Public Health Wales NHS Trust

Public Health Wales NHS Trust Employee Reviews

I currently work for the NHS in a hospital pharmacy in north Wales (Bangor). It is a job I enjoy but I want to move closer to family and would like to continue to carry on working in this profession.
Bullying, no training no development. If you are a yes person who has no opinion then you will go far. Corrupt place of work and jobs given to low experienced staff without qualifications
Pros
Cons
Too many
Very tough competitive environment. Difficult to get promotion within or career progression. Hard work and long hours to get the massive work load done. No work life balance. Lack of support from higher management and management outside of the laboratories. All departments are struggling. Public health Wales are not in touch with their staff well being.
The most corrupt organisation I’ve ever worked for. Full of absolutely game players. Don’t go there. If you’re a yes person you’ll be fine. It’s not the place for honest decent people to work.
Far too many people in management positions telling front line staff what to do and how to do it. Shared Service is a joke and is rife with nepotism. If you're sleeping with a manager then you will get far...otherwise, be happy with what you have and don't rock the boat!!
Pros
NHS Employer
Cons
Poor management
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Breast Test Wales. Staff, work/tasks, management and environment were outstanding. I was disappointed that this was only a temporary post. I will look and apply again for any job vacancies that come up. I was a very happy employee.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Great place to work, pay wasn't great for what was expected but overall a fantastic experience. Staff were amazing and id high recommend gaining this experience
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Great job and great to gain confidence with working with people or as a individual. great training involved within the job and lovely working hours. lovely staff.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no hours contracted
Working with Cardiff & Vale NHS was a great experience and offered huge benefits to staff, what lets down the service slightly is the attitude of some staff who have become quite negative and non supportive of a healthy conducive work environment that the NHS strives to promote.
Working in a busy environment where no two days were the same and being part of a team was essential to achieve working goals.
Pros
NHS Pension, Annul Leave
Cons
Communication not always visible
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Health Wales NHS Trust?
Currently working in a great team of eight other IT engineers supporting all GP Practices in North Wales. We are over half way through migrating all the GP Practices in North Wales on to the same network which includes all new PC's to be installed at each site. Once migrated we support each site from software failures to printer faults.
Pros
Can manage own jobs (calls).
Cons
Sometimes have to travel a large distance with no overtime pay.
This job was rewarding and also hard work changing practise was the most rewarding
Pros
working as a team
general dogs bodyorder stockmake media, autoclave wasteenvironmental sample analysis
Pros
good hours and weekends off nice people
Cons
boring