Progress Care Solutions
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Progress Care Solutions: 27 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

If you value your mental & physical health forget this place. Staff think they run the service not the management.

The staff think they run the service. Management nice but useless!No backbone!Clients are great though. Place needs a shake up otherwise the place itself not to bad. Expect bitchiness no true friendships are made unless your face fits!

Pros

Lovely clientele

Cons

Lazy, sneaky two faced staff and expect to be bullied!

10 March 2022
We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you feel that your time with Progress was not all positive. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further if you would wish to contact us directly.

Lovely environment

The young people always come first and receive the best care despite the modern constraints on money. There is plenty of opportunities to progress but like with all care the hours can be numerous and anti social

Insights into Progress Care Solutions

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment

Never listen to your concerns

If you had a concern and took to management it was never looked at! When I had my interview I was told that it would work around my other commitments but it never was. Very clicky too

Pros

Service user

Cons

Long hours, no staff

Very good place of work, I enjoyed my time working with the in house management and team but the company not so much.

The team I worked with were without a doubt one of the most caring bunch of people that I have worked with not just for the service users but for each other. And the environment was amazing because of these people. But as a company it seems that they are money grabbers especially all of the so called managers that they have running the company who it seems are more interested in how to they can profit there way up the ladder than providing care, turning up to inspect (bully) in there expensive cars and there Louis Vuitton handbags. They come in and drain the life out of the place and then leave which I understand is there job, but when they don't seem to know how to run the head office properly how can they comment on the in-house management who are doing the most wonderful job to ensure everything is running fine.

Pros

In-house management brilliant. Helping make a difference to lives.

Cons

Head office management terrible, Same as every care company paying the higher salaries to the wrong people.

10 March 2022
Thank for your feedback and am pleased that you found the team supportive and had a positive experience working for Progress, it is heartening to hear that the companies’ strong values are felt through our services. Progress works hard to help its staff and young people develop and progress their careers and to help them achieve the things that are important to them and gives these opportunities to all. Progress’ focus is ensuring that our young people have positive life experiences, and this includes making sure they have the things they want and need. We are disappointed that you feel that your time with Progress was not all positive. We would be happy to discuss your concerns further if you would wish to contact us directly and feel that this was not addressed during the leaving process.

Great Team let down by Management and team leaders

The team were committed to supporting the children and would work long hours when short-staffed. There was no appreciation from management, they expected you to work long shifts which also meant you would have no break or time to calm when stressed. More you did the more expectations was put on you.

Pros

Free dinner

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, missing shifts on wage sheet, difficult to book annual leave.

Children worker very stressful

The staff have their own ideas how Henley House is run. No true leadership. The children have no structure and daily plans. The job is more babysitting then supporting the children to be active and feel they are living in a home where the staff care. The company promise to spend money on activity in the home but it never materialises.

Pros

You do get a free dinner if you work a long day. The food is good.

Cons

Long hours no breaks most of the time. Irregular supervision.

Fantastic

I’ve worked for progress for 5 years - the home I work in is amazing, staff and management are so supportive. I absolutely love my job :) The young children I’ve supported over the years have been a pleasure to look after, at times it does get really stressful but as long as your organised and commitment you can achieve anything.

Pros

The young children

Cons

Long weekends

Productive and challenging

Progress is a very good place to work not everyday is the same each day brings a new challenge if you like a challenge then apply for one of the advertised jobs and take on your new journey

Pros

Free evening meal if in residential setting good shift patterns

Cons

None i can think of

Caring, kind work place

All staff great, love their jobs and roles.I have learnt so much from children just being with them. Phenomenal place to be, enhances my life immensely. Privilege to work here

Pros

Staff looked after

Cons

Short staffing levels

A Caring Company

I enjoyed my time at Progress Care. The company were supportive and proactive in giving the right tools to staff to learn and progress. The children could be challenging but mostly a pleasure to work with considering their past traumas. A family feel to the team. In the world of care a good company to work for. The company heart is in the right place.

Pros

Team Work, Staff Support

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Nightingale House - great place!

Really enjoy my job working for this company but more importantly the home. The team are great and very supportive. The manager and management team are very approachable and supportive. Always looking out for our best interests but more importantly the residents we support. You really do get a sense of belonging and work as one big team! Good hours, good ream, fun shifts and a team who works hard to help empower the residents.

Pros

Team, management, shifts, training

19 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We understand that working in social care can be challenging and that as a team it is important we all work together to support the people in our care to the best of our ability. Thank you for the support you provided to the people use our services and good luck in your new venture.

