Public Health England

Public Health England Employee Reviews

Good place to work supportive and fast at up-skilling agents.In- depth training an support with E modules and competencies that are thorough and informative
Pros
Friendly and supportive
Cons
unpaid breaks
Worked on the Track & Trace Campaign. Very well organised, thorough and professional. Learnt a lot and the training was excellent. Staff all very supportive.
THE COMPANY SITEL has a very inclusive and customer service friendly atmosphere and vibe, you are paid well to do to a very relaxed role (working from home).
Pros
Good pay and good job culture.
Cons
Not much job progression with a home based role.
good to work for. Interview was only a couple of days after submitting my application. Excellent communication by way of email and by text messages. .
The staff are so nice and will always help you succeed and will go the extra mile for you. The work environment is absolutely fine and you get to work from aswell which means you will be comfortable and save loads of money
Cons
A miserable and unhappy place to work. A culture that I hope I never experience again. Exceedingly hierarchical. x department collaboration non existent. No consideration for work life balance. I was surprised as I though it would be a fabulous place to work and was really looking forward to it.
Pros
free flu jab; CEO approachable and pleasant
Cons
culture toxic; dreadfully low pay and holiday entitlement
Working across the administration departments I am pleased to work a variety of helpful, positive people in a collaborative environment and would recommend the institution as a place to work.
Flexible and relaxed working hours Very difficult to advance pisition Very friendly and welcoming. Good onsite facilities Enjoyable work I learned alot
I loved my PHE job so much. Best managers I ever had in my life. Great colleagues, supporting you at all time. I had to leave PHE due to low salaries.
Good working environment, excellent computer facilities. enjoyable staff. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load in the 1st few days, but when the training was over it became simple. Flexible working hours excellent restaurant on site.
Great Learning and development opportunities. There is a work balance life. It is a very friendly working environment. An opportunity to for a career development.
I arrive at work before nine in the morning and I am .very punctual. After arriving I head up to the lab, put on my lab coat and sanitize my hands. The next thing I do is start on the daily tasks and jobs that have deadlines and need to be completed.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
heavy work load
I'm only currently working at Public Health England and a temp on a 6month fixed term contract via a recruitment agency but I will say I am really enjoying my time here, everyone is so easy going and friendly and helpful.
Work life balance good work from home. No stress loads of training good place to work people are friendly polite helpful no micro managing let you get on with your work very positively busy. PHE highly recommended.
Bullying and victimisation runs through the veins of senior management and HR A lot of union reps working hard on cases that they'll never resolve. Employment tribunal taken out by a senior consultant was actually won and the organisation advised to review policies and train management. Great if you have a good management team...not so good if unfortunate to work in a poor team or directorate.
Pros
Excellent learning and development opportunities
Cons
Poor management and bullying culture
An array of opportunities to develop public health expertise
Pros
breadth of experience
Cons
inconsistent management
Secure work place and very competitive salary in comparison to industry average. Being public service organisation there is highly organised structure with all sort of procedures , rules, for every facet of work and behaviour. Very diverse culture in terms or educational level and being scientific organisation many highly educated ( PHDs, MS) .
Big company good to work for and pleasant staff across the board. Although communications between teams and managers needs much improving . Hopefully this is picked up and will see change
No one day is the same, supportive colleagues. management is visible so you always feel supported. The environment is fast pace. PHE embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity
Pros
great location
Cons
current building work at Welling House
I had plenty of opportunity for learning and working within a supportive team and with managers. Career progression is limited and salaries are pretty much frozen but that's public sector at the moment.
Pros
Flexible working, friendly colleagues
Cons
Limited progression
Best thing was being able to work from home frequently. Worse thing was no parking. Other people in the office were nice and friendly.................