Priory Group

Priory Group Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant105 reviews
United Kingdom105 reviews

userwardcqcbehaviourrubbishrotasupportstaff

Great residents Poor management !!!!!

Pay is rubbish Management don’t listen to their senior staff or nurses. No incentive or extra pay 4 night workNot enough staff on duty to look after the residents

Pros

Residents

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed working alongside your team and those you support. If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us

Don’t, it’s not worth the little money paid

Awful place to work. Terrible management and poor staff workers to, can never have more then 1 day off without being called in to do a shift for someone else who’s already had 4 days off

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Insights into Priory Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Lovely team members!❤️

Great team members all caring and supportive of one another ❤️❤️ Would definitely recommend working for the priory! Join the childrens unit! Its amazing❤️❤️

16 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Poorly managed

Under paid over worked Never enough staffManagement poor Let down staff and residents alike Change over fron day to night staff never on time Always finished late even though expected to arrive 15 minutes before shift for hand over

16 August 2022

Terrible place to work.

Pay is low. Under appreciated by management. No recognition for the positive things you do but the negatives are always brought up in group supervision affecting staff morale. The manager is self centred and cliquey with a stinking attitude. Concerns are not taken seriously and confidential conversations with the manager are openly discussed with others. Terrible place to work.

6 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Very productive work place

Offering great supports, with diverse range of productive experts supporting patients.A fast growing organisation, with opportunities for progression.

6 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel that we are making a difference for our patients. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Cold and thoughtless management

No respect or role in decision making, constantly undervalued, no interest from senior managers in caring for patients, only in the company image, always hearing how expensive it is to hire agency staff but core staff are never treated with any interest or care so what do they expect when they leave? Really poor practice going on, but speaking up will only get you into trouble. Managers claim to want the hospital to improve, but don't want to tackle any actual problems, just do some renovation. No interest in looking at problems, challenging patients are not understood, but blamed, not enough relevant training, loads of other issues.

Pros

Lots of good support workers, some good nurses, and feeling that you helped make a small difference to the patients.

Cons

Lots - management, company culture, poor practice, no respect, etc.

6 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Great Job/ Training made unbearable by other Health care assistance.

This job was perfect for me! I really enjoyed the job itself.However, this was sadly ruined by the fact that the existing staff (Hca's particularly) DO NOT like new staff. I have never been treated in such a cold, passive-aggressive manner by anyone in my life, and it seemed to be that small groups of individuals effectively set out to make people so uncomfortable that the job becomes unbearable and they leave. It was shocking to see the way they treated people, as it's something I have never experienced before or since, just pure nastiness!I was placed on Hazlewood ward and frankly, the management was great, very supportive and lovely, they just had no control over the long-standing staff members that have become a little too comfortable. I was so disappointed that I couldn't stick it out, as I believe I would have made a great addition to the ward, but the toxic work environment made it impossible.

Stressful

It can get quite repetitive and stressful, however, if you love helping people then it is worth it. Low pay though and not much room for job progression.

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside the people you supported and that you found this rewarding. We wish you all the best in your future career.

awful management, unsafe environment, do not work here

terrible untrustworthy uncaring colleagues and managers, don't listen to or care about the service users/brush them aside, very school playground like clique behaviour, pay nowhere near matches the hours or what work is expected....:avoid at all costs

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Very undervalued as Health Care Assistant

The hospital at Preston could be so much better than it is. Staff turnover is frequent. Agency workers, some are good others fail to engage with service users and have language issues.Management claim that they care about employees but are often quick to tell you how undervalued you are. Majority of staff are helpful and supportive but a handful can be seen as bullies and nothing is done about their conduct towards others.

Pros

Free parking. Meal per shift.

Cons

Long hours. Staff often burnt out.

11 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Under paid overworked. Management clicks and bad business ethic

Overworked and underpaid management have a click and if you’re not in that click you may as well consider your job gone. Patient care is never at the forefront of Priory‘s gain. It’s all about the money. There were never any staff which left the wards and patients vulnerable to harm. Some members of staff were witnessed speaking to patients in a derogatory and disrespectful tone when challnaged manage my swept all of this under the carpet. Staff were sly and would speak only about you behind your back and have nothing to say when you question them. And if you overstep by questioning the nurses or managers decisions you were disciplined for it even if it was in the best interest of the patient. The money was abysmal and I would recommend no one to work for the Priory group. Patient centred was a lie all they care about is profit. Management are nothing but bullies and will see you replaced at the drop of a hat as in their eyes you were dispensable.

11 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com or call our confidential whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Rewarding work

Rewarding job to do however the shifts are long, often on nights there is no break, and on 12hour shift that's hard. Alot of work for 2 people on a night shift. However the people are great. Secure job always shifts going.

7 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your team. If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Fun workplace

Great place of work. Management always helped out. The hoirs were long but very enjoyable place to work at all times.con- unpaid breaks but didn’t actually take breaks.

Pros

Good staff

7 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your role during your time with Priory. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Profit before Patients

Witnessed money being the only priority of the service. Reliant on agency, not taking feedback onboard, communication is terrible. Sink or swim ideology luckily, I could swim but staff were the main things trying to impede me.I would say that it is a knock on affect from burnout, low morale and disregard of staff.

Interesting

Lots of opportunities to progress and chances to work like lots of different people to get an insight into their job role. It is hard work but extremely rewarding overall

Pros

Colleagues

7 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role alongside your team. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Shocking

Management are a joke, they get swapped around wards when staff complain about them so the higher management don’t have to deal with it. Nurses are just as bad. For a medium secure, no matter how many concerns you bring up to management, they will brush it off, far from a good workplace, there’s no support or security for health care workers. If you have an issue with any member of staff and you try to resolve it between you, you will get questioned on your choice of working there, by management. The wards are so low on staff, they’re working on skeleton crew, but still moving staff around. The place is a joke. Should not be able to carry on.Only good part about the job and the two members of staff that train you, ready to go onto the wards. They can’t do enough for you.

Pros

Free food Good training staff

Cons

Long hours, Lucky to get a break, No staff, Management are a joke, HR staff are up themselves, Staff are clicky, Nurses and management group together and make the health care workers feel like rubbish, Health care workers are expected to do all the work

Supporting vulnerable people

You have the opportunity to make an impact/difference in someone’s life ..The job is what you make it stressful at times but fun and very rewarding at all times

Pros

Free food on days, beautiful scenery, excellent supportive colleagues

Cons

Long hours, repeating yourself at times, unorganised

10 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role making a difference to the individuals you support. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Just dont work here

Staff are rude and unwelcoming to newer comers. Management dont care. Patients assault staff and staff are blamed. Pay is not enough for what you have to do and deal with

19 January 2022

Awful

Higher management would visit the home and scream in staffs face !! Awful company all management treated staff and residents as if you were something they had stepped in

Pros

Cons

Residents and staff

4 January 2022

Very Dangerous

Very low staff and low morale. Staff will go shift after shift without breaks even toilet breaks felt ill when finished my shift most days due to low fluid intake would not recommend working her for your own mental and physical health.

Pros

Some very supportive but overworked staff.

Cons

Stressful and draining

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email JayneStutt@priorygroup.com.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Priory Group with

Learn about Priory Group in popular locations

• Priory Group
  • Healthcare Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?