Priory Group

Registered Nurse21 reviews
United Kingdom21 reviews

userwardcqcbehaviourrubbishrotasupportstaff

Very unsupportive

There are few ok wards but generally it's all about money to the directors & management, it doesnt really have best interest of patients, nor of their staff members. No support for staff, poor working environment due to regular staff shortage

7 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com or call our confidential whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Not all that it appears to be

A typical day working for Priory Adult Care is not easy. Usually there is serious staff shortages. The days are disorganized. Communication day to day and overall is more or less non-existent. Management overall do not care and are quick and keen to lay blame elsewhere. Senior managers cover for inept junior managers. If you try to voice an opinion or complain or raise a grievance, then that goes against you. It is a blame-based culture. Senior managers have no respect for more junior staff. The most senior management seem totally oblivious to what is what within the organization.

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

Long exhausting hours and the more you give the more they take

16 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email LauraWilson@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Insights into Priory Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Don’t do it

No support from management, unsafe numbers on wards.Patients moved during the night, including young adults and from long distances.Company only interested in filling beds and accepts inappropriate referrals.

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Long hours, unpaid break

6 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email AdrianaMurray@priorygroup.com. You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Not a bad place to work

I have worked there since 2018. The management are helpful and approachable, staff very nice and supportive. The workload is not too much. Birthdays off and gift vouchers at Xmas.

Pros

Free food, back up from staff and managers, a nice environment to work.

Cons

The pay is average, company pays only 3% into your pension, don`t get paid for meal breaks.

19 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Much better than other private companies

Supportive management,plenty of equipment,unfortunately hrly rate is poor,and training for computer system needs vastly improving to meet needs of some staff members.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Paid for 12 hrs

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role at Priory and feel supported by your management team. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with us.

Huge Staff Turnover

New Manager said after arrival that she “ was only there to make money for Priory Group”. Very unprofessional talking to staff undermining other staff behind their backs. Made it clear staff were expendable commodities and that agency staff would be cheaper. Having been with company for under 9 years, loyalty counts for nothing. Service users were great, each one them.

Pros

Service Users great

Cons

Toxic working environment and management

25 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

AVOID!! I cant stress this enough...

If you value your PIN, sanity, and mental health then DO NOT step foot in this dangerous hole! Referring to the Arnold Priory but I'm in no doubt that they're all soul-sapping torture chambers!This is coming from a very strong and resilient person.....its truly beyond awful! I've never known anything quite like it; completely unreal and untenable. It baffles me how the Priory are allowed to operate!

Pros

None!!

Cons

Everything!

Avoid. The worst company to work for

I worked at Ellingham Hospital. Nasty managers, the Operations Director is a raging alcoholic who sleeps with staff. There was manager there who lied a lot causing staff to feel unsupported and when reported to the ever changing SMT, they ignored any concerns. They reopened and changed name but the place is racist and unwelcoming. There were a couple of managers there who were very supportive but got overshadowed by the absolute devastating abuse from the company

Pros

Cons

Too many

27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may begin to investigate further, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us

At the interview they made me feel confident.

Priory is an excellent organisation that cares about their staff by providing good training and career progression. CQC reports 87% of their sites are good or outstanding compared with 78% in the NHS or other independent providers. Priory has a strong track record of delivering high quality care, treatment and education.

1 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role with us and approve of the training and development opportunities available to all of our colleagues.We wish you all the best as you continue to develop a long lasting career with Priory in a role that you love.

Fantastic place

I loved working for the Priory I learnt so much and developed in my role. It was varied and interesting and you are really able to make changes. Management listen and are approachable.

5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your previous role at Priory and that you approved of the development opportunities available. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Started well but then went downhill

Started off well and it was a fantastic team with fantastic senior management. Then senior management changed and it went wrong. It suddenly became a blame culture, short staffed and senior management ignoring the nurses and admitting patients not suited to the ward. Worked long hours without breaks as no staff to cover them. On constant 1:1 observations due to unsuitable patients being admitted. Ward constantly unsafe and under staffed. Never left on time due to this. always and constantly exhausted.

