QA Limited
Happiness score is 73 out of 100

QA Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom84 reviews

Nice

It’s good, the people are friendly and supportive. There are good opportunities and time off too. Remote working also available. You are able to show your worth here.

Difficult to rise higher and everyone knows everyone.

Having joined QA from a strict company, it is incredibly relaxed and laid back in terms of corporate affairs. That being said, there is no clear direction of promotion, no desire from management to discuss pay review, and senior management have one way of doing things and you must abide. The people are fantastic, when there is no targets impeding on them, but it can really make you question your morale, and your manager does not want to know.

Insights into QA Limited

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Fast paced and large work load

Working in the higher education division has been great, you learn a lot from senior management and I had a great team to work with. However, due to the nature of a private university, teams are quiet small, which meant the the work load was unmanageable most times resulting in a lot of overtime. The pay bracket is low in comparison to other universities which caused a high staff turnover. It also made me feel undervalued hence why I decided to leave to pursue a role elsewhere.

Pros

Great transport links. Good potential for progression

Cons

Pay bracket is too low for certain roles

Flexible but stressful

Flexibility is great. But the stress, pressure, just being a number makes the day to day unenjoyable. Leadership is weak, it’s about numbers and targets rather than delivering great service to your customers.

Work their staff like a sweat shop

If you value work/life balance, being listened to, good and fair management, then give this company a wide birth. They call themselves a training company, but are nothing more than a pushy sales company that deals with training.

Challenging, fast paced but very inclusive

I’ve not long been at QA and I love it. I learn something new almost every day and I feel like the contributions I’m already able to make, make an impact.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Poor leadership

Not very organised and very chaotic. You get little training and sometimes feels like your being treated like a child Very Sandy every day. A lot of effort for poor pay

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Poor IT department Lack of good managers

Good workplace

It was my first job and it would have been a long term job if I hadn't of been made redundant, I loved my time at QA and I adored my team. Its been hard to find an employer as good