Priory Group

Care Worker18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews

userwardcqcbehaviourrubbishrotasupportstaff

You are just a number

Management are the problem in this company it’s very them and usManagement do not respect what you do and poor pay on reflection for what you are expected to do

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Good

Great Team. Very focused with needs of people in the service. Good work culture.Good plans for the week of the people using the service and excellent person centered training

16 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and approved of the learning opportunities available. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Insights into Priory Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

I honestly would not even go for the interview it's made to look good on the surface as they do for inspections..

If you want to work for minium wage 13 hr shift and treated like rubbish and do untold pointless training because it looks good then it's the job for you

Pros

Honestly can't think of one apart from they have some good staff

Cons

Hours money conditions management shift pattern

11 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com or call our confidential whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

The team at Llanarth Court are amazing!

I love working with such dedicated and caring people. There is a real team spirit at Llanarth. I find that the staff care about each other and care about the patients, and are really skilled in providing a service to people who really need it. It's a hard job sometimes, but no two days are the same, and I like being challenged to learn more.

Pros

Great colleagues! Free meals. Good shift patterns. Flexibility in working hours.

Cons

It can feel really busy some days - but I quite like that!

10 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role working alongside your team and the individuals you support. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Work here if you want bad pay, no support, bullying, rubbish management, mental breakdown

Priory as a company do not care about the people they support they allow terrible environment including rats,to go on for over a year without sorting anything out. Mould in houses, staff that would rather be anywhere but at work, complete lack of team work, cleaning staff who don’t clean, management that lock themselves into offices to chat and drink coffee all day, service users needs are not met, food isn’t distributed to houses most cupboards lay bare, no outings / trips, lack of staff morale, lots of relationships between staff and management.

Pros

2 staff who care out of the whole staff team

Cons

The rest of the staff don’t care

19 January 2022

Reveiw

Shaftburys mews is thee worst place to work manager's and most of the nurse all in clicks there no support u have to watch ur back constantly Under new management 2 years ago well my advice don't do it Resident are bored and dirty p/c never done right yet recorded it done staff are lazy they are sacking alot of very good staff Support workers mainly in bungalow 3 sit on phone and mess about all day 121 are left to sit in lounge to sleep all staff is concerned bout is going for smokes residents aren't cared for way they shud They can't keep there staff Residents are being shouted at instead of doing things y they are bored constant no activities are being done Staff being bullied by nurses One nurse messes about bullys and does nothing but smoke while challenging behaviour continue to continue DO NOT COME HERE TO WORK UR BULLIED AND UNDER CONSTANT STRESS It be a great place to work if under a new mangment

Pros

relationships with service users

Cons

Bullies stressed or sacked

10 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience and the concerns you have mentioned so that we may begin to investigate further, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com or call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Treated like a nobody

I loved the caring aspect of the job.The senior staff and the management are OK but the company is evil.Penny pinching, money grabbing, high volume burocracy, squeezing every last drop out of you for minimum wage.

Pros

Given £10 towards staff Christmas Dinner every year, if you attended.

Cons

Long shifts with no break away from the service users, nowhere safe to hang your coat, Understaffing meant that you were always working alongside agency staff.

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

don't start

they don't treat you properly. managers are not trained. they expect you to know everything immediately. Although they do let you go out on day trips.

26 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Productive fun workplace

Ive worked for priory for 3 years I love the service I work at really friendly and inviting. The manager is amazing always available to discuss are listen to any concerns are ideas you may have. It’s a small service with regular staff that all get along. Couldn’t imagine working anywhere else

26 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Stressful. Under appreciated. Staff do not care

I worked there for 1 whole year. Experienced staff will ignore patients and get you to do the jobs they don’t want to do. The food is revolting and cheap and it costs about £1 to feed a patient. Patients meals are often wrong even if they have allergies or are vegan. Ward rules get decided by people who aren’t even on the ward. You will never ever finish on time. Ever. Patients are amazing if you show them respect. You will get moved around the hospital if you become close with a patient. Management is a JOKE. When the CQC are due to come in, staff will do everything they can to make the ward look busy and productive by filling out a white board that hasn’t been written on in months but is meant to be done daily and tidying up etcI had an amazing time talking to patients and learning about them and their issues and helping them on a daily basis. They really are appreciative of someone who genuinely cares. The money you get for the work you do is horrendous. Don’t expect a thank you for your efforts. The food is dreadful and it costs about £1 to feed a patient. Disgusting.

