Priory Medical Group

Priory Medical Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews

medicalsupportivesupportpoorteamfeelpatientstaff

Teamwork and support

I've worked at Priory medical Group for nearly 7 years, 4 1/2 years as a Medical Receptionist and 2 1/2 years as Surgery Co-ordinator. The skills I learnt, the patients I helped and the team I worked along side from the beginning encouraged me to want to progress within this company. From the clinical to non-clinical teams we have joint appreciation for each other, we all work together to do the best for our patients. - Mutual respect, catch ups over coffee and lots of laughs help along the way! Every day is varied and some days harder than others, having a good support network is key and a valuable one. Having 9 surgeries you always have someone on the end of a phone who will happily advise/help if necessary. PMG has had to adapt at short notice due to the pandemic and although faced with lots of challenges the strength of the teams has shone through. - I wouldn't have wanted to work anywhere else during this difficult time. I find myself in a lucky position, enjoying a job that I can see a future in for many years to come.

Excellent Culture and People

Very Supportive and Friendly place to work.The work is varied and no two days are the same.People are happy to help and listen to your ideas and there is a real appetite for good change.

Pros

People

Insights into Priory Medical Group

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Excellent Culture and People

Pros

People

Lovely People and Culture

The work is challenging but the people are friendly and supportive and encouraging. Everyone is happy to help and will go out of the way if they can to assist you in your work

Friendly colleagues

This company has gotten me to where I want to be over my time with them. I had every bit of support from management and colleagues and for that I will always be grateful. I wouldn’t have left this company of it wasn’t for living to far out to commute.

Friendly place to work where we work hard but have fun.

Working for Priory as a receptionist is a great job if you like helping people. Working for the NHS is tough and you don't get highly paid but I have chosen to stay because I have fantastic support from my manager and there is a great team spirit. Staff at every level work together and we get a lot of appreciation from management including treats like ice cream van visits, Easter eggs, vouchers and more! It is great when someone comes in worried and stressed and you are able to sort things out for them. So if you want a job where you can make a difference and feel like part of a team then this is for you.

Most worse paid healthcare in the industry

Free meals- free parkingThats about the benefits taken care of.Zero staff, staff are v poorly paid.Health-care are on minimum wage.I've worked on the wards with just me as the sole healthcare. Dangerously low staffing. Especially as you are working with mentally unstable patients.

Rewarding

Having spent over 20 years in the retail sector I had no medical experience when I started at Priory. I also started at the beginning of the pandemic which wasn't ideal. However, I've had multiple channels of support from both the team I manage and the team that manage me. Every day I learn something new and every day I feel like I belong in my job. There have been tough moments but there's always a friendly face/shoulder to support you through. I feel honoured and proud to work for a forward thinking GP practice who want to achieve the best for their patients. I'm proud of both the team I manage and the people I work with. Previous reviews state reception team leaders are just promoted from receptionists...Not true. I had over 15 years of management experience before I joined as a surgery manager. I'd tell you my team are the best but the reality is all the teams are fantastic. We're all a sociable bunch and focus on the team work. A typical day for me can be hectic, fast paced, challenging, rewarding and fun. I've learned all sorts of medical terminology, how to use NHS systems, and how to empathise with patients who simply want help. The hardest part of my job can be dealing with the public simply because not all stories are positive ones. Some days are hard, patient attitudes can be difficult but we always try our best to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team. From one site to another we all chip in. All team members are valued, from the receptionists to the GP's and partners. Everyone is approachable and friendly. A job is what you -

Challenging but supported

No two days are ever the same at Priory. From the moment you start you're learning something new all the time. It's challenging but highly rewarding. The team around you are lovely. Management highly supportive and always find nice ways to show you're appreciated. There's a helping nature culture of trust. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with disgruntled patients but there's always somebody around to help support you. I thoroughly loved working for Priory.

I feel appreciated at my workplace.

Professional, rewarding and a nice place to work. I feel part of the team and valued as a team member. We get together as a team during lunchtime and go out for dinners socially. Friendly workplace.

Great supportive place to work

What a great place to work. Lovely colleagues and a very supportive environment. Highly recommend working here. Great induction and support once in the role. As a clinician, lots of support in place to help with working day such as admin and a prescribing team. Lots of Allied Health Professionals too which make for a great team environment.

Pros

Free coffee/tea biscuits, great staff welfare approach

Cons

Priory People are the BEST!

I started at PMG in 2017 as a Medical Receptionist and loved it from the start! Everyone I met and worked alongside were lovely, friendly and welcoming. I was supported via my Team Leader to learning and progression and within a year I was promoted to a Team Leader myself. I left the company just before lockdown to pursue another career I wanted to try....but.....in just over a year I was back at Priory! I am back as a Receptionist and loving being back. Yes the job can be stressful at times, some people aren't the nicest to us on the frontline and if you read the papers, most Medical Receptionists will tell you the exact same thing.

Supportive and enjoyable workplace

Great environment to work in. Supportive staff, great teamwork approach, Approachable management and quick to listen/resolve any queries. Would recommend working for this dynamic, forward thinking practice!

Great inclusive place to work. Wouldn't be anywhere else.

Love working at Priory.Great team spirit.Everyone helpful.Good and safe processes in place.Management very supportive, fair and approachable.Able to feedback and feel listened to.Always leading innovative developments.

Pros

Team work, safe working environment, well looked after

Cons

Helpful and safe place to work

I would recommend working at Priory medical group. I started in 2015, left for a job closer to home, didn't like it, came back to PMG. The team do work well together from the management to the cleaners. Everyone, despite the unprecedented times we found ourselves in within the last two years. Everyone pulled together to make it work. It is a safe environment to work in and there is some flexibility to balance home/work life. The management and HR are approachable and helpful. I'd recommend working here.

Pros

Easter eggs and laughter

Happy working environment, nice place to work

Really enjoy working here, people are lovely and they really care about the work they do. A nice atmosphere and lots of people who enjoy working here.

Pros

Nice place to work

Innovative Practice with great culture

Love working here. Great team approach. Satisfying job with variety in daily job- never bored! Fun social calendar at every site- with Easter Eggs, Christmas Advent Calendars.

Pros

Tea/Coffee, Great Team.

Worst place to work in my 25 year career history to date

In the admin dept, you must not arrive late, but also not too early. You must not eat at your desk, but also not take too many breaks. You must not talk, but also be a team member. You must not wear non business clothes, but also get by on min wage. Honestly the list of do this, not that was endless and weird. At Christmas you're allowed 1 days holiday, but the dept manager took 2 weeks. The HR team were non supportive, management were a joke. Staff were so worn down it was hostile. I spent more days in tears there than at any other point in life. To get by you need to go along with management, if you didn't they would have lengthy hr meetings, then march that member of staff out the door in a way to intimidate! If they had a management shake up this would all change, they had many staff in admin that were really good, but either let them go or drove them out. The work is hard, intense and boring. The support is non existing, constant demands to do better and faster. Worst working experience I've ever had.

Stressful, disorganised and unkind

Having worked in the Med Admin Team at Priory for just shy of 2 years, I can safely say that I found the role itself incredibly interesting. The workload was varied and engaging; something which I very much enjoyed. My colleagues were also very friendly, supportive and kind. Sadly, management significantly lacks in several vital areas which means that my overall time at Priory was something rather negative.- I found Priory’s workplace approach to staff wellbeing and mental health very poor, which was I was very surprised at from a GP surgery. - The Med Admin Team has the highest staff turnover I have ever seen in a workplace; I assume that this is due to the negative and unsupportive atmosphere caused by managements significant lack of due diligence. - There is a significant amount of stress piled onto staff by management, due to their obsessive focus on figures and statistics, rather than focussing the staff themselves.- Overtime was frequently expected from myself and my team; however, this was not met with praise or thanks, but usually by a negative remark or email about the large workload that we were trying our hardest to shift. - The wage does not reflect the role.

Negative

People are nice but management haven’t got a clue. Unrealistic targets. Do not understand the home/ work balance. Pay is rubbish. Environment is awful. Shame because this could be a really nice place to work.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Poor pay, management

Not a great employer

Very low pay and management not responsive. Decision making a very slow process, things being postponed all the time. Most people are great but the management is shocking.

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement