Professional Security
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Professional Security Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

Productive fun work place

Been with them a little over a month now received the shifts I asksed for Monday to Friday no issues also pay is fair managers always responded and fix Any issues immediately, always friendly and polite

Probably one of the worst companies you could work for

If you're getting into security work. Avoid this place at all costs. Management has been a shambles for years. Payroll dont know how to do their job and you'll be lucky if you're even paid for any shifts you do.

Insights into Professional Security

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery

Certain managers are okay, others just mess you around alot, you could end up on your own with pub managers demanding there be 2 or more of you, or could end up being over staffed on a door. Get given cold shoulder if you can't work a shift when you're not meant to be working. Alot of doorstaff leave to go to regency security. Used to be other way round.

Horrific company to work, no sign of pay

Do not give this company your details.Before I even started my first shift I was getting phone calls every day asking me to work at different locations. They seemed to struggle to get it into their heads that I already worked full time and I wouldn't be available for them at a click of the fingers.Roll on the first (and only shift) I did with this 'company'. Both myself and my colleague weren't informed of the start time of the shift, great start. With no support from management, we barely got through the rest of the shift.I was told it was fortnightly pay, how wrong was I. I worked this shift on the 26th November 2021 and I'm still yet to see any money in my account. They have been made aware of this and then have the cheek to ask me to work again.I recommend not working for this company, stay away.

nice Job

Just do the work and you'll be left alone, professional work is rewarded with jobs jobs jobs, and you can make serious money but no free time for social, which is the same all over in these jobs,

Poor management and lack of progression.

I worked for Professional Security for just under a year, unfortunately when the management structure changed it became a very toxic work environment. Management are very clicky, and if your face doesn't fit then you will be cast aside. The hours are unsociable, particular members of management only got to where they are because of who they know, not out of experience. The individual 'in charge' of Solutions spends more time hoovering and polishing his car outside than he does actually doing any work. Don't do it to yourself, incredibly unprofessional which is ironic considering the name of the business.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, unsociable, terrible management.

Productive and Fun Work Place

Excellent company to work within Manchester area-Suitable for weekend workers mostly part timers as of nature of venues-Easy going management-Good Pay Rate-Local venues-🙂

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Weekend Work

The name is just professional but nothing professional there

Poor pay. Payroll have no clue on tax rates, they add administration fees on every weekly pay. Just the name is professional but nothing in reality.No uniform provided for winter outdoor shifts. Poor response from operations, area manager for any employee, pay issues.Over all below average company.

all I can say is A+

they are understanding and don't judge people, I've enjoyed my shift's while I was working for them, I say was back I had back surgery in 2020 also staff on duty make you comfy while at work.

Pros

understanding nice hourly rate weekly pay.

Cons

none.

If your face doesn't fit you get shoved to the side and forgotten about

New management took over and the place became horrible to work. Only one manager had your back but if your face didn't fit then you was shoved to the side and forgotten about. Poor salary for what you do there.

Pros

Finishing at 5 and having weekends off

Cons

Everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Professional Security?

Great Company, very flexible. Your satisfaction definitely depends on your Area Manager.

The flexibility that Professional Security provide is excellent: but you have to be creative when it comes to getting enough hours to make it. Area Managers to tend to grind you down moneywise.There are good and bad ones.

Pros

Good wages and the ability to work different shifts and different sites.

Cons

None really, a very positive experience.

Would never work for professional ever again

The managers Offer to fight you instead of paying what was agreed would never work for these again they underpay they tell lies they play there guards off against each other

Pros

Cons

Under paid treated like idiots

Productive and delivers

I have worked with this company for almost two years. They don't like paying holiday fees, didn't get paid last year and I have been battling for this year's pay for five weeks now. Even with me having COVID they all call me for work not my well being.

Worst security company to work for

Was unfairly dismissed because I couldn't work 16 hours in one shift. Was made to feel guilty if I didn't do overtime work. No proper training. No proper uniform.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

No induction training. Manager makes you feel guilty

Great company

They have a lot of venues and work options. You feel like you are part of the team from day one. The pay rate per hour gets better with every year and on top of everything you have a job contract.

Awful to work with in London

Specific venue team in London I worked with was awful can’t comment out of London or around but lose your job cos you disagree with management & then they lie fail to give you adequate venue safety information & never supplied am thing like a coat but refused to allow you to wear your own only after refusing to work when short staffed coat was supplied

supportive

good supportive team, managers are always on hand to resolve any staff members queries, wages are paid on time and the working conditions are good with suitable materials and induction given.

Pros

support

Cons

limited shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Professional Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement