PwC

PwC Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job borders around the excellent team spirit that existed within my group. We were all supportive of each other, with the readiness to cover additional shifts if any of our colleagues called in sick. The management was an open system, whereby all staff members have direct access to the top management, if necessary. It was a whistleblowing made-easy system. All in all, the place of work is always in compliance with health and safety regulations, which in essence makes it a good environment for customers and staff alike to interact.
Pros
Constant payrise and regular training.
Cons
I have worked at PwC for many years. Including their flagship office at More London. Many times, you felt privileged for being part of a forward thinking firm, especially when it came to technology. There are opportunities to work with different lines of service to gain new experiences and skill sets. It was also a joy to work in exquisite modern offices with people from many countries, backgrounds and beliefs.
Pros
The financial rewards and benefits are great. You can wear casual attire most of the time.
Cons
It is very important to take control of your work and life balance. Look after your well-being.
I was appointed as an experienced hire in IFS and the role was not as advertised and the role was not as per the job description. The IFS is entranced in its ways and is not open to new ideas, it is not open to change. The internal processes are old and not reflective of the modern approach. The leadership is more interested in internal politics and empire building than in change, efficiency and modernization. Overall the role was disappointing and unsatisfactory. The leadership very focused on the negative and very unsupportive of new ideas.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor leadership
PwC hire a lot of graduates for one reason - they can pay them a low salary in comparison to similar firms in the industry.In PwC it really depends what pillar / team you end up in. I think that the general ethos of the company is really good, and the induction week makes you feel excited about joining. However - speaking from my experience - very little of that sales puff put to new joins is actually implemented. You are given a recent iphone and a laptop for work, which is great.However, management in MY experience were horrible people. Very subtle bullying went on, and a lot of favoritism. Directors will occasionally join calls to tell you how great you all but it's nothing more than corporate mantra to justify how much pressure you are put under with VERY little training (contrary to promises made in your induction).
Pros
Great for your CV, will definitely help you get better jobs in the future. Nice office, staff drinks every month
Cons
Little to no training with an expectation you complete all taks perfectly, brutal management, much better pay in similar jobs elsewhere
I worked with PwC Global Information team during a Change Transformation and Transition Project. Global Information Leadership team is full of great leaders and managers who encourage, support everyone to succeed in their role. It was a steep learning curve encompassing daily tasks as per the job description and way beyond with the ongoing team changes, multiple resignations, recruitment, interviews to taking/providing hand overs to securely managing global client data during business operating systems changes, an office move, multiple projects requiring fast and accurate decisions during multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines. Challenging yet fast paced leaning environment requiring successfully fire fighting with global virtual and on site team members to deliver the required results. I loved every minute of working with PwC. It was my grand father's dream for me to join one of the Big4, and after working with PwC In-House teams, I have a new founded respect for all of their past, present and future team member's hard work in supporting clients successfully regardless of internal or external obstacles. Great Team members, Fantastic work ethics, 100% job satisfaction, supportive management and certainly an Employer of Choice. I would not think twice to re-join PwC if or when an opportunity comes along.
Pros
Free fruits and hot, cold drinks
Cons
Long hours during projects/period end reporting etc.
Significant turnover of staff work pressure and insecurity and fear amongst people and work load and mismanagement of resources and people are signficnantly demovtiated wokringnpressure
Pros
Significant turnover with worst wokringnpressure
Cons
Fantastic company to work with holding fast to very high standards of work and customer service, I have yet to have a better working experience I any other company.
Pros
Endless opportunity
Cons
Salary is below average
There are so many management levels it鈥檚 sometimes quite difficult to speak to someone when needed. They have someone called a Relationship Leader who is your direct line manager - but you rarely see them, and you have a Career Coach who advises you with your day to day work life at the company. You also have Team Leaders who line manage you and you would work with them on a daily basis. The benefits they provide are good, such as employee assistance line and private healthcare
Pros
Relaxed company
Cons
HR department
as with all large organisations there is a hierarchy and a set of behaviours required to succeed here, but if you do it is a great place to work and develop your career
Its just Great to work here, Very Nice work culture. Very Nice management. Very Nice office facilities. Very nice locations in London. Flexibility to work from home
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
Focused and competitive - don't care about people, though. I really don't want to write this review, so I'll not be adding extra information about the company.
Plenty of opportunities available if you take the initiative to network. Very collaborative nature of work using video meetings regularly. Enjoyable and challenging work - very people focused.
Excellent place to work. The environment, offices and people were extremely pleasant. Fast paced but supportive and encouraging team. Would highly recommend.
Management are ok. Job can be stressful at times. Depending on what role you take work and life balance is not the best. Workplace culture is competitive.
Good atmosphere with people that are welcoming and easy to get on with. If you like working in an office then I highly recommend. If not, then do not apply.
I was based in PwC Operate. It is without a doubt the most stressful workplace I've experienced. The QC's have zero experience and they will never stand over the information they give you, you will end up doing a piece of work 2 or 3 times due to conflicting/incorrect information from the teams. Operate is not really part of PwC, it's an agency essentially and operate staff are very much not treated as part of the firm (no entitlement to benefits etc for the first year). The pay is very low but you can survive on brand recognition so that's ok I guess. Any staff with talent leave within the year and those that stay don't have any other options. Basically if your very early career with no experience then go for it until you can move on to somewhere else, if your experienced then there are a lot of better firms and options out there.
The staff at PwC are absolutely incredible! I have had a such a great experience working there and would definitely consider going back. There is always something to learn and opportunities to grow.
Grew my knowledge of the a financial services firm. Worked with people dedicated to investing time and effort into allowing me to complete tasks such as financial service reports etc
The workplace is very modern and accommodating, colleagues are very friendly. However it is quite a difficult and demanding job, you will need to learn very quickly. So only apply if you have done your research about the job role and believe you can handle this fast-pace environment.
Productive work space with ample learning experience. Learnt to work with clients from different domains and background. PwC also provides good learning platform to help you grow in any field.
Great company for learning new skills. Constantly being challenged. Great benefits but no opportunity for progression/pay increase unless you are acca qualified..
  1. Employee reviews