Protocol Education

Protocol Education Employee Reviews for Teacher

I really enjoy working in preschool and schools. I can choose that which days and hours I can work in schools or preschools. I can work in one school for long term as well. They pay for per day .
Pros
Flexible work and good pay.
Cons
They don't pay for holidays.
Protocol are an excellent agency in Bristol, I have had work on a full time basis, and often working in the same schools each week. I find them reliable and always putting me first for where I wish to work. Would highly recommend them.
Pros
Good pay, Paye, regular work
Protocol assigned me a member of staff who handled my jobs, queries etc. He was extremely helpful and looked after my workload very well. I had one issue with a school and Protocol stepped in, taking over on my behalf, resolving the issue within a couple of hours. If I wasn't currently caring for a family member, I would still be with them.
Protocol (northern branch) seem content with sending teaching staff out to do long term (low-paid) TA jobs rather than work to find positions which are better suite and better paid. They try to pay fully qualified teachers cover wage for day to day work Other agencies do not do this!
While working with Protocol I have fully enjoyed moving around and working in different schools and teaching different students. I have gained experienced with working with people from different backgrounds and cultures and learned how different people work and learn best.
Pros
working with different people around the city.
Cons
work is not guaranteed.
The Sheffield branch is great. I get consistent work and everyone I speak to is lovely. Definitely recommend. Pay is reasonable, as best as it could be, though I find primary supply teachers are generally not paid as well as they should be and I had to push for an amount I think is decent. Not enough opportunity for training is the main flaw, but I'd still definitely register with them over other agencies in Sheffield.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay/progression opportunities
I signed up the agency at the beginning of May 2019 and since the interview I have encountered nothing but poor communication and employee handling. No responses from emails, waiting for the police check for under a month just to find out today that it has not even been submitted. A total waste of my time! Not been able to have an income and now I will have to start the process again with a different company. Very upset.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, lack of organisation, lack of staff
Protocol offered a variety of jobs in terms of length and always tried their best to provide a consistent amount of work if possible. They took into account travel times if you are using public transport and would help you find the best routes. They helped to build up a base of schools and academies that would regularly request you as teacher/teaching assistant etc. Staff were very friendly and helpful. At times there were few opportunities for jobs but this was due to time of year etc.
There's not a lot to go on. I have had such little work from them, however they do pay me on time and accurately unlike some other teaching agencies. Fair.
Pros
Fair
Cons
Scarce work
Working as a supply teacher has enabled me to be able to take time off whenever to be able to travel. Although this has been great not being paid over the holiday periods does become a . problem financially at times.
Pros
In charge of my own days working/not working
Cons
Can get sent all over London
The protocol education company offers flexibility, guaranteed work contracts and the highest pay in the agency sector of London. Overall great experience.
Working for protocol as a teacher means you don't have an idea as to what the day to day running of the company is like. Most of the consultants are reasonably efficient but as education budgets are slashed there is less and less work to go round.
Pros
flexibilty - able to decide when you don't want to work or where you don't want to work, a lot less stress than working in one school.
Cons
not much work to go around, very financially insecure
protocol education is challenging as there are more teachers than jobs, It can be very hard salary wise but there staff are very pleasant to deal with
Pros
Choose own hours
Cons
Not much work
Working for Protocol has been a pleasure. The agency is involved with supplying teachers to schools in the event of absences. I had regular work, a good daily salary and work flexibility. Guaranteed work schemes are also an option. You are required to turn up at the seleceted school by 8:15, sign in, collect your timetable and then deliver the planned cover work. The level of support and guidance differs from school to school, but generally there is plenty of help on offer to make your day a pleasant one. If there are schools that you don't like going to then you have the option of not going there again. You do get to meet many interesting students and staff members.
Pros
Daily rates of pay. Variety of working environments. Work flexibility.
Cons
No pay during school holidays. Some schools are not as well organised.
I registered with Protocol Education and while the initial meeting was positive, this company were not organised to contact my refereees as soon as I had registered which caused me to lose faith in them. I also went almost a month without contact from the company. I will not be working with this outfit.
Pros
Cons
Misleading and disorganised.
All school I was sent to were perfect for me individually. My personal consultant took time and care to ensure I was sent tom a school whihc best fit my personality and experience.
Protocol is one of the better supply agencies in the city of Bristol. They are reliable and efficient and have friendly staff.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No sick or holiday pay
I think the title says it all, if you need consistent money this is not the place for you. Indeed want me to say more in this review but there really is nothing more to add.
Pros
Cons
No work
I preferred advance notice of supply work and Protocol did this as far as they could although I did respond to early morning calls. They strive to find work for their supply teachers usually in a reasonable travelling distance from home. I have enjoyed working for them but as supply work has been in short supply since September and I am solely responsible for paying the household bills I am forced now to look elsewhere for work. They provide CPD and keep teachers up to date.
Pros
good communication
Cons
sometimes short notice of work
They are supposed to be the biggest agency however Protocol never found me any work at all ! Waste of my time. They allowed me to register and access my account online, checked my references and dbs but I never got a single offer in almost a year of being registered yet other agencies are constantly offering work.
Pros
Easy to register
Cons
No work
I travel to many different schools and am in a good position to consider which schools are ones I would really like to work in, in the future. The staff at the agency who find me work are very co-operative and helpful. I generally find staff in the schools I go to very helpful and make it easy to find way around new places. The hardest part about the job is leaving a really good school and not knowing if you will be required for work their again.
Pros
Dont have as much planning and marking to do
Cons
Agency Work does not pay to scale