities. The job may be okay if they employed cooks, cleaners, laundry staff etc As a 'carer' you will be expected to cook for example a Sunday lunch for 10' wash up afterwards , whilst perhaps a resident is screaming at other residents, another one may be trying to cuddle you whilst your dealing with hot pans, someone may be upset and in need of comfort, but for goodness sake don't let the spuds burn, there are no more today! Absolutely diabolical and heart breaking for those poor people! I think they get away with not having designated staff to do certain jobs by saying its an assisted living unit..ie you just assist the residents, however 80% were not capable for one reason or another, so staff had a ludicrous amount of work to do at the expense of residents

Pros

None whatsoever

Cons

Long hours, dirty smelly environment, poor pay, uneducated staff

4 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Heavy workload on daily basis

So much work to do an not enough staff.Sometimes you don't get proper breaks,overtime is not always paid,management can be non synthetic to their staff regarding any issues you might have.

Pros

Income

Cons

Heavy work, basic wage, no moral in workplace

Disgrace

I worked Bannview in Banbridge. Bank/ permanent. Had to wait weeks on my pay. The welcome bonus your promised still to this day I’ve not received. Over run by children wanting to be adults, talking behind people’s backs. Poor management, can’t get shifts place is a joke! Poor pay for what we detail with on a daily basics

Pros

Good unit manager

Cons

Not enough pay for your job

9 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email KarenLangton@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

So unprofessional and incompetent!

I applied for a care worker position at Apple Mews, Armagh last year, and was duly interviewed by the manager and somebody else. I have a conviction dating back more than 30 years; I explained the circumstances during the interview, and even showed them a recent DBS report, identical to the one they would be receiving if they took my application further.I duly conpleted my DBS request for this employment, sat back and waited .....I subsequently had a phone call, requesting me to call at the office to discuss my (non-violent!) misdemeanour of 33 years previously. Soon after, i had an email from Head Office in England, asking yet again for full details. I replied very comprehensively, but heard nothing for about two months, by which time I assumed that they had binned my application, and found alternative employment. Then I received a phone call, requesting that I attend Apple Mews for a third time, so that my offence could be discussed in full!!!!!!This was three months after my original interview. I'm quite fortunate in that i have pensions, so am not dependent on work income. But supposing I was on Jobseekers or something?! There would be no way I'd be in a position to squander three months waiting for this chaotically unprofessional company to decide whether or not to employ me. I still get angry thinking of this - an apology from the company regarding their administrative incompetence would NOT have gone amiss!But I should have known better .... in 2018, I also applied for a care job there, but heard nothing, so eventually accepted another job offer. Sometine later, -

Pros

Attractive purpose-built premises (Armagh).

Cons

Everything else

30 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.If you would like to offer more information about your concerns and experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us

Avoid

Not a nice place to work. They do not care about the service users or staff. The majority of the staff are ok. But the management are an absolute joke. They will work you into the ground.The home is always looking for new staff that says it all really.I have never written a bad review for and old employer but this one definitely deserved it

Pros

Hours were suitable for myself

Cons

The management is a joke. They dont care about staff or service users

30 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your concerns and experience so that we may investigate and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Disgusting!!!

What a joke of a place!!!! I would never ever go back to this place again!!! An I wouldn’t even dream of allowing my family to reside there!! Several of the team who work there are only concerned with money money money!! Having a silly rule of getting a minimum four people up in the morning by 7am!! These people are elderly not an army!! A staff nurse that is more concerned of paying for her home than the people she cares fo. A manger that knows and and allows the team that gets theses people up a from 4am and onwards including hoisting them into a chair so they have more to put to bed when they come in!! Disgusting fo! And a manifest that a

Pros

Unless you find someone with morals in there to back you up with your own, there is none!!

Cons

Way to many to even list!!

10 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about the issues concerning residents so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Cooper Lane

When I first started working as bank assistant. I was not made to feel like part of the team it’s often felt like to some staff it was territorial. Because they will make you feel like small all the management and nurses were not helpful at all they do their job and go home nurses were meant to lead the team but they didn’t.

– 1 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Very friendly environment

Nice clean place to work Friendly staff Adorable clients who make your job worthy Big home to cater for residential nursing and dementia needs Activities and entertainment throughout the week

5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role working alongside your team and the patients you support. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your role with Priory.

Don’t even bother

Not worth of working there, racist honestly just not worth it . Salary is really bad, management is useless. Staff just gossip that the only thing they know.

3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Very good.

The work place is such a nice environment, very well managed and looked after. The residents are loving and kind. The work colleagues are easy to get on with, easy to work with. The job was explained properly and easy to get into.

– 6 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your team and that you approved of the training received when you began your role. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Horrible toxic environment

I worked at home owned by priory in Watton and it the worse place I have ever worked. Staff fight in carpark infront of cameras without any action taken by managers. The service manager shreds incident forms so HR don't find out the "Senior Unit Manager" left due to this after reporting to HR That the manager was doing this and nothing was done. Members of staff have come into work drunk and not been sent home. One of the nurses is the rudest woman I have ever met calling staff scruffy and telling staff they must go home and iron the uniform as it is disgusting whilst stood there with greasy hair, making up lies to managers to make herself look better Before the interm manager left he said "the problem with this home is the carers" staff have also been signed off with stress and then contracts have been terminated. The absence policy not followed correctly. All in all I would not work there if you don't want to come out having a nervous break down.

– 16 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned, so that we can find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@PrioryGroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

No wonder in the news and have a bad reputation

Avoid like the plague , poorly run , profit orientation over every thing else , lots of stuff that doesn’t make the news brushed under the carpet , poor culture , poorly led No 1 2 and 3 rule of this company is ripping off staff wages , local authorities ref funding and ticking boxes

16 December 2019

Summary of time spent at BL

I have never worked somewhere so shambolic, staff getting away with being lazy and gossiping. They have let a drunk lady work after other staff have reported this to higher up, it has got completely out of control as I have decided to leave as people do not put the residents first anymore and since working there I have seen a major decline in my mental health. They do not support you. Find managers attitude and other staff appalling.

– 12 December 2019

Workplace culture

Most care homes are well understaffed and the Elton unit is far from that. Like everywhere you have to account for sickness and people leaving. Yes we use agency carers at times but the fact that there’s 17 members of staff to 28 patients is a bonus unlike the 2 carers to 30 residents at most care homes. 3 agency carers are used per shift, no more! The staff to patient ratio is excellent. The management are fair and proactive. The patients needs are always put first as they should be. They offer excellent holidays, free meals, flexible working and mostly great support. If you want to be a dedicated carer/nurse and look after the most vulnerable group of patients come work with us. The Priory have excellent benefits and the Elton unit is a fab team to work with. The training is outstanding and if you are willing to learn offer so many learning opportunities.

10 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your team and that you feel supported in your workplace. We're glad to hear that you approve of the training, learning and development opportunities available and we wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career and work in a role that you enjoy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement