Pure Innovations

Pure Innovations Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews

Rewarding job.Good for gaining experience working with special needs adults.

I worked with special needs young adults ,helping them gain skills for job placements.The work was varied and I met some lovely clients and loved to see them gaining confidence and learning new skills

Pros

Varied work roles available. Happy clients so lovely to work with.

Cons

Low pay compared to similar jobs Lots of travel involved. Not always offered enough hours work.

19 January 2022
Thank you for leaving a review.Your comments are much appreciated and will be used to continually improve working at Pure.

Blind Leading The Blind

Any job that costs you your mental health is too expensive. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. Pure’s high turn over of staff undeniably speaks for itself.

Cons

An untrained management team, Unfair policies, Dangerous working conditions, A toxic culture that protects workplace bullies, Dysfunctional HR

28 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review.Your Comments will be used to improve working at Pure. We listen to feedback and work hard to try and continually learn from mistakes and put our people before profit.

Insights into Pure Innovations

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Stressful! Not appreciated by management! Too much responsibility and not enough staff.

Don’t apply for pure innovations!!! It’ll mess up your mental health! No support from management! They will talk behind your back! Some management lie about staff! They make people feel intimidated! Too much responsibility and not enough staff! Too many clients to staff ratio which isn’t good when different clients have different needs! The clients pay a lot of money to be in service but they don’t get what they pay for! Little equipment! Some of them want to do certain things but they’re not allowed to. Awful company but great clients! The clients and support staff is the only thing I miss since leaving!!!

Pros

Working Monday to Friday and having the weekend off!

19 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.I am surprised to hear that you had a negative experience.Please contact HR if you want to tell us more and we will be happy to help.

Nice company

Good company to work for , I was only there a month and ended due to covid but the staff are lovely and the job was nice and relaxed .. it’s nice to help people also

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, helping people

Cons

Non

24 November 2021
Thank you for your review. Please keep an eye out as we are often looking for Catering Assistants and I'm sure you would be welcome back.

Great company

Only worked at pure for about 4 months but I love it. Management is great, supportive and hands on. Love working with clients in the cafes.

Pros

Free dinner, great work/balence, great management

Cons

N/a

24 November 2021
Thank you for your views on being a Catering assistant at Pure. Much appreciated!

Productive, fun place to work

No two days are the same. The clients we support make everyday day a total joy. A wide variety of different building based projects from Cafes to Drama Performing Arts group, Sports, Animation, Radio Broadcasting, Park wardens, Art, Textiles, Ceramics, producing creative items for the online Gift shop. Works days are varied and productive for both staff & clients. Supporting our clients to achieve what they want to do, makes Pure a lovely place to work.

Pros

Health & wellbeing discounts

24 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! Much appreciated.

Very supportive and flexible workplace

Pure Innovations are a very well run and supportive organisation. We do have targets but with the work we do here I feel they are necessary and in my opinion very achievable. You get a lot of support and training from the very experienced management team and I have always been made to feel than I can speak to anyone for advice. Some days can be stressful as things can happen which are out of your control but overall I think it is an enjoyable and rewarding organisation to work for. One of the best things for me has been the flexible working, I feel I have a real work life balance here.

24 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear you are working flexibly and enjoying your job.

Well I was found a job through pure and was saked for being late 3 times in a year I thought it was a bit too strict the lads were good people it was the managerment I think thay made an example of me

Pros

Cons

Average

24 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like Pure found you a job elsewhere as a Kitchen Porter and you were not a Pure Employee. Best of luck finding something soon.

Supportive CEO and senior team who care

I liked the culture, the energy of most people their attitudes do go the extra mile for the clients. A lovely place to work ... if anything they didn’t tell enough people how great they are !

Pros

Start and end times, badges, training

Cons

Communication

6 May 2021
Thank you for such lovely comments. Improving Communication is a work in progress- thank you for the feedback.

Great Management and Culture

For an employee with little/no experience in finance, there has been significant trust and responsibility placed on me to complete the tasks I have been given. In my experience, the importance of this cannot be under-estimated in early stage careers; since it has develops a range of skills which are needed throughout ones career such as confidence, organization and competency in real-world accounting. The wide range of tasks given is something only few firms can offer, namely due to its size and culture, which means the experience I've gained is substantial. A common theme of flexible hours is apparent for Pure, which illustrates the understanding culture of management. In my instance; management have actively been seeking to aid in my desire for medium/long term goals of professional qualifications. I have been allowed to choose the accounting qualification (ACCA) along with the way in which this is to be achieved (which educational institution). The confidence shown in myself has only been motivating, while surrounded with a helpful and social workplace.

Pros

Good/flexible hours, understanding management, friendly staff/culture.

Friendly colleagues, good hours, clear career progression.

I came to Pure Innovations 1 year ago relatively inexperienced in the field in which I was going to. As I was going in as an apprentice I would learn the content as I went along and slowly I would take on job responsibilities based on content in which I learnt in classes. Throughout my experience so far all the staff at Pure have been incredibly supportive. The management treats everybody equally regardless of their roles or any personal traits or features, and from day one I felt like it fit in at the organisation. Considering this was my first full-time job, I was apprehensive and nervous before going into the interview process, however the interview process was straight forward given that I researched into the company before the interview and several questions were in relation to researchable stuff regarding Pure.As I have progressed throughout my career at Pure I have been guided with further progression to expand my skills and set out of a plan of continually progressing my career inside of the company.

Pros

Good Hours, Flexible, Free gym membership

A wonderful charity to work for!

Supportive management and staff, engaging training and lovely clients make Pure Innovations a fantastic organisation to work for! Not one day is the same and you really feel like are making a difference to improve the confidence and independence of the clients. Pure Innovations is a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with a friendly and caring environment.

Best job i ever had

Unfortunately I had to leave my employment at Pure due to family commitments, but I really enjoyed working for this company. Brilliant ethos and truly compassionate staff

Achieve your targets or else.

From the outside it’s a charity supporting the most vulnerable people into paid work on the inside there is continued pressure to hit targets of people into work, meaning you have to pick and choose your clients to put effort into. Go a month or two without getting someone a job and the pressure starts to be applied. They teach an age old tele sales technique that is useless in the modern world.

6 May 2021
An Employment Officer's job is to get clients into paid work, You will have received plenty of training and support to help you along the way.I am sorry to hear you were not happy.

good work life balance

enjoyed the job, good work life balance. pleasant environment. good management support. good working hours. just too far to travel especially in rush hour.

Not good.

Worked there for almost two years. Couple of the ladies there are bully's and lazy. Higher management is questionable regarding integrity. Horrible place to work. They do not appear to care at all about the consistency for their clients. Glad to be out of it.

Pros

Cons

Too many cowboys.

Deckchair rearrangement on the Titanic

Toxic and incompetent management who treat their underlings as disposable (which they clearly are if their treatment of long standing employees is anything to go by) make this company suck. I have worked with some decent people who understandably had the good sense to leave. I too am getting out as soon as l can. Upper management could do with not taking advantage of workers and respect their contracted hours

6 May 2021
I am sorry to hear you felt like this. Any complaints should have been raised with your line manager or HR. The vast majority of Pure staff are great people doing amazing work and complaints are taken very seriously.

Pure innovation

Great team and solo environment to work in, loads of training advancement and help along the way also the chance to advance in the company. All in all great place to work with loads of opportunities.

Avoid

Understaffed at projects out of the area. Not enough stimulation for some of the clients. Found it a very clicky place to work, if your face didn't fit you were out!

Pros

Easy to get to, get Christmas day and boxing day off

Fantastic place to work!

Joined Pure Innovations 7 months ago after having a significant career break. Lovely place to work, the CEO is a good leader and her positive and supportive approach filters through across the organisation. There is good team work and the Director I report to provides continuous support and opportunities for developing your skill set. The culture within pure is open and respectful. Being a mum of two the work life balance is excellent!

Poorly advertised and poor communication from all.

Whilst being a travel trainer, I learned that you receive alot of training. Good. You are expected to be at a young person's house (regardless where they live) for 7am. Meaning if you don't drive, you are out of the house at 5.30 am. The pay is decent IF you were to be paid for all the hours you do rather than receiving "flexi" As of me leaving NONE of the line managers had completed a training course 1 on 1 with a young person. Thisbjob is poorly advertised. Poorly managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pure Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pure Innovations with

Learn about Pure Innovations in popular locations

• Pure Innovations
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?