Pros

Had a fantastic team

Cons

Long hours, bullying management

17 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further, please email KatieGent@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Lovely nursing home with people who care

Good team work Friendly management Caring atmosphere Free parking Supportive place to be a staff member Definitely recommend it to Carers and Nurses. Lovely nursing home

Pros

People

Cons

No paid breaks

10 June 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your time so far with Priory.It's great to hear that you feel supported by your team and managers. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with us and work in a role that you enjoy.Kind regards,Holly Baxter

Priory Group - Carlingford Lodge, Warrenpoint - Terrible Place

Calingford Lodge cannot keep their nursing staff because they leave soon after starting as it is so awful to work there and as a consequence there are many different agency staff seen there. Management are clueless and bullies, they don't care about staff or residents, they just want the fees and rarely show their faces as they are tucked away in their offices. They care more about saving money and trying to get a bonus than prroviding a caring living environment for residents. Don't be fooled by pictures on the wall showing happy residents involved in activities. Most of the time they are so bored and lonely their dementia rapidly advances to a far worse state and staff are overrun with so many duties there isn't any quality time to share with residents. Some of the residents were often heard saying 'When am I going to get out of this dump?' Staff are told to do online training which you must complete during your precious free time as there is no time to do the 28 modules at work. Do yourself a favour and stay away from Carlingford Lodge (Priory Group) at Warrenpoint.

Pros

Cons

Awful place to work

Great experience as a qualified mental health nurse

The Ayr clinic used to be PiC but is now Priory Group. Working at the Ayr Clinic for me has been a great experience. I feel I need to write after reading previous reviews, albeit this is my experience, but to be fair on the teams as a whole I feel I need to share my views. As any mental health environment can bring it's challenges, particularly a secure service. Having a number of years experience in mental health I thoroughly enjoy working at the clinic as a mental health professional I am able to develop my nursing skills and knowledge which in turn allows development in best practice. (the clinic has won awards) being able to work with patients through their recovery brings satisfaction and fulfilment into the good work that the teams deliver. The management team are visible and approachable. there was a change in management a few years ago which brought positive changes to the clinic. Staff enjoy working at the clinic and there is good team working. some staff may not settle in as it can be a challenging and acute environment, but not everyone is cut out for working with acute patients. we are specialised in working in this environment and given training to update and maintain skills. Sometimes it can be difficult due to clinical changes on the wards and staffing needs to be increased, staff all help out to support each other and OT and bank shifts are offered. Enhanced rates for OT and paid training. All meals are provided which save me a small fortune in my weekly shop:) we eat with patients, this time is less formal and patients enjoy it. Breaks can be taken throughout -

Pros

Job satisfaction. Good team work- including all departments, visible and approachable management team. Opportunities for development, staff benefits, free parking, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) pleasant working environment

Cons

No cons - I understand it may bring challenges, but I thrive as it allows me to develop as a nurse

Greedy company, only interested in 'bums on beds'.

Un approachable senior managers, recruited this was by no accident. Forcing staff to accept dangerous referrals, then refusing to pay staff for work related injuries. Increase in safeguarding due to in appropriate admissions. Hang on to patients when NHS would discharge. Rude HR staff, again, no accident. Bullying managers get promotions, empathetic management are pushed out. Constant issues with staffing levels and constantly not abiding by guidelines regarding staffing levels for differing services. PURE GREED!!

Pros

It used to be brilliant before Priory took over

Cons

Priory are very greedy

Stressful and unappreciated

The job can be hard but also rewarding. But the management are quick to pull you up on thing which haven't been done or aren't done correctly with no acknowledgement of how difficult it has been on the ward. There's a blame culture and the management will not admit when it's wrong! The team is so demoralised from being beaten down that staff are leaving in their droves. It was a nice place to work despite being very poorly paid but not any more

Pros

Reliable colleagues

Cons

Unappreciative management

Lack of support

A good place to work - good pay and benefits. However, generally left to run the ward with a lack of management support. More support required especially in the medium secure units.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long shifts that don't always end on time for the qualified staff.

Good Place to work

I Started at Abbey House as a student nurse and I enjoyed my placement so much I then went on the bank as a CSW after I qualified as a RUN I was offered a full time post. I worked there for 3 years I have now moved on out of the area and I had to leave my job. Over all I very much enjoyed my work at Abbey House and I felt supported by senior staff. The teams works well for the good of the patients.i wish Abbey House and all the staff well.Great place to work. Staff Nurse RMN.

Pros

Supervision.parking.free food.

Cons

Long hours .but thats nursing for you.

Managment are not suppportive in any way !!!!

Worked for priory for nearly four years everyday was a living nightmare. Staff work so hard and don't even get a thankyou Don't even consider working here no time to offer any time with the residents and give them all aspects of care that they truly deserve.

Pros

Getting paid

Cons

Not ever getting a break

Discrimition

Horrible place to work No salary benefits, not flexible on working hours as advertised No job related benefits or training courses, everything learnt was at my own expense

I have worked with some very caring individuals.

Beautiful Home very high standard in appearance and facilities. Have worked with some bright and lovely people. Working at night time can be tiring and physically demanding. It can be very sad to lose clients you have cared for.

Pros

Having been employed in various care areas for some time, I would like a change of career and to try something new.

Cons

Long Hours and often very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Priory Group with

Learn about Priory Group in popular locations

• Priory Group
  • Registered Nurse
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?