Pulse Nursing At Home

Support Worker52 reviews
United Kingdom52 reviews

packagecomplexclientsupporttrainingshifttraveloffice

Support worker

I enjoy my work at pulse I have met some wonderful clients and co workers. The work is all complex care so specialists training is needed for individual clients

Pros

Advaced rotas

Cons

Offices based at London so can make things a little more difficult

Supportive management, always ready when needed

Productive and provide opportunity for learning new skills which are patient-focused.Managers were pleasant, always available and ready to intervene whichever time of the day. Nothing was too much for them. This made my life easier knowing that management was at my side

Insights into Pulse Nursing At Home

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

fun place to work

A great company to work for. The management is so supportive and they take training seriously. You can never be posted to a job you are not ready for. They carry out frequent checks on carers to ensure they're okay and they're also following guidelines and procedures. It's like a big happy family.

Do not recommend working for this company at all.

Highly unprofessional company with un-supportive managers. Seen as a number not as a employer.Will happily place clients in hospital - refuse to pay staff while client is in hospital.No communication about changes within the company.Offices are based in London - never seen anyone from management visit clients.24/7 contact is a lie - it is very difficult to get through to anyone from the company (whatever ever time you call!!!)

Pros

You can basically do what you want at work, no one from the company actually cares or checks on you or the welfare of the client.

Cons

See Pros.

Fun workplace

Work is decent long enough as you get ur client but process is very lengthy.once start everything should be fun depend on the packageLive in have to bring your own food and bedding too ..

Pros

No free lunch

Great pay rate

I was respected never got pushed to do extra shifts unless I wanted to . The staff I worked with were very good and professional. If you did extra they would offer substantial amount of pay ontop of your pay

Pros

Pays the highest ive had

Cons

Not enough packages in my area or an office

Approachable and supportive company

Loads of big changes in The company over the past 7 years, Local office closed and we lost many clients but overall a better company to work for now as a support worker.Job let’s you work independently with clients for most hours in a day, plenty of social opportunities for clients. Company is more reliable, responsive and more professional now than ever before. There is no case managers now but Local RCL nurse is better with managing package, professional, Always supportive there is also other clinical nurses to. I enjoy working with my client and some of the staff. All staff pay rates increased over recent years and that is always good.

Pros

24-7 support

Cons

Not as many hours as I would like

Good training standards, lacking in personal touch

The training and standards of this company are excellent- certainly the best of any healthcare company I have worked for. However, recruitment process is very slow, and the communication with office staff and management is poor. Lacking the warm and personal touch that the company had when I first started, more focus on getting bodies on shifts than there is patient and employee care. In part due to a move away from having care coordinators and putting more responsibility on nurses.

Had a blast working here. It's rare in this industry to find a supportive environment, which offers great benefits, along with career progression with development and training.

Wouldn't work here again

Very much if your face fits kind of work. Zero support from seniors. I found myself feeling extremely uncomfortable and anxious, the demands were unrealistic

Fun working place

Great people to work a side there the opportunity of learning about people from all walks of life. Really loved working there if I get a chance would love to work there again great experience!

Work

I only left because pulse decided to change policy on travel expenses and I couldn't afford to pay myself. They were good to work for otherwise and I would have stayed if they had work closer to my home.

Night clinical support worker

worked within their complex care department as a night support worker for children. Management had no experience of the job and so support for staff was limited but the relationships built between staff/child and their parents made the role extremely fulfilling. If you have a caring nature and want a rewarding job would highly reccomend

Supportive & Caring Company.

Since the office closed it has become a much better company to work for. Everything has improved and got better since this happened. Pay rate is so much better than before and new management are kind, caring, professional, supportive and overall much nicer people.

Pros

New management

Cons

Zero hour contract

Good job.

I worked helping people with disabilities. Thraquiotomy care, stoma care, urine stoma care. I assisted to take them out, social life, shopping, appointments, etc.

Advancement of Caring Skills/Experience

I enjoyed travelling by train to private clients. I completed training in many areas of care; i.e.spinal injury and respiratory. I worked as part of a team of carers. Finding the private house was the hardest part of the job, along with exercising extreme patience with a particular client. The sense of carrying out my duties well, and being greatly appreciated by the private clients. Being wished Happy Birthday, and thanked by Pulse Community Healthcare was appreciated.

Pros

Training and experience, job satisfaction

Cons

Being an agency candidate

Do not care about their staff

This company do not care about their staff and case manager does not take issues seriously. Had been a hard worker for the company and lost my job within minutes. If you do not get on with the office staff they will use this against you and not give you work and also if you do not do them the favour of picking up shifts that need covering you get attitude from them. Horrible place to work.

Pros

It did work around my family life to a certain point.

Cons

Horrible office staff that speak to you like you are nothing, take shifts away from you at the drop of a hat.

Just a number

Like it says in the title..... Too many hours worked and still expected to work more, no thanks for helping, poorly run and really bad communication between office staff, not very helpful. But the worst I'd say is punished for not doing anymore shifts.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Too many hours, treat like rubbish

Treated like a robot not a person!

The title says is all. You're not treated like an employee should be treated. Poor communication, support workers are the last to hear any important information. Not properly trained before being slumped with a package. Pay rates differ depending on who you look after so don't be tricked into think you're getting paid £10 an hour for all work because you won't be! Took them nearly 2 months to get me sorted and start working. Promised I would be starting in 2 weeks so quit my previous job then ended up going 2 months without any pay because of the lies. Be very careful when joining Pulse.

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

Payroll and Management could be better

Payroll and Management are disgraceful and seem to get away with a lot of mistakes. However the job and wages aren't bad. Emails seem to be ignored and everything is left last minute. Support workers are the last to know about important issues that effect them the most and then they are expected to continue working even if we don't agree with them.

Love the clients

Loved working for my client and gave 100 per cent. Long 12 hour shift but rewarding. Was a senior of my package But unfortunately not much support from colleagues. Client did Not like most of them and told management for 2 years his concerns and wishes but all completely ignored. Concerns from myself given to senior management and complaints but still nothing done. Gave up in the end and left company. Contacted social services and put in Safeguarding report. Still no confidence anything will change.

Pros

Working with clients

Cons

Unsupportive management from junior to senior

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pulse Nursing At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement