Protocol Education

Protocol Education Employee Reviews

i have been registered with protocol for many years and October of last year was my first job this was short term and not I am in a short term role again.there seems to be a new batch of consultants as I have had three who have been so great and really have helped me. the hardest part is not getting work but I suppose that's the agency world
Pros
good when i get work
Cons
hardly getting work
I have been working for protocol education for nearly 2 years. They always find work even during the pandemic, they offer CPD training and keep in touch to make sure everything is going OK. All staff are very approachable and will do their best to help with any problems you may have.
Pros
Approachable, enough work
Protocol are an excellent agency in Bristol, I have had work on a full time basis, and often working in the same schools each week. I find them reliable and always putting me first for where I wish to work. Would highly recommend them.
Pros
Good pay, Paye, regular work
I’ve worked with supply agencies on and off since 2005 and with this particular company in two different UK cities. Here is my earned opinion, if you are as disinterested in actual education as these people are then it will suit you fine, you will get a friendly call to offer you work and you’ll get paid. Maybe that’s all you want.But if you’re really interested, invested and care about the roles you will be undertaking in schools, I would suggest you find an agency where the agents have actually worked in education and have an understanding of what it takes. I guess this does not guarantee that they too are only really interested in the bottom line but hopefully it makes that less likely.Make no mistake, Protocol are in SALES not education. I’ve been booked, dropped, shuffled around like a chess piece and lied to so that they can take their fee. You will never be their priority even though it is YOU who make their money for them. Be honest with yourself and do your research. Don’t let them screw you around and be clear about your worth.
Pros
Working in schools is awesome
Cons
Getting messed about is really not awesome
The agency recruitment manager was brilliant, friendly and welcoming she tried really hard to get me a job in a school I enjoyed. I loved working there. Hoping to get more work with this agency soon.
Pros
Not just a number a person
Cons
It was great for me as a student i got shifts around my off days from uni. Consultants are great! The pay was good too. Overall loved working with protocol.
Pros
Pay, hours, people
Cons
Working through an agency is not ideal: not for a man who wishes to raise a family - the basis of the Nation. So, that needs to be dealt with at the National Level. Boris?
Pros
Free parking on some sites.
Cons
Low pay for Lecturers
I really enjoy working in preschool and schools. I can choose that which days and hours I can work in schools or preschools. I can work in one school for long term as well. They pay for per day .
Pros
Flexible work and good pay.
Cons
They don't pay for holidays.
Professional yet friendly and approachable staff. CPD is offered, safeguarding and TeamTeach. Very easy to use logging of working hours and prompt and accurate wage payment. Good variety of work placements. Office staff support you 100%
I have worked for protocol education on and off for about 2 years and loved every moment. Some of the places that put me weren't great but I dont believe this was there fault. They are extremely helpful and try their best to find me work. All I ask is for more work.
Protocol assigned me a member of staff who handled my jobs, queries etc. He was extremely helpful and looked after my workload very well. I had one issue with a school and Protocol stepped in, taking over on my behalf, resolving the issue within a couple of hours. If I wasn't currently caring for a family member, I would still be with them.
Good training and fun culture but don’t pay well and expect a lot from you, long hours also. Ok for trainees starting off in the recruitment world but otherwise forget it!
The work with Protocol Education is very varied. Whether it was in a secondary school, primary school, or SEN. As an agency, I felt they worked hard to provide you with work, and often sought out longer contracts than just the day work. It worked perfectly alongside my career as a performer, and I really enjoyed the variety of getting to work at different locations. All of my placements were local, and the process was very streamlined and well organised.
Protocol (northern branch) seem content with sending teaching staff out to do long term (low-paid) TA jobs rather than work to find positions which are better suite and better paid. They try to pay fully qualified teachers cover wage for day to day work Other agencies do not do this!
I was with protocol for 3yrs and worked at practically all the SENs school in hayes. Some of the schools were terrible and I didn't want to go back and the listen and kept on looking and placing me before they found me the best school to work in.
I enjoyed working for Protocol, and found the work varied and interesting, however, sometimes the locations were difficult to get to first thing in the morning.
I do not receive travel expenses at Protocol education therefore I am unable to work every day and earn reasonable income to pay my bills. Maximum money I can earn here is only 1300 pounds and 300 pounds each month I need for my travelling to and from work.
Always calling you at the end of the day to make sure you're happy. If not, you will be moved to a new school as soon as possible. Does not pay as well as other agencies though.
I worked at this company from jul-dec and I can say it was the worst agency. Really bad pay, rude staff. The agency uses umbrella company so they take out a lot of money and you get left with so little. Before they found a permanent school most of the time they would call to go to a school 1h before as if it was enough to get ready and get to the school. When refusing to go to a school the staff would be rude to you and force you into going (calling you 100 times). Worst part is the pay thinking that you are in a school doing the same job as other people (other agency) and you get paid so low compared to them.
Fun workplace but not particularly well paid. Bit psychotic about sickness though, have to endure Spanish inquisition each time you're off sick, not much sympathy. Vibrant place to work with a generally younger demographic. May be good for a first job but not much longevity.
Worst agency I've worked for. Don't bother to go to interviews for this agency. You'll be very disappointed! They'll send you to an interview without obtaining your references. Then when you don't get the job they will not process your application to join their registration.Just forget applying! Go to another aagency. They're only interested in making money out of you.
  1. Employee reviews