Protocol Education
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Protocol Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom121 reviews

Decent but no holiday pay

Good agency, never failed to get me work, will give you good interview tips if you choose to apply for a permanent position. Pay isn’t as good as other agencies though so it’s probably best to get in then out.

Pros

Always find work

Cons

Pay

1 April 2022
Thank you for the review - We appreciate all feedback, Daisy from Head Office

A great company to be a part of!

Working at Protocol Education, no two days are ever the same. It is a fun, fast paced, collaborative environment, where teams work well to generate successful results. The rewards and recognition schemes are great and the company really pushes their employees to progress their careers. All support departments and operations teams have one common goal and that is to ensure colleagues, educators and clients have a positive experience. They also know how to throw a fantastic party!

Fantastic place to build a career, work with like minded people and constantly focused on being the best we can be

You might find easier jobs and earn more on your basic but this company really focuses on developing you and not sitting on their laurels and running with the pack. We want to lead and ambitious, curious and driven people thrive here

Pros

Hybrid working, career and professional development, clear vision

Cons

None I can think of

A company that values it's staff

I have worked at Protocol Education for a number of years. Good career progression, well trained managers and a good working environment. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Hybrid working from home and office.

Cons

Long hours in term time.

Supportive, forward thinking and always try to do the right thing

I get to spend the majority of my day surrounded by driven, ambitious people which allows me to maintain my hunger for success.At every level I have felt supported, challenged and taken out of my comfort zone to move up the ladder and development my leadership career.Through the pandemic (and beyond) Protocol Education has continued to provide security and stability, both financially and personally. They will try to do the right thing by their employees and are quick to change direction should that not work out to ensure continued growth and development for the company and it's people. Would highly recommend working for Protocol Education

Pros

Incentives, bonuses, trips abroad, great people, good personal and professional development opportunities.

Fulfilled and supported

Protocol Education have made me feel at home and supported from the first day I started. The team were welcoming and facilitated my own growth and development. Though that was also aligned with where they saw me going. There are always pros/cons with a job, but I find working at PE a good experience compared to other places I've worked.

Very professional, supportive and welcoming staff

The staff at Watford (my local branch) are outstanding - super professional, hugely supportive, and very friendly. From my own experience as a teacher, they definitely work as a unified team, all collaborating to ensure that I have ample opportunities to work, including throughout the year. (The Payroll Section also do a brilliant, efficient job.) There are two particular consultants I deal with, at the Watford Branch, who work tirelessly to match assignments with my skills and experience, and who deal with the very few problems I encounter, quickly and proficiently. I have worked with other supply agencies in the past, but Protocol as a company, in my view, is the best!

Pros

Flexible work days

Cons

None significant to note

26 April 2022
Thanks very much for the review, Much appreciated. Daisy- Head Office

Good supply agency

I work out of the Watford/Uxbridge branch and have always found them helpful. I have plenty of work both long term and short term supply. Would reccomend.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No extra for the extra bank holiday in holiday calculation

26 April 2022
Thanks very much for the review - much appreciated. Daisy - Head Office

No reliability

There is no guarantee of work, even if it is booked. You will be dropped very quickly and no rewards for stepping in to help out. My consultant disappeared without even informing so was out of work. They were awful during lockdown.

12 April 2022
Thanks for your review, I am sorry that you are not happy with the service that you received. Please do message me directly and I will ensure that someone contacts you daisy.anderson@protocol-education.com

Terrible

Terrible people to work for. Avoid at all costs. So many better agencies out there that actually treat you like a human being, unlike the people here.

The worst agency, please just avoid them

There is absolutely no communication whether it is phone calls or emails to which staff do not reply or bother to answer back and they are rude. You are just a number at this company and disposable and will be dismissed without warning so be prepared.They completely ignored any requests for weekly pay and my start date kept getting changed and I was never informed of when I was starting. No way will I be accepting another job with this company again.

Friendly and helpful

They help me find a long term job, even if I have no previous experience in SEN schools. The training depends on the school, but all people in the branch are so friendly that you know that you can ask them for everything. I received my pay in time. They have a good scheme of online courses, very helpful discounts.

15 March 2022
Thanks very much for the review - We really appreciate your feedback. Daisy in Head Office

I worked as nursery nurse/ TA . They got me quite a bit of work . Sometimes they sent me on jobs and didn’t tell me it was SEN or the right age group. Staff are friendly and polite

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

9 March 2022
Thanks for your review - We have taken your comments on board - Daisy - Head Office

Helpful staff

I have enjoyed working for protocol, the head office staff are very helpful and are always on ca to answer any questions I may have and will always answer my calls.

9 March 2022
Thank you for reviewing Protocol Education, we are pleased that it has been a good experience. Daisy - Head Office.

A good company to work for.

I've worked in the Wolverhampton Branch as a teacher since September 2018. Throughout this time, for the most part, they have provided me with work that is both regular and well paid. During the lockdown periods there was always an opportunity to work, albeit much of the work took place online. Salary is paid weekly and is always on time, provided that you get your timesheet in. Their website is very user friendly and I have encountered very few problems during my time with them. I can't speak with any authority about any other branch but Wolverhampton is well run, friendly, supportive and efficient. I have no hesitation recommending them as an employer.

Pros

Regular, well paid work.

Cons

None worth mentioning.

An Excellent company to work with on supply

I worked closely with two members of staff who are outstanding in their role. They worked tirelessly and collaboratively with me to find roles which best suited me. They kept in regular contact, they called me as soon as they found a job that fit my skills and checked with me about ones that might be out of my comfort zone. Every day working with them was a good day, even the ones where they called me at 7am asking if I'd be prepared to go somewhere right that minute!Here's the catch, there's always a catch - you have to be prepared to work with them. If you're a supply teacher you have to be prepared to be flexible, teach off subject, teach in different environments to the ones you are used to and be prepared to travel. You're a supply teacher, you have to be prepared to make it work for you. I rate Protocol highly as one of the best educational supply agencies out there. You'd be daft not to work with them.

Pros

Excellent communication, regular supply work, lovely staff.

1 February 2022
Thank you for your positive and informative review. We really appreciate and take on board all comments. Daisy - Head Office

Always found enough work

The contacts at the agency have always been friendly and understanding. I've been able to pick up regular work to the point I barely do work with my other two agencies.

Pros

Regular contact, standard agency wage.

Cons

As with all supply, short notice changes.

17 December 2021
Thank you for your positive review.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)

Professional and good pay

Highly professional company to work for. They make followups to ensure you are settling well. Pay is good as well.i enjoyed working at Protocol.because jobs were always available for me.

Pros

They provide short and longterm placements.

25 October 2021
Thank you for your great review.Kind RegardsJo(Head office)

Great agency

I really enjoyed my time at Protocol. The management were always on the end of the phone if I needed a chat and I could work flexibly. The pay was very fair and also weekly.

25 October 2021
Thank you for your lovely review.Kind RegardsJo(Head Office)

Productive and fun Workplace

They hardly Can find you a job that is secure full-time position they give you job after a few days and they let you know on the day which is very hard to adapt to

Organised and always a new challenge.

The staff were great and tailored to your situation to accomodate what hours you could work. The hours and pay were fair, and there were never any issues about salary.The jobs given were always to a good standard and never any issues with the students or the schools.Over all i really enjoyed my time and exoerience gained by working for them.

Pros

Paid minimum.hours even if only there for 2

Cons

Could be anywhere and sometimes only find out that morning, but you do have the option to decline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protocol Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement