Protocol

Protocol Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

Friendly staff

Just like any agency. Target driven. Often good assignments. Can fob you off sometimes and keep you hanging. Overall good experience, but at the end of the day, just another agency.

excellent team work and professional

excellent teamwork and professional Available for contact and fast at problem-solving. Do not include intermediaries such as umbrella companies and ensure that your work is supported as much as possible.

Felt part of Protocol; welcomed and supported.

Always ready and available to answer any questions and give support. Everything was explained and in detail as to what the job entailed and a little history of the establishment that I worked for explaining the culture.

Day to day not recommended

They are not a good company to work for. They promise you work but send you either miles away or if you don't have a car not offer you work. I would not recommend to anyone needing work in education

Good place

Not enough work to go around. So you may be waiting all day for work and it will not arrive. learnt a dog eat dog world, travelling all over West Yorkshire. meeting the new people.

A professional service Excellent staff who put you first

This is an excellent to work for - work streams are continuous and of high quality. I would defiantly recommend for NQTs QTS/QTLS and Managers. Their online portal is the best I have come across. It is simply 'hassle free' with tight security. Protocol = Professional, Positive, Proactive, Productive and Proper Pay Days. A Fabulous company to work for!!

Pros

will always negotiate the best fee for your skills & experience

Cons

none that I can think of

Good placement

Was sent reliably to education settings, to carry out the job for which I had applied and was prepared for. Offered support and training for me if desired.

Students great to work with

Amazing place to work. Downside was working zero hour contract. No stability for hours/pay. Staff were fine to work with. Students were great. Loved the job. Typical day was accompanying the students to whatever their agenda for the day was. Each day was different depending upon what they needed assistance with.

Pros

Use of gym

Cons

Zero contract hours

Productive, full of learning and experience

Long term contracts are in place which is a big advantage, You get to know your students, the college and culture of the place. You plan your lessons, and resources, work with other teachers and management and are trained. There is a lot of work, supply teachers are given classes where teachers have left or resigned. They are often not the good students to teach, although in every class the good students work hard. You know when a job is done well, you work hard.

Pros

long term contracts

Perfect place to start

I already knew many staff members and practised technician duties long before I got the job, this made working place a friendly and familiar. Due to outstanding staff members, i could learn a lot more and faster than ever. I had excellent supervision. I did not encounter any serious problems, because of the work system.

Good recruiting jobs

Good communication skills and friendly people, offer work for further education colleges in Liverpool, Wirral and other areas. Happy to work with them

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Not very high rate

Good place when things work right

When they get your training and work area right they are quite good at organizing work, but they can get it wrong by either sending jobs for curricula that your'e not trained for, or jobs in places that you can't get too.

People are great to work with

I really enjoy my job and I love the people I work with. Unfortunately the management do little or nothing to resolve issues when needed. I have done all I can in terms of advancement in my current role and I want somewhere I can progress.

Good to work with

Almost all contact has been done via telephones or emails though very efficient with giving me support . For me was a bit painful the experience due to part time contract, starting half way to a month and being paid a month in rears apart from that absolutely fantastic.

Pros

Quick procedure

Cons

Poor salary

Enjoyable yet driven company to work for

Promotes flexible working, fantastic working relationships and a company that strives to be the best in their sector. Specific to FE, they train you to understand the sector.

Always a new challenge

Given different assignments , job roles and places to work with in an educational setting made this role a fun and exciting challenge on a weekly scale . I could be supporting teenagers within the Princes trust one week and the following children with learning disabilities and complex needs .

Pros

Always exciting and never the same

Cons

leaving people you like working with for another work assignment

They have been supportive.

I worked at a FE college through Protocol national for the last 3 years. I completed my DTLLS training while working as both a TA and a teacher. I have met some wonderfully inspiring people both staff and students and have enjoyed working as part of a team. The hardest part of the role was also the most enjoyable. Being in a position to support young adults achieving their potential has proved to be very rewarding.

Pros

good pay rates.

Cons

Not enough security.

A good agency

A good agency who is always in contact with new and relevant job opportunities.

Pros

good pay

Cons

work temporary

Productive and Fun Place

I last worked for Protocol National back in 2012, in that time the only contact that had with the team at College House in Leeds was to be interviewed then hold a number of telephone conversations, in that time I found the staff to be very professional and knowledgeable.

Pros

Would be asked to cover a number of tasks then informed as to what the duty involved

Cons

If you did not want to cover the tasks then you did not get paid simple

Social team bases workplace

• Booking accommodation for Lectures/Ofsted and booking them into colleges, confirming dates with both parties.• Checking and processing expenses of clients. (Travel/Subsidence)• Making ID cards for Lectures.• Uploading documents onto a tracker database. (Scanning documents)• Maintaining a twitter account for the web-based phone app and selling it to enquiring customers. (Mainly Colleges/Universities)• Answering calls to lectures, taking messages for my colleagues.• Producing work specs and letters also preparing contracts and organising delegate packs & materials for universities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protocol. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement