Priory Group

Support Worker401 reviews
United Kingdom401 reviews

userwardcqcbehaviourrubbishrotasupportstaff

Ok to work for

They are ok to work for. Some enhncements for doing overtime and working bank holidays. Work / life balance quite tricky. Good amount of annual leave each year.

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Bada Management

Not a very nice place to work. I've seen prisons better managed than this place.Manager never seems to be around, new staff are left to support service users with no training. Alot of unprofessional gossiping goes on by shift leaders. Made to feel very unwelcome, and there is a definite click within management and some of the staff.

Pros

Cons

Badly Managed

Insights into Priory Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Avoid at all costs

Where to start? If you're into being over worked, under appreciated and not being paid the wages you've earned then this is the employer for you. Worked through covid not taking holiday, then told it couldn't be taken before the end of the year and wouldn't be paid for it. The senior support staff were lovely as were colleagues, but people soon get fed up of the treatment and move on to better things. People we supported were amazing but deserve so much better than this company provides. Given the cheapest of everything so the company makes more money. Individual homes aren't the issue, the company itself is. All about profiteering not about caring. Worst company I've ever worked for.

Bad management

Management very poor. Micro managing rude and on a power trip. No support just negative towards hard working staff.👎🏻The food is awful cheap, The inside interior is grotty. Everything is outdated. Staff not safe and not appreciated

Pros

Cons

Unappreciated, The building is dirty and outdated. Cheap cheap

Poor company

Unsupported staff and managers and if there is ever an incident mangers will lock themselves inside the office Support workers are not backed up and team leaders are rude and toxic Was told I cared to much when I left which I don't understand as that's your job

It’s alright…

Like every work place, priory has its good days and it’s bad days.It all depends on yourself how you deal with the challenges you face day in and day out. People complain about management but isn’t it down to the individual to speak up if you aren’t happy?I’ve never personally experienced any issues when I’ve needed to speak to management and have always felt supported and encouraged to do so. I would recommend the priory group for anyone looking at a career in mental health. The wage could do with being increased for the work support workers do, but everyone knows if your looking for big wages, any care role is not the job for you.

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Relationship with colleagues and the feedback from patients when they are gone home 💯

They respect culture and values no matter who you are and where you come from.The job security and salary benefit, life balance. Is great opportunity for me

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and feel supported in your current position. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Productive and learning workplace

There were so much desired to learn in priory. I was able to undergo REDUCING RESTRICTIVE INTERVENTION TRAINING (RRIT) which is equivalent to MPVA Training. This as shaped my skill as a Support Worker.

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your role and approve of the learning opportunities available. We wish you all the best as you continue to develop your career with Priory.

Bullying Clique Culture

Typical day at wigginton cottage involves constant gossiping about staff on the floor from seniors. I have learned you can't trust anyone, seniors tell everyone your business. The manager is hardly ever there. Staff are made to do activities with service users that make them feel very uncomfortable and even cause staff to cry. the hardest part about the job is trying to keep your mental health stable from the constant bullying. The only thing i found enjoyable was supporting the service users.

18 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com. ¬You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

fun place to work staff very friendly

working day was exciting, loved the clients, loved the variation of activities we had done on a daily basis.the staff made the work place an enjoyable family type atmosphere, enjoyed and looked forward to going into work daily, if on a day or night shift, was happy to do overtime

18 November 2022

Productive and fun place to work

Very lovely and conductive environment to workThe staffs are very friendly and accomada tingResidences are lovely people as wellI recommend river house as one of the best place to work

Relaxed work oriented environment

Attention to details for Service users and Staffing Comfortability.Found the work space full of ambience and relaxing.Management seems to be on top of everything. Would highly recommend.

23 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoy working alongside your colleagues and approved of the learning opportunities available. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Good opportunities and self improvement

There was a proactive culture, strong teamwork ethic good training and qualification opportunities and encouragement for self improvement.I worked in the school and residential settings and really loved the school setting

23 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and approved of the learning opportunities available. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Horrific

Awful pay, awful atmosphere, no support. Only interested in keeping high value residents even though they cant fulfil the terms of the package. avoid at all costs

23 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory. If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may begin to investigate further, please email molliewilson@priorygroup.com. ¬You can also call our confidential whistleblowing service on 0800 484 0816.Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us

Unsupportive management

Horrible place to work.Staff turnover highPoorly trained and inexperienced staff.Poor standards or careResidents unfulfilled Booking shifts is easy because there is t enough staff so you can have what you want.Management barely left their office even when resident was in crisis and low staff levels

Pros

Food

Cons

Everything else

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like to offer more information about your concerns so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email LauraWilson@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Conquest Lodge March Review

I briefly worked here back in September-October 2021. The deputy manager at that time was acting manager and was very knowledgeable, fair, kind and supportive to me - especially as it was my return to full time work after bereavement(s). A young staff team with some really excellent and dedicated individuals who went above and beyond in their roles. The work itself was challenging and stressful at times but support was always on hand and the culture of the place was very open door. Communication was an area the team worked tirelessly on and the customer group were a mixture of complex needs/ learning disabled and mental health need. My place of work would be somewhere I would recommend to others.

Pros

Good support, training, opportunity for advancement.

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working alongside your colleagues and felt supported in your role. We wish you all the best in your future career.

No support from management.

Awful, no support from management. Job description was way off what it actually was. Wouldn’t wish the stress i endured in there on anyone. Pay was unfair.

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email RebeccaWhelan@priorygroup.com Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Communal relationship at work. It is a place where there is a synergy of people with different skill set.

Working at priory is a great experience for me as it give me the chance to explore practically what I have learn and the hospital always give training to their new worker and existing workers on updated working ethics and pmva skills which are done freely and put their worker in a gainful employment experiences

16 September 2022

If you stick up for yourself you’re pushed out

Management is awful. Job advancement taken away from you and then blamed on situations happening in person life but will try make it sound positive. False promises of enhancement for overtime

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Clique

16 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.If you would like to offer more information about your experience so that we may find out which site you are referring to, please email LauraWilson@priorygroup.comPlease be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

Not good

Very clicky staff, lazy staff always on their phones. Would not recommend working here to anyone. Staff very unwelcoming to new staff and the majority of the work falls onto certain staff while the incrowd sit around

16 August 2022

So so company to work for staff rule too much

Very click atmosphere, new ideas am thrown out more about what the staff want rather than what the service users require. Along as they can sit about watching TV and their soaps then the staff am happy

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

Staff team

16 August 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement