Pulse Nursing At Home

Pulse Nursing At Home Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester12 reviews

packagecomplexclientsupporttrainingshifttraveloffice

Professional and productive place to work

Dealing with enquiries from staff, service users etc. Involved in recruitment and associated pipeline. Managing rotas and covering shifts. Learned new systems, fantastic management team. Workplace culture was extremely professional. Hardest part of the job was dealing with on going changes in the workplace. The job was enjoyable and included travelling to packages across the north of England.

Pros

Pension scheme, staff rewards etc

Cons

Close knit team and lots of collaberation

Working with a fantastic team of people that your genuinely like makes work that much better of an experience. Really felt like I could go to anyone in the company to ask a question and know i'd get a helpful and supportive response. Workload is quite high and fast paced but well suited to the way i'd prefer to work and i'm given the autonomy to plan my own workday/week which I really appreciate but I can reach out for manager support if i'm struggling with anything.

Insights into Pulse Nursing At Home

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Collaborative environment that promotes excellence in everything they do

A great place to work with a very supportive management team that really care, both about the clients and employees. I was really encouraged in my professional development and given a nice working environment. Enjoyed the charity fundraising activities too!

Excellent workplace, with outstanding training and people

Having come from a care company who provided personal care support to clients, I expected a similar training programme, working environment and office relations as my ex-employers had offered. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Training: Pulse offers second to none training in all aspects of client support, in addition to the possibility of further developing one’s training in fields such as ventilation and end of life care. I had zero experience in complex care when I started and the thought of tracheostomy and PEG care summoned a great deal of anxiety! Nevertheless, the personalised training consisted of both theory and practical application of the knowledge acquired, which played a huge role in establishing me as a competent support worker as I was able to obtain a solid idea of what I would expect in practice. Moreover, Pulse offered a two day paid shadowing shift that allowed me to familiarise myself with the client, the routine and care needs of the client, whilst having an able support worker to seek advice from specific to the client. My opinions were sought by the office, therefore allowing me to consider whether the care package was right for me or not. It is also important to note, Pulse also provides recognised qualifications in areas such as medicine administration etc. Working Environment: For those that are studying a healthcare based degree, I could not recommend Pulse more. As a trainee Pharmacist, my work allows me to work very closely with patients as well liaise with other healthcare professionals such as nurses, pharmacists and OT’s. The Manchester -

Working for a company who's truly passionate about what they do

Pulse Community Healthcare have been a fantastic organisation to work for in my short time (1 year) with the business. They have been a supportive and forward thinking employer and have given me opportunities to progress in both my personal development and career development. This is the first company that I have worked for that is truly passionate about making a difference and improving peoples quality of life. It is such a great thing to be a part of and to be proud of what you do.

Pros

Office culture, development opportunities, company ethos

Cons

Long hours from time to time

Love the clients

Loved working for my client and gave 100 per cent. Long 12 hour shift but rewarding. Was a senior of my package But unfortunately not much support from colleagues. Client did Not like most of them and told management for 2 years his concerns and wishes but all completely ignored. Concerns from myself given to senior management and complaints but still nothing done. Gave up in the end and left company. Contacted social services and put in Safeguarding report. Still no confidence anything will change.

Pros

Working with clients

Cons

Unsupportive management from junior to senior

Amazing individuals to support

I loved my days at work,supporting individuals with complex care needs.It was both educational and rewarding as I supported some amazing people. Management need to improve as whilst you understand they have a job to do,harassing staff when they are clearly unavailable for work is not acceptable. Hardest part was supporting individuals at end of life. Most enjoyable is supporting and watching somebody acheive

Pros

Support some amazing individuals

Cons

Challenging, supportive environment, with real opportunity to advance in your chosen field while working in a rewarding field of care.

I have worked with this company for almost 4 years in 3 different roles. I have found the company to be very supportive and proactive to the needs of the team. I have had the opportunity to grow personally and professionally throughout my time here. The support I have received has been detailed and varied from shadowing, coaching to mentoring. I have had the opportunity to cement my management knowledge with nationally recognised courses with the support of the senior management team. Although the work is very challenging given the nature of supplying support workers to deliver complex care in clients own homes. It is very rewarding knowing that we enable clients to receive high quality care in there own homes and that they take the lead in how they wish to be cared for.

Pros

Supportive team with family feel!

Cons

Not enough hours in the day :)

Excellent workplace, with excellent training and people!

Pros

Work availability, excellent office support, fantastic training programme, wage paid on time

Cons

Depending on where the care package is located, travel can be an issue.

I Love my job

Iv worked for a few care companies in the past and not one of them deserve the name CARE company as there is a major lack of care, however working for pulse has restored my faith in care companies, iv found that the staff on a whole are very caring and genuinely enjoy what they do, Iv had numerous amounts of training and am very confident in what i do. I'm able to help support 2 clients with various tasks, some of which are more complex than others, some of my duties include personal care and maintaining the upkeep of the household cleanliness and others include trachy care, PEG care, cough assist and suction therapy, all of which iv had sufficient training in. Most of my day is spent helping my clients maintain a "normal" day to day life, so we watch tv, cook, clean, open mail, etc I work with a great team and we support each other. I personally do 12 hour shifts and work both days and nights, i drive so i also sometimes travel to other clients houses to do temp cover, I prefer to stay with the 2 clients i have already however its also nice to see other clients that pulse help support in the community, The company i worked for before did not have any contact with clients and i always found this hard to understand, we wasn't supported in our roles we were just left to it, once I started working for pulse and found that we are contacted daily to check on each client i was relieved to have finally found a company that care not just about the money but about the people they look after. I hope to carry on working for pulse for a long time, I genuinely love my job and -

Pros

Great rates of pay, great support network, time sheets are done via email and the pay is weekly.

Cons

I am only contracted to 365 hours per year as it is still an agency, however iv never struggled for work

Helpful, caring and at most times understanding

I work a regular long days with various clients throughout manchester. I do drop in calls as well as sits. I have learnt a fair amount and have progressed within the company. Hard work and dedication is recognised and rewarded. Positive attitude follows positive response. I work with a great team of colleagues, both in the field and in the office. Everyone tries to help each other as much they can. Clients have made me feel welcome and appreciate my support. Have build a strong rapport with all my clients and their family. The support received from the office is very good, training always given in respect to clients needs. I have always had more work than I was expecting, never fell short in work.

Pros

Diversity of different clients and care requirements

Cons

Temp contract, would be good to have perm contract

Great job

This job is great i love the work i do and the people i work with are great. The only negative thing about this job is it is unorganised and i only get week by week rotas which often change. I am on a temporary contract and always will be due to the job itself. I have learnt a lot in this job and had lots of training for what i need and further training is available. The hardest part of the job is the long hours as i work 12 hour shifts but the best part of my job is knowing that i am helping those who need it and i am in the right career for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pulse Nursing At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement