Q-Park

United Kingdom39 reviews

teamcompanydayworkinggoodjobgreatwork

Great bus driving job

Featured review

Q-Park selected this as a representative review
I was working at Gatwick as a bus driver, on a zero hours contrast, via an agency. Hours and shifts can be tough but you soon get used to it. Good work mates and management look after you. Only left because of Gatwick closing, due to Covid.

Interesting place to work

I’ve only been at the company for a few months and have found it a great company to work for . I enjoy working 4 on 4 off shifts and the pay is good for what the job involves.

Insights into Q-Park

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things

Poor management

Rarely saw any management and you would work your night shift often on your own with no check ins or support. Picking up human excrement and dealing with vagrants and drunks could be challenging. They haven’t kept up with the modern legislations and have little regard for H&S even removing the backs from chairs to encourage staff to walk around rather than sit down.

Official response from Q-Park

26 July 2022
We are sorry you felt you had a bad experience with our organisation. We pride ourselves on Quality of our car parks and often times the role involves dealing with tasks that are sometimes not desirable to what people's aspirations are however, we are honest about this in the interview process. We do not remove backs of chairs to keep people walking around. We are happy to replace broken chairs if they are reported in the right manner. We also have a man-down alarm for lone working. We are sorry to hear of your bad experience and thank you for your honest feedback. Feedback is important to ourselves and is welcomed. We wish you all the best for your future.

Fun Workplace, sometimes boring but very good to work here

Good company to work for - management really try hard to make a boring busy job easier by having a great culture. Work colleagues are great and have good crack. I really like working here and it is very supportive

Boring job

Boring job, not left on your own, they use the cameras to keep a eye on you if they cant see you, they ring to find where you are. And left on your own at night.

Pros

4 days off

Cons

Nights on your own for 12 hrs, and being spied on to make shore you are doing something

Wouldn't be a first choice job

Its a basic work place. If you like doing mostly same task day in day out then it's a good job for you. Some of the staff you meet are good people. Be prepared to always get the blame from customers who think its always your fault

Bad from start to finish

No duty of care towards staff, poor making staff clean up human excrement.No equipment given to do the job, no support you are left to rot while managers sit back and get paid.

Cons

No duty of care for staff

good company

decent company to work for other team members excellent people manager was a lovely lady I liked the 4 days on 4 days off very good communicator from top people

Pros

4 days on 4 days off manager was a good listener

Cons

psper work

The hours suited me.

I enjoyed driving a bus for Q Park, the 4 on 4 off working time suited my social life. The buses are Mercedes, very nice to drive, had radios in the cabs and were reasonably warm in the winter. The pay was not very good compared with other bus driver jobs, but it suited me as it was only 3 mile from where I live.

Pros

Good hours.

Cons

Poor pay.

Q park liverpool

Dealing with drug users most the time. Not much of a good working environment. Didn’t see the manager much only maybe once every couple of weeks or so

Demanding at times

Can be a demanding job at times, the shifts are not great but the team good to work with. only one weekend off per month which is not good but you get used to it

Pros

Cons

poor rota

Good Company to work for

I injoyed my time working for Q park good management good staff team would go back in a flash. i worked four on and four off permanent nights at the time was a great company I worked their from 2007 till 2011.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Can't think of any

David Roderick

I really enjoy working for carparks and helping and assisting customers with daily problemsA very good company to work for and it feels like you’re all one big family as agreed please to be helping those that need your help and looking after people with problems with wheelchairs and help them and support them when they got a pack

My job was very fast paced, requires thinking and investigating and I did give it my best for ten years. I'm hard working, maintain and complete my targets to support our finance teams. The culture is good as we all get along with each other and support each other with ad-hoc support between us.

Overall ok company management poor

I enjoyed most of my time at qpark but working environment very poor due to drug users in the carparks 4 out of 5 had these problems, still would be there if company did more about it ,you were losing a wining battle every day ,looking over your shoulder all the time every time you heard a noise

draconian

This company abides by no employment laws and will dismiss you for any reason if they want you out Do not ever be ill and off work they will target you and get you dismissed for nothing

Pros

Cons

Management attitude

stressful. low pay.

Long hours. Low pay continual questions and abuse from the customers. Computers do not work properly= car park is computerised and computers are not up to looking after the car parking spaces

Violence

Constant threat of violence with no protection, staff regularly abused and assaulted. Furthermore, the danger of needles and contamination from drug users was a constant worry. Bonuses were regularly held back and pay was constantly wrong, I would avoid this company like the plague. Staff tried their best but working under such conditions were impossible.

ok

the work and colleagues where great but supervisor is lazy as h#ll sat there all day and went home when ever they wanted. basically all you do is pick up litter and jet wash the floor. easy work but boring.

Avoid

Unless you're after a lobotomy, avoid this place at all costs. Until being at the Canal & River Trust, never seen such pathetic people in management. Absolutely disgusting.

too much time spent alone. A job where you will meat the worst type of people and have to clean up the mess they leave behind. Its not a job I will ever do again but someone has to do it I guess.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Q-Park. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement