Pulse Nursing At Home

Pulse Nursing At Home Employee Reviews

I enjoy my work at pulse I have met some wonderful clients and co workers. The work is all complex care so specialists training is needed for individual clients
Pros
Advaced rotas
Cons
Offices based at London so can make things a little more difficult
Working with a fantastic team of people that your genuinely like makes work that much better of an experience. Really felt like I could go to anyone in the company to ask a question and know i'd get a helpful and supportive response. Workload is quite high and fast paced but well suited to the way i'd prefer to work and i'm given the autonomy to plan my own workday/week which I really appreciate but I can reach out for manager support if i'm struggling with anything.
I was respected never got pushed to do extra shifts unless I wanted to . The staff I worked with were very good and professional. If you did extra they would offer substantial amount of pay ontop of your pay
Pros
Pays the highest ive had
Cons
Not enough packages in my area or an office
Don’t think I’ve ever worked fir a company that cares more about profit and gain than they do about staff and clients.You know when you gut feeling tells you this is not right and after leaving felt like I’d escaped a monster....If you have any sense of equality self respect and integrity don’t even apply!
Pros
Cons
Unsupportive Judgemental unprofessional uncaring demanding inflexible disrespectful
They are a great agency to work with - always a kind voice in the end of the phone happy to help you. They’re very professional and helpful. The support given is fantastic, always willing to go above and beyond for you.
Pros
Super efficient. Super professional.
Very professional right from the start. They are very helpful with sorting the shifts, and explaining how far I would need to travel. The pay is very good for anybody who has experienced working in the PICU. Would highly recommend.
Loads of big changes in The company over the past 7 years, Local office closed and we lost many clients but overall a better company to work for now as a support worker.Job let’s you work independently with clients for most hours in a day, plenty of social opportunities for clients. Company is more reliable, responsive and more professional now than ever before. There is no case managers now but Local RCL nurse is better with managing package, professional, Always supportive there is also other clinical nurses to. I enjoy working with my client and some of the staff. All staff pay rates increased over recent years and that is always good.
Pros
24-7 support
Cons
Not as many hours as I would like
The training and standards of this company are excellent- certainly the best of any healthcare company I have worked for. However, recruitment process is very slow, and the communication with office staff and management is poor. Lacking the warm and personal touch that the company had when I first started, more focus on getting bodies on shifts than there is patient and employee care. In part due to a move away from having care coordinators and putting more responsibility on nurses.
Had a blast working here. It's rare in this industry to find a supportive environment, which offers great benefits, along with career progression with development and training.
Very much if your face fits kind of work. Zero support from seniors. I found myself feeling extremely uncomfortable and anxious, the demands were unrealistic
A great place to work with a very supportive management team that really care, both about the clients and employees. I was really encouraged in my professional development and given a nice working environment. Enjoyed the charity fundraising activities too!
Offered position community base was mainly office role ,loads complaints concerns regarding service ,no permanent salary or job position . Waste time f time applying left financially struggling
Case managers incompetent, upper-level management have little idea what they're doing either, no contingency when shifts go down, don't seem to 'care' at all, be it for their care receivers or their employees
Pros
Left to do as you please on shift as there's nobody home!
Cons
As above!
Very demanding role but a proactive work life balance. Some colleagues had been promoted with full fanfair, evey friday they'd have cakes/donuts sandwiches. Very friendly atmosphere but very demarding. This was offset with regular huddles giving us top down info. and projectionswoukd brief us on top down
Having come from a care company who provided personal care support to clients, I expected a similar training programme, working environment and office relations as my ex-employers had offered. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Training: Pulse offers second to none training in all aspects of client support, in addition to the possibility of further developing one’s training in fields such as ventilation and end of life care. I had zero experience in complex care when I started and the thought of tracheostomy and PEG care summoned a great deal of anxiety! Nevertheless, the personalised training consisted of both theory and practical application of the knowledge acquired, which played a huge role in establishing me as a competent support worker as I was able to obtain a solid idea of what I would expect in practice. Moreover, Pulse offered a two day paid shadowing shift that allowed me to familiarise myself with the client, the routine and care needs of the client, whilst having an able support worker to seek advice from specific to the client. My opinions were sought by the office, therefore allowing me to consider whether the care package was right for me or not. It is also important to note, Pulse also provides recognised qualifications in areas such as medicine administration etc. Working Environment: For those that are studying a healthcare based degree, I could not recommend Pulse more. As a trainee Pharmacist, my work allows me to work very closely with patients as well liaise with other healthcare professionals such as nurses, pharmacists and OT’s. The Manchester - more...
Great people to work a side there the opportunity of learning about people from all walks of life. Really loved working there if I get a chance would love to work there again great experience!
I only left because pulse decided to change policy on travel expenses and I couldn't afford to pay myself. They were good to work for otherwise and I would have stayed if they had work closer to my home.
A long process from interview stage till actual employment, poor training, poor communication and management. Staff unprofessional and blame culture. You are a victim of work... Suspended whilst on training...lack of confidence in Pulse as an employer. Wouldn't recommend if you value yourself and your time. Not reimbursed for travel to training locations had to pay out of my pocket my hotel Management is poor can't command or communicate effectivelyexpenses and train fare
Pulse nursing at home assign nurses to work alongside support workers in the clients home, which was very enjoyable, and an excellent opportunity to transition into community care. The management look after employees very well by helping in all difficulties you may encounter.Once you have been cleared to work maximum information about the service user are always given. Co workers share their experiences with new workers making their work with Pulse.
The manager was great. Employees were always wonderful and Respectful to each other. The culture is amazing and the senior management team encourage growth. I would highly recommend it.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Horrible agency to work for. Don’t care about staff only care about shift being filled. No support whatsoever. 1:1 school shifts are extremely boring. You will have to put up with being screamed at spoken down to and humiliated by the client family. Don’t apply for the role!!