QA
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

QA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom98 reviews

The people make the company!

ProsQA is a fun place to work, everyone is nice and friendly Top class centres to work from in prime locationsConsAs with all companies there have been issues but these have been fed back through internal feedback mechanisms

Like a family

Really amazing and friendly team. Great place to learn/start your career. Top class centres to work from in prime locations, Int House is a really beautiful office

Insights into QA

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

People Focused

It's difficult these days to find a company of this size that truly offers career development, let you have a voice as well as make changes that are important to you. I've had the pleasure to join a great team who have supported me in developing my skills, provide additional training (paid by the company) and in return I've become a go-to in supporting new members joining the team. QA is a company that listens, since joining I've seen that from the surveys they've listened to what is important to us and in return holiday entitlement has increased, pay towards sickness from day 1 (instead of waiting until after probation), during the summer months they've introduced early finish Fridays (I hope this continues), hybrid working, as well as pay reviews.I have worked for many companies that claim to be people focused but QA really shows the true meaning of this, you are not a number here but a valued member of the team. QA also want to celebrate your achievements and host the annual QA spirit awards, available to everyone, no matter what level you are in the business!It is fast paced and can be challenging so not for everyone but if you thrive in that environment and want to succeed in building your career then joining QA is highly rewarding.

QA is a great and fun place to work

I have only been at QA for a short period of time, however, everyone has been so welcoming and supportive. QA really cares about their staff, and as such we are all rewarded for our hard work on a regular basis, and always given great incentives. I have enjoyed my time here so far and am excited for my future within QA.

Pros

Great incentives, good hours, supportive.

Cons

Can be a little stressful- but always worth it.

Great company, amazing managers - very happy

There's no such thing as a typical day, the role is so varied, we speak to so many people and the job spec is so broad. it is hard to take all the information in to begin with, but there comes a point where you feel settled with learning new things every day. The atmosphere here is great, we get rewarded so often - a huge part of my enjoyment is due to how invested my managers are in me personally and my career at QA. We work 2 days at home, 3 days in office and receive initiatives like finishing at 4pm every Friday from June-Aug to make the most of the summer. Managers are very supportive and I feel that they truly believe in me (and they tell me so!). I have freedom to complete the role in my own style no pressure to conform, I'm in sales, my approach is a little different but they support me in finding the ways that I'm happy and confident. I'm going to Barcelona next month with the company because I hit 110%+ of my target

Pros

flexible working, great working atmosphere and team personalities, nights out, lunches bought

Cons

The systems and processes need updating now the company has grown so much, this is in progress.

Positive and fun workplace

Since working here I have felt supported and appreciated. In my interview I wasn't given any fake promises about the role, since being here everything mentioned has happened and even exceeded my expectations.Management care about me as an individual and push me in the right direction to be the best version of myself at work.I couldn't imagine working anywhere else as I love my Team members and Managers.I am finally in a job where I feel valued.

A work culture that feels like a family.

At QA (especially in the Slough branch), everyone feels like a big family which is rare for corporate companies of this size. Everyone helps each other which is vital in your beginning months with the company.

Pros

Work night outs, incentives.

Cons

Month ends can get stressful.

Great place to work!

The culture of the company in regard to it's staff is fantastic! Management support is great which breeds a strong team bond and ethic. Hard work and results are always celebrated by the team and management with great incentives such as Club 100, team nights out and lunches.Salary is good with a great commission structure allowing affordability in line with today's living costs.

Fast-paced, challenging, great colleagues

QA is a great place work work if you like a fast-paced and challenging environment where you can learn a lot and try new things. The company's purpose is truly meaningful and aimed at better people's lives through learning and education in tech. Colleagues and great, everyone is really helpful and collaborative. There are lots of training and learning opportunities (courses, apprenticeships, bespoke programmes). Workloads are high and there is pressure to perform which is not for everyone. There are some growing pains too as the company is getting bigger fast!

Pros

Learning opportunities, Great people to work with, Informal and inclusive culture, Hybrid working

Cons

Heavy workload, Some inauthentic leaders, Too profit & growth driven

Great company - wish I had a applied sooner

I run my own diary and have a great team around me - the business respects their people and you are given great level of support to achieve.The management are one of the best I have experienced in a few decades in my sector.My role does lend itself to going above and beyond to help customers which I enjoy as it is something that has been frowned upon in previous companies.

Pros

Training course of your choice every year paid for by QA, you are gifted 3 study days also for prep/exams, Kitchen and seating area promote your mindfulness, 3study days to sit exams, Coffee machines on all floors (very high quality ones).

Cons

There are few places to go to outside of the office, but great breakout areas in the building.

Avoid at all costs.

An awful place with hardly any communication to anyone. Would not recommend it to anyone. If interested in training in IT, apply to FDM or Sparta Global. Can't be any worse than QA.

Awful management all the way through, it’s ALL about money

Work here and you’ll definitely be very busy. The point of QA is to make money at all costs. You are just a resource, worst senior leadership team and management I’ve ever experienced.Be very wary of any promises.

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Where do I start? Avoid!

Fast paced and great people!

I’ve been with QA for nearly a year and have really enjoyed the experience. We’re a busy, fast paced business and often work under some degree of pressure. However the people here are fantastic and really care about our wellbeing. Our holiday entitlement has just increased to 27 days a year and our hybrid working (and flexi time) make a huge difference so I actually have a work / life balance. If you’re an ambitions person who enjoys a challenge and the sense of achievement / pride gained from a job well done, you may well have a great career ahead of you at QA.

Nice

It’s good, the people are friendly and supportive. There are good opportunities and time off too. Remote working also available. You are able to show your worth here.

Difficult to rise higher and everyone knows everyone.

Having joined QA from a strict company, it is incredibly relaxed and laid back in terms of corporate affairs. That being said, there is no clear direction of promotion, no desire from management to discuss pay review, and senior management have one way of doing things and you must abide. The people are fantastic, when there is no targets impeding on them, but it can really make you question your morale, and your manager does not want to know.

Fast paced and large work load

Working in the higher education division has been great, you learn a lot from senior management and I had a great team to work with. However, due to the nature of a private university, teams are quiet small, which meant the the work load was unmanageable most times resulting in a lot of overtime. The pay bracket is low in comparison to other universities which caused a high staff turnover. It also made me feel undervalued hence why I decided to leave to pursue a role elsewhere.

Pros

Great transport links. Good potential for progression

Cons

Pay bracket is too low for certain roles

Flexible but stressful

Flexibility is great. But the stress, pressure, just being a number makes the day to day unenjoyable. Leadership is weak, it’s about numbers and targets rather than delivering great service to your customers.

Work their staff like a sweat shop

If you value work/life balance, being listened to, good and fair management, then give this company a wide birth. They call themselves a training company, but are nothing more than a pushy sales company that deals with training.

Challenging, fast paced but very inclusive

I’ve not long been at QA and I love it. I learn something new almost every day and I feel like the contributions I’m already able to make, make an impact.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Colleagues make the job at QA. However, poor compensation, long hours, repeated internal issues.Average work day is very hit and miss, not much senior support, fire fighting constant issues, lack of support from internal teams, a very "brush it under the rug until next time" approach to resolving problems.

Pros

Nice colleagues, working from home

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, poor benefits, no work from home equipment provided, poor management

Poor leadership

Not very organised and very chaotic. You get little training and sometimes feels like your being treated like a child Very Sandy every day. A lot of effort for poor pay

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Poor IT department Lack of good managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement