Protocol Education

Protocol Education Employee Reviews for Cover Supervisor

A competent supply teaching agency that pays its staff well. Information regarding the schools is given in a timely and effective manner.
Pros
Well organised and competitive rates.
Cons
Short term contracts means a lack of stability.
Protocol are very flexible as they work around your availability, if you can not work that day then you don't have to, however, there is no holiday pay and no pay over half terms, Christmas etc. I have learned a lot and gained a lot of teaching experience through this job.
A typical day could be a phone call away where you are asked to go into a school - Teach ! Mentor ! Start from scratch and deliver lessons within 45 minutes of start time. You could be based anywhere in the areas that you have requested and if you are like me i love the vibe of get up and go! You learn quite a lot on the job as every job is different unless its long term position. The hardest part is leaving a job and the kids as you get attached to all those lovely kids.
Pros
Cons
Sick Pay/ Don't get paid in the holidays
Not great company to work for they are unsupportive of work staff and they pay considerably less than other educational supply agencies. I would advise you apply with sugarman
Pros
Excellent place to work, work is found locally with a set wage everyday, so you know where you stand. Can ring and speak to the consultants at any time! They are always there. Great place.
Pros
See above
Cons
May not have a booking all week
The people at Protocol are always friendly and get to know you personally which is brilliant for when it comes to finding you different positions and places to work. They are very hard working and understanding to various situations and always aim to get you into a position ASAP. If ever I wish to work for a supply agency again I will be giving them a call!
On a typical day at work, Protocol would call me and tell me where I am going and in what capacity. I would then quickly set off and get there as soon as possible. I would introduce myself and let them know that I work for Protocol Education. The school will then give me the general information of the school and rules and school policy. Then I would be told my duties for the day and where I would be working and then I would proceed to the work area.I would start by introducing myself to the students before I start the work for the day. At the end of the day, after making sure that the room is tidy and orderly, I would go to the school contact to ask if there is something else that they would want me to do. If there is nothing more to do then I will have my time sheet signed and then I sign out of the school and leave.I learned to work with new people and be part of the team as soon as possible.I learn from my core-workers and share with them what I know.The hardest part of the job sometimes is when you get to a school that does not have a clear policy on behaviour management.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to a school where the students are well behaved and they are willing to learn.
Pros
meeting helpful people at a school you have been sent to.
Cons
schools that are difficult to get to due to traffic congestion.