Prudential

Prudential Employee Reviews

Worked here for years before being tupe'd to Capita and loved every minute of it. Great pay and yearly bonuses! The free bus to get to work is very handy and the subsidized canteen in good.
Pros
Free Bus
Good professional company, friendly colleagues, on site canteen, good location, on boarding was excellent, clear and effective management team, work responsibilities clearly laid out
Horrible! Work place bullying was so common it was practically in the job description. Horrible atmoshpehere - just a bunch of old ladies whinging and whining all day, 5 days a week.
Pros
Great canteen, decent pay, flex time.
Cons
Everything else, ever.
If your face fits, you'll be fine. Overall, a very unpleasant place to work. Too many young people in managerial positions who don't know how to manage people or their teams.
Pros
Bus services provided
Cons
Everything else
Management are horrible to staff. Not enough support available, basically you are thrown into the deep end and expected to do a perfect job. Long days stuck in an office whilst being pushed to get through a phone call as quickly as possible rather than fixing the issue so that you can get on to the next person resulting in agitated customers.
You are just a number. Get working, you go slower than they deem you should, they tell you to hurry. It's very clear that you are replaceable... The free coffee was okay though!
Well structured sales pension and investment company with excellent proposition. Travel to UK based sales presentations with national and network clients Sales and team meetings with local sales teams Regulatory updates sales updates and competitor information Presentations and workshops for adviser team meetings Director level sales and regulatory interactions Analysis of competitor propositions Liason with Marketing division around sales proposition Drafting regulatory and research analysis
Pros
Good bonus package as a function of strong proposition
Cons
Extensive travel.
I enjoyed my time at Prudential, I was respected and treated well. The people that I met and worked with were professional and I would welcome the chance to work there again.
I was very happy at Prudential. Line management was supportive but gave freedom to deliver efficiently. Great technical teams to work with. Great variety of projects to work on.
I enjoyed working for Prudential until they TUPED us to Diligenta. They had a fair pay amongst colleagues. Obviously the longer service the higher pay due to pay rise and bonus once a year. Generally a good environment great managers. Progression was ok bit hard but not cliquey, understanding and caring managers willing to bend the rules to make sure staff were taken care of properly.
Undergoing management change. Slow paced. Need stronger management lead. Heavily reliant on contractors. Great surroundings and subsidised food. Great facilities and organised free transport.
Generally good job with good team but unachievable targets. Management is overbearing with not enough agent autonomy and along with blame culture environment.
Prudential has long been a household name with a good reputation but recently the benefits of working for this company are disappearing one by one. The main benefits are flex time (perfect for people with children), regular charity events and a relaxed and friendly work culture. The company itself however is starting to favour fix-termed contracts (who are not entitled to full company benefits) over permanent ones. Pay used to be increased yearly based on performance and tenure but this too stopped a few years ago. The worst part is, depending on when and who you signed your contract with, you'll find others being paid more to do the same job you're doing. The days of working 40 years at the same job are over. Prudential knows this are seems to be favouring the gig economy over long-term contracts.
Job security, fun, fast pace environment with great benefits. Onsite parking available. Canteen onsite also. Great managers who are very approachable. I enjoyed it
Monitoring and driving production and quality of a team of 13 case handlers assessing sales of Annuities to determine they had been executed in line with TRASP requirements and where non-compliant outcomes were identified, bespoke letters were generated and the redress calculated correctly to ensure a fair outcome for customers. I worked closely with QC to identify any knowledge gaps, and ensured learnings from feedback were rolled out to facilitate a better understanding. I was required to produce high level and granular MI to evidence management of the project requirements, and to provide mitigation for any deficits in my team output from both a quality and production perspective.
Workplace I made up of 50% workforce is subcontractor. After the demerger expect a significant reduction in resource. Very traditional management (1950's ) autocratic do as I say not as I do ivory tower type culture. Good luck.
During my week, I worked on different softwares. I was trained on writing test cases & executing them. In order to complete the tasks, I was given I had to interact with different team members which helped me gain key communication and time management skills. Additionally, I developed a template for stake holder reporting.
contract role - ive been working on project for 3 years from a pensions SME and tech through to working as a BA and test analyst for their new digital account its a great place to work
My role was very varied I left as I was not able to do my role part time after having my daughter Management leave a lot to be desired (I know, I was one) Good salary and perks
The people are lovely, campus gorgeous, great place to work. Canteen is subsidised and offer a wide range covering all tastes. Highly recommend this place.
team members and manager were great to work with however no clear defined processes in place and outdated systems were used. office building was also outdated. close by amenities
  1. Employee reviews