Pros

2 hour lunch break. Meet interesting people

Cons

Terrible hours. Average pay. Terrible food

13 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us

love being here

happy friendly place to be and working, good team work friendly clients to interact with, regular on going training and support given. Shifts are 7am or pm.

Pros

food always served free and its freshly coked delicious

Cons

3 days work but long hours

26 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time so far with Priory.It's great to hear that you feel supported by your colleagues and that you approve of the training and support you are given. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with us and work in a role that you enjoy.Kind regards,Holly Baxter

Incompetent management

Stay clear from them. Ego's far outweigh ability and bullying and abuse of staff is the norm. When audited by Priory or an outside body the worksite turns into a massive theatre with some glistening performances giving by management and their cronies. if you want this type of experience apply now. Priory claim to investigate any allegations made against their management. In all fairness they probably do, but with the aid of rose tinted spectacles! After all they dont want any more bad publicity if they can avoid it.

Pros

Cons

The use of the term Team. Secret service would be more appropriate than team.

14 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We're sorry to hear that you had some concerns during your time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information so that we can look further into the issues and find out at what site they are occurring, please contact myself at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com.If you have a specific incident or issue you'd like to report, you can call our whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816 or email whistleblowing@priorygroup.com. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.Kind regards,Holly Baxter

Secure environment

Good working environment . Nice colleagues . Free lunches and they provide lots of training. They are competent and they put their patients first in all. The salary could be better . Online training is available as well as group training. Work is flexible and waed managers try to understand their carers to help them with any challenges.

Greedy company more interested in money than care providing

I work 4 years way to long for this company hoping it would get better each manager. 5 different managers in 4 years tells a story. Care staff turnover constant. Was made a senior by one manager. Next manager came along and because i had reportrd a problem about a carers rough moving and handling was told i was disrespectful to the staff. It caused me so much stress i gave senior position back. Lack of staff always agency being called in. Ehole company is just run for the money mot for the care. They dont care full stop.

Pros

Great care colleagues. Seperate staff area.

Cons

Poor wage. Poor staff turnover. Lack of management

Avoid!

Terrible to work for, very unsupportive. Management are un approachable, not trained enough, under staffed, rude and demanding seniors and ward managers!

Pros

free meals

Cons

management, under staffed

looks after the clients but massive turn over of staff - why !!!

I worked for The Priory Group for over five years full time in Sussex - in a home for young people who have a range of EBD issues and difficulties. High turn over of staff .The young people were always well looked after and all their needs met ..however the staff were not looked after. Staff often unsupported , over - criticised - often in front of other staff and in team meetings. Hope this stops for the sake of the mental health of existing employees.

Pros

well paid

Cons

critical // undervalued

Good place to be , proud of the job we do

The team is solid , the managers have been their and done it. They give good advice and work with you to get the best for our patients. Worked for many health care companies but at least the priory and Suttons manor don't lie to us . It's a tough job but so rewarding. Supportive managers, I have been developed and had two pay rises in three years. If you have skills they will support you.

Pros

Development. Feel respected. My opinion counts

Cons

Tough job with shift work

priory

My typical day at work involves getting residents up washed and dressed. Making sure that the residents are having fun i.e go for walks, bus trip and days out. The hardest part is that the management do not do much to support the care workers with any problems within the work place. i have learnt that working in a team gives the best support to residents. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i love to see the residents smile and laugh. i feel real pride to know that we are making their lives better.

Cons

long hours, low pay, little support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Priory Group with

Learn about Priory Group in popular locations

• Priory Group
  • Care Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?