Great team and mamagement

I really enjoy working for this company - nightingale house. The management team take the time to support all of us as staff. The manager of the home goes above and beyond for all within the service staff and residents. The staff team work well together and go a great job supporting our residents. We're like one big family. You'd enjoy working here!

Pros

Good management team, great staff team, fun, flexible, outgoing and supportive team all round

19 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience with us and enjoyed being part of the team! Thank you for the support that you provided to the people who use our service and good luck in the future.

Excellent company's

Ignore these negative messages about working for progress in Derby.who ever quoted its clique this isn't true. staff humbley care about the.client group and go above and beyond . The manager is a genuine person professional who cares . Progress DERBY respect to you

Pros

Gold award investment in workforce

Cons

Nothing what so ever

19 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us at Progress and thank you to the support you provided to those who use our services. Any feedback we get only helps us to improve the services we offer to the people in our care and to the experience of our staff teams.

Severely affected my mental wellbeing

Do not work here, all happy and smiles to begin with and then once you are medication trained, you get dragged into being a shift leader whether you like it or not. Loads of meditation errors happening all the time due to poor training and staff always stressed on time. Be expected to work 15 hour shifts with no break but the company will take it off you anyway!

19 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your time within the team. We offer varying shift patterns that do include early, late, night shifts and long days. The pattern of these is led by the needs of the people that we are supporting and as a result we have to structure the staff breaks accordingly. By exception, if there was a need for staff to work over or through their break, we would ensure that the person then has a break at a later time as we recognise the need to recharge. We take all whistle blowing events seriously in order to safeguard the people in our care, working together with individuals, their families and professionals to create better outcomes. If you feel that this was not achieved then we would welcome you to contact us directly to discuss further.

Horrible

Not good place to work, would not recommend sending your children here to their residential homes, head office staff have no knowledge of the conditions the children face, head office staff are clique based and make working there horrible, do not work here

20 October 2020
Our homes are operated by highly experienced staff teams, who literally change the lives of the young people we support. We have so many amazing stories which demonstrate this and an extremely low staff turn-over. Whilst it is not necessary for the head office teams to be experts in the care of others, being experts instead in their own disciplines, they all share our dedication to our purpose and many have in fact moved from operational roles. We are disappointed to read your feedback and would welcome a proper conversation, if you would like to get in touch with us directly.

Stay away

The company lacks leadership skills.management have no support to staff.staff at wellcroft are the worst staff in the progress team . Management don't address these staff just let them.carry on. The clients are lovely to work with its just a majority of staff .

19 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience being part of the team. We recognise that all staff are different and that as a result may not always see eye to eye. If this occurs then we would support staff to communicate their opinions in a structured and professional way to ensure that each persons view point is understood. Ultimately our goal is to create a diverse team that can support the people within our care to achieve

Lovely workplace. Unfortunately, management in Coventry could use replacement.

Lovely workplace. Unfortunately, management in Coventry is totally unprofessional, does not respect professional boundaries and makes the job hard to keep. Would only recommend it to support workers with no experience and bank staff. You will find it hard to work there for more than 1 year and a half as most of the staff do and eventually give up and leave.

Excellent Progression

Progress is a lovely company to work for providing rewarding job roles within a range of caring environments. The values of Care, Respect, Trust and Progress run through all aspects of the business from how we treat our service users to how we treat each other and anyone who comes into contact with us. The organisation offers a range of training and various opportunities for staff to expand their knowledge and experience. The management are fantastic at spotting people's skills and interests, adapting the company to allow them to grow into new roles. This is a very responsive and adaptive environment which is not afraid of change and allows us to meet young people's needs in flexible ways that suit their needs.

Working at Progress

Working at Progress I have learned a lot about Young people and their needs. This has broadened my knowledge to when I first started working here. With the support of management, I have been able to complete projects to the best of my ability. The workplace culture is friendly and I find my colleagues respectful and polite forwards me. What I enjoy the most about my job is making a difference and learning more about young people and their needs.

20 October 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback. We aim where possible to deliver our company values through all aspects of the organisation and the staff are at the heart of everything we do.

Excellent place to work

I have a great support network and induction from all the staff at Progress Care to excel in my job role. My day to day role is very busy and I feel I have continued support and guidance from fellow staff and management. I have felt part of the team from day one! An excellent place to work, I highly recommend working for Progress Care.

Sorry

Working for progress was amazing with the residents but adding the staff and management into the subject then thats when thing went bad, staff would belittle you and when took to manger or depoty you was made to sit in a room with the staff memener and have a talk leaving you feeling more small then i did befor walking in

19 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Within any team there is conflict from time to time. The best way to move this forward positively is for us to communicate our views in a structured and professional way with those who do not see it from the same perspective. We are sorry that this approach did not work in this instance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progress Care Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement