Pure Food UK

Pure Food UK Employee Reviews

Pure is a good place to start

Pure is a good place to start to work in the UK. They can teach you in so many different rolls and is easy and fast to grow up in the company. The problem is that they should pay a bit more.

Buena empresa con buen trato desde Head Office y colaboracion entre todos los departamentos como si fuesen uno.

De las empresas en Food Retail de Londres donde he trabajado, es la mejor.

Pure was an amazing place to work at.

Teamwork was held in high regards at Pure. From the cleaning tasks, to customer service, to working in the food production kitchen, I've been able to learn a range of skills which have contributed to my current skill set.

exhausting

Everyday you have to work hard, management is not good, most of them work less then the team, there is not team work. Would not recommend it, unless it is the first work experience.

Exploited

This company has many flaws, and the biggest is their lack of hiring people who speak and understand English clearly. Plus the level of work they expect staff to do is not conducive to the payment.

Horrible place to work

The managers treat you rubbish. The typical day would be ruushed off your feet because there is no staff at all and trying to serve everyone at the same time.

Wonderful, wish I never had to leave!

Very caring management and support systems in place, I always felt respected and was praised for my good work and efforts. Very kind and lovely people, built good relationships with regular customers and staff. This job encouraged and improved my confidence. Brilliant flexibility with shifts and requesting time off, no pressure from management -I was never forced to be in situations that I felt uncomfortable with. I wish I could go back as I was very happy and content. Only downside was that I wish I could have had longer shifts I enjoyed my time very much on shift.

Unsociable Hours; Negligent Management

Working at Pure was a mixed bag. The pay was pretty good right from the beginning and there were plenty of opportunities for progression due to the company's rapid expansion. Management expected you to get the job down quite fast and, in my personal experience across multiple stores, were not very tolerant of new people making mistakes or even doing tasks in a way that differs to their own methods - which changed store to store. Most of the stores are open Mon-Fri, which is good if you're looking for weekday work. however, they are more than happy to move you from location to location, sometimes only notifying you once you come in for your shift at 5am. Usually shifts were either morning shifts (6am-3pm) or evening (1pm-10pm + cleaning time after closing), with no mid-shifts for full-time workers to break up the early starts/late finishes. They also had no problems with putting employees on early starts after they've done late finishes. The weekly rota was consistently released late, often just a day before any given week was due to commence. The front-of-house staff turnover rate was very high. Ultimately, all the roles they advertise for are easy to grasp and the pay is good, but if you run into any problems management wont be much help.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

High Turnover; Long Hours; Poor Management

fun and productive

Working here was often very busy and stressful, as you would expect working in a night club. I enjoyed working here as met many amazing people and learned how to deal with tricky customers. The pay wasn't the best but as are most bar jobs.

Pros

environment

hard work

bad management but I understand that has changed now. A lot of shifts if you want to work, they offer accommodation st s good price and help with documents/

Relaxed and productive

Great place to work with lovely people. Experienced in what they do however still willing to learn. Good culture and work ethic Growing company with big expansion plans

Hard work but growing company so good opportunities

Work hard, play hard! Growing company - always looking to promote hard workers Great company culture, go out with team lots, fun colleagues, good atmosphere in kitchen

Pros

Free food

good experience

Every Pure store is a working kitchen, where whole grain flatbreads are baked, dressings are created, salads are dressed in front of the customers. That means great attention to details and customer care. Good experience to have a first approach to a managing role.

Pros

great opportunity to learn

Cons

too many hours

Productive and fun place with nice team members

Working in a team, providing a quality service to customers, dealing with pressure of time, preparing and packaging breakfast and lunch, taking care of exhibitions of products and cleanliness on a shop floor, delivering orders by company's bicycle.

Pros

Nice people, free lunches, good payments

Charity Fundraiser Role

Everything was well managed at this company. Typical workday will be handling customers at the counter, handling phone calls, pulling and staging orders. My co-workers worked as a team and help each other out a lot.

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

No job security

Exciting place to work at.

You will be part of great technology innovations, working alongside the exceptionally talented people.

expert hairdressers

I would arrive, clean the salon and then when clients came i would take their coats and make tea/coffee. I would shampoo clients and also clean the salon. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a clean salon constantly and the most enjoyable part was seeing clients hair once it had been done.

Pros

long breaks

Charity Fundraising

I really enjoy my work as a charity fundraiser it stretches you and you learn more about yourself.

Pros

rewarding, fun, challenging

Amazing bar and staff.

I enjoyed every minute of working in this bar, staff and owner were extremely friendly and helpful, left due to personal reasons, would recommend to anyone interested in bar work.

Pros

Amazing and friendly staff.

Cons

Late hours.

Long hours but productive

This was a volunteers job and is part of a group of people providing profession sound for bands and artists. The hours are really long as you have to set-up the equipment ready for the first act on in the early afternoon and the festival will go on till midnight. However you are fed well and get good sizeable breaks while acts are on stage.

Pros

free food

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pure Food UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement
  • Pure Food UK
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?