Protocol Education

Protocol Education Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

I have worked for protocol education on and off for about 2 years and loved every moment. Some of the places that put me weren't great but I dont believe this was there fault. They are extremely helpful and try their best to find me work. All I ask is for more work.
I’ve worked with supply agencies on and off since 2005 and with this particular company in two different UK cities. Here is my earned opinion, if you are as disinterested in actual education as these people are then it will suit you fine, you will get a friendly call to offer you work and you’ll get paid. Maybe that’s all you want.But if you’re really interested, invested and care about the roles you will be undertaking in schools, I would suggest you find an agency where the agents have actually worked in education and have an understanding of what it takes. I guess this does not guarantee that they too are only really interested in the bottom line but hopefully it makes that less likely.Make no mistake, Protocol are in SALES not education. I’ve been booked, dropped, shuffled around like a chess piece and lied to so that they can take their fee. You will never be their priority even though it is YOU who make their money for them. Be honest with yourself and do your research. Don’t let them screw you around and be clear about your worth.
Pros
Working in schools is awesome
Cons
Getting messed about is really not awesome
The agency recruitment manager was brilliant, friendly and welcoming she tried really hard to get me a job in a school I enjoyed. I loved working there. Hoping to get more work with this agency soon.
Pros
Not just a number a person
Cons
It was great for me as a student i got shifts around my off days from uni. Consultants are great! The pay was good too. Overall loved working with protocol.
Pros
Pay, hours, people
Cons
The work with Protocol Education is very varied. Whether it was in a secondary school, primary school, or SEN. As an agency, I felt they worked hard to provide you with work, and often sought out longer contracts than just the day work. It worked perfectly alongside my career as a performer, and I really enjoyed the variety of getting to work at different locations. All of my placements were local, and the process was very streamlined and well organised.
I was with protocol for 3yrs and worked at practically all the SENs school in hayes. Some of the schools were terrible and I didn't want to go back and the listen and kept on looking and placing me before they found me the best school to work in.
I do not receive travel expenses at Protocol education therefore I am unable to work every day and earn reasonable income to pay my bills. Maximum money I can earn here is only 1300 pounds and 300 pounds each month I need for my travelling to and from work.
Always calling you at the end of the day to make sure you're happy. If not, you will be moved to a new school as soon as possible. Does not pay as well as other agencies though.
Worst agency I've worked for. Don't bother to go to interviews for this agency. You'll be very disappointed! They'll send you to an interview without obtaining your references. Then when you don't get the job they will not process your application to join their registration.Just forget applying! Go to another aagency. They're only interested in making money out of you.
I have been with Protocol for almost 1 year now. I'm happy with the level of service I have received from them. They have managed to find me work for the majority of that time. I am able to contact a named member of staff at almost anytime if the need arises. Overall it's a good agency, with friendly staff who try their best to source work, however, they are not magic and cannot give out jobs if they don't have any in. So you will have times when you are not working. (September springs to mind.) They also offer CPD training and development days.
Pros
Training, Friendly easy to contact staff.
Cons
Not always work available.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Protocol Education?
always bagged long term/ short term contracts. great for someone who is willing to gain teaching experience. great placements in good schools. approachable management.
Brillante. Un placer trabajar con ellos. Son profesionales desde que entras en la empresa hasta que te vas. Mantienen una relacion profesional y cordial con los empleados y fomentan el trabajo en equipo en todo momento. Siempre estan disponibles para hablar y apoyar al empleado.
Pros
Horarios flexibles.
Cons
A veces te llaman el mismo dia.
Worst company ever! Don’t join! They don’t care you or your wellbeing South London branch - RUDE Don’t recommend, don’t ever join. Pay is rubbish and you still get taxed
Pros
Cons
A lot
Protocol is a friendly and active company. They are quite very steady with jobs but pay less in some qualifications. They have a very good listening and communication skills which I find very excellent for any cooperate business.
Pros
steady jobs
Cons
less wages
Working with children with a range of learning difficulties has been hard work but incredibly rewarding. Meeting such a range of students each with their own needs is incredibly interesting and a lesson in itself. Helping them with activities and school life and watching them grow and develop has been very enjoyable and inspiring to see and I have loved working at different schools and meeting new staff and students.
Work is pretty easy to pick up day to day when the school term is on - not so much when holidays are on. It is quiet easy to find a school/position you like and pick up part time/full time work. London was easy to find work in. The company is pretty decent with communication when you are consistently working, but can be difficult to get a hold of when you take a break from working - expect to have to make lots of calls and unanswered emails from them during these times.
Difficult to find consistent full time work. I enjoyed working for agencies whilst studying but the salary is not sustainable for life beyond university.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay
There's no job security, and you don't get paid for any holidays or sick days. It's fine if you balance it with another job and if the schools are local to you. I loved working with the teachers in the class room, Getting to help the children is most rewarding.
Pros
Supply work, you tell them if your avalible
Cons
salary wise isn't that great to live on, The agency take a big cut.
Protocol was able to give me work as soon as I was able. I was then put into a permanent role that suited me and my location. They are easy to communicate with and listen to your needs, in order to match you to the right job.
Pros
Continuous work
Cons
I enjoyed working here because they send me to various different schools. I got a lot of experiences with various range of age groups. They are friendly consultants. They try to get you work according to what you like.
Typical day includes to support children from various ages and support staff too. I have learnt the basics of being a teaching assistant and have really enjoyed the management of the agency as well as the schools in its own. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting various different people and getting to know diverse set of people, however the hardest part of the job is the fact that most of the jobs you have with the agency is temporary and therefore can hardly sustain relationships.
Pros
Flexible supply arrangements
Cons
Short lunch