Pulse Nursing At Home

Pulse Nursing At Home Employee Reviews in Cardiff

Cardiff7 reviews

2.8Job security & advancement

packagecomplexclientsupporttrainingshifttraveloffice

Training is second to none

I have worked for the branch for nearly 3 years, I have always been offered full time hours, I get my annual leave when I ask. I feel supported out in the community and can speak to any member of office staff. The branch are truthful, if I need to know something they will tell me, if they are struggling they will ask for help and not just assume I will work. I do travel to Cardiff at the moment to work, but I am kept up to date with any new packages closer to home that are coming in. They offer me all the training I want, training in Spinal management, Brain injury even tracheostomy. I never thought I would learn these skills as a support worker. I highly recommend this company.

Pros

Cons

None so far

Long shifts, constant work

I applied for a support worker role, recruitment process was long but thorough. Once current training was excellent and I was given information and shadowing plus supported by all the office staff. Hours and shifts are long, I was asked if I was needed to pick up additional work. One of the best companies I have worked for.

Pros

All good

Cons

Some travel

Insights into Pulse Nursing At Home

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Personable company with positive attitude

The staff here, from the Registered Manager down through to the Support Workers, all have a strong working relationship that makes each and every one of us feel part of the team, all pulling in the same direction to ensure great care for the client. Everything we do is centred around the people we support, just as it should be. The standard of training is excellent, meaning that I went into my package with a high level of confidence, particularly after several shifts shadowing the existing staff.

Pros

Full-time hours available with individual clients, rather than splitting time between addresses.

Excellent training

I have worked for Cardiff branch for a year and the job is great. I have been trained in all areas, I'm never asked or expected to go to any clients without being introduced and shadowed. The office are approachable and helpful, the pay is better than most and the hours are there. I'm always informed of new clients and asked if I am interested in them before they start.

Pros

Lots

Cons

Payroll can be hard to get hold of but the office help

Joke of a company

This company is an absolute joke....apply for a job in Blackwood they get you to pay for dbs, travel to Cardiff for all training for them to them say there's no work available near me yet so I have would have to travel to Bristol until a package becomes available.....absolutely shocking no communication at all and the attitude of the management is shocking....,avoid this company all together nothing but false promisers!!

Pros

Cons

everything!!

Person Centred Approach to everybody

I am a current employee working from the Cardiff branch and have found the company to be very positive in their approach to me and other staff members. I am able to talk to anyone if i have any concerns about anything and find that where it can be resolved it usually is, i have a good home/work balance, probably the best it has been for a number of years. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people i work with and for, we have a good sense of team spirit and all work well together. The training offered is second to none and the office team are very helpful when it comes to answering questions, i never walk away feeling that my questions have not been answered.

Waste of time and poorly run company

Do not bother applying for this company, I did as the company advertised a job near in merthyr tydfil, to then tell me 6 months down the line that the nearest job for me was infact bridgend!! The manager said I had to pay for a dbs but then said if I failed the training then I could claim the money back that I had spent on that dbs......which was infact a lie, after I said I didn't want the job after being messed around did I realise I could not transfer it onto another job. From the start of the recruitment process the lack of communication between staff members was ridiculous, making me fill out the same forms on numerous occasions, or making out that I was lying saying I hadn't sent them back!! After wasting 6 months on waiting to start work and completing all the training I then got accused of being dyslexic and that the manager was considering of 'sacking me on the spot', i'm glad I found employment else where!! What a joke of a company!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pulse Nursing At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pulse Nursing At Home with

Pulse Nursing At Home Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Pulse Nursing At Home in Cardiff

• Pulse Nursing At Home
  • Cardiff
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?