Professional Security

Professional Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom155 reviews

securityprofessionaldoorcolleagueweeklyareashiftnight

Good Company to work with.

I have been working for Prosec over a year, honestly so far so good, I haven’t got much to complain about. They always have shifts for you and the managements team are excellent they always answer the call and ready to solve your problems. The wages are decent actually and they pay different wages according to where they give you shift.

Unreliable unprofessional no communication

At first everything went well until they upped my rate and didn’t pay there’s no communication between the company one says one thing and the other says another wouldn’t work for them ever again

Insights into Professional Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Fast paced but well paid

Never had a issue with payment and shifts.The only downfall is the lack of holidays with everyone being on a zero hour contract.

Constantly ring even when sick

Always zero hour contracts yet your meant to be available to them months in advance. Hard to take days off. They will have you working 80-100 hours a week if you let them push you around. Offer no travel pay if they move you last minute. No security, so if you have a house, family etc, 100% don't work for them. They don't let you progress in your career, just keep you at the bottom.Often let clients down by not obligating their request of x amount of people, putting both the guards and public at risk.

Fast paced fun work for somewhat low pay

Standard security agency, paid weekly, have always been paid on time and never found a lack of work, some sites can be challenging while others easy for the same pay rate. Can sometimes be guilt tripped into working extra days but this has only happened a couple of times. Communication can sometimes be a problem but overall really enjoying the job, even if the pay is somewhat low.

Pros

Never a lack of work, sites can be fun

Cons

Long hours, lack of communication

Pick and choose and they want to put at work

They believe the people they have contracts with but they don’t believe their own colleges also the people that work for this company lie behind your back colleges.

No support from management

Too much turnover of staff, no-shows, lack of experience etc. They hire anyone with a badge and basically expect them to know what they're doing without any help even though most have little to no experience. Management are stretched too far and can't handle the workload so it's near impossible to get support when needed. Pay average, some venues have good staff, it's all very hit and miss. If you know what you're doing and need some quick cash, it's usually easy enough, just don't expect to progress.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Good companyLots of hours available.Constantly offer you shiftsWork all over the west Midlands available Good management Get paid on time and reimbursed for security clothes you buy.

Work hard, earn money

I've been with ProSec for almost 2 1/2 years. I would full heartedly recommend them to anyone who is looking for work in the security industry. In my experience with the area managers, if you show that you can do the graft and work hard they'll treat you well. Only issue would be certain venues value money over security safety and can be somewhat clicky. But that's not the company's issue.

Not bad company

Not a bad company to work for, much worse out there! Depending on your manger you can get long hours if needed or shifts during the week, pay is always correct and if you had any issues you could ring the Head office and they would correct it

Terrible

Shocking company avoid like the plague terrible environment with awful management pay is terrible and they are always panicking about audits so yeah. Avoid like the plague

Pros

Non

Cons

Everything and definitely management

Secure job

Good company to work for , pay is average for the area and management are very helpful . Weekly pay is always on time and uniform is provided.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Unsociable hours

Good company

when it comes to payments then professional security are right there at the top. Unless you have messed up your time sheets or something of that nature then your money will always be in time and if its not then a simple email will sort the matter out. They give you a reason to enjoy your work and wont bother you if you are settled at the designated job.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

no overtime

Fun place to work

Great place to work company are really great and helpful and would definitely recommend them to everyone wages are paid on time and have many different places to work so never out of work

Bad company bad wages bad management

Low hours per week, late pay every week and poor management, left to work security in a pub on my own with 300+ people and only one doorman to just get ignored by the manager all night long.

Friendly workplace

Shift allocations is big problem and if you call them it's sure that it's not gonna resolve. Managers are very nice and friendly they always step up to help you but the only problem you will not get shift allocations with your choice one day your are team leader nex day a officer this makes you crazy rest is fine but overtime everytime available

Pros

Overtime, Weekly payment, friendly environment helpful

Flaws are minimal.

Securing a permanent location at proSec remains a challenge to work upon.But as far as I’m concerned there’s always a place for me to meet my requirements.Logistics is a consideration many times but it’s often one that we work around easier.It’s a pleasure to be a resource on the platform of ProSec.

Pros

Free lunches and supervision co-ordination.

Cons

Normal hours.

Nice and kool

Good and nice people to work with solving your problems like not get paid and others checking on you if all is ok on sit and they also pay for your Break time so you me is really good working with the professional security though I am new with them but for the past 6months I have been with them till date

Good

Professional security company is good company good management and ontime salery polices is good and talking about security guard is polite and feel is a professional security company is very good

Best job I have ever had

Great place to work.Great management team.Great colleagues.Great venues.As little or as much work as you want.Expenses paidHighly recommendedGood Pay.

Pros

Flexible

Interesting

I’ve got nothing to really comment on the management of Professional Security.Good or bad.I’ve never really met ANY of the staff, well the senior management.

Pros

I’m paid the money that I’ve being owed on a weekly basis.

Cons

More regular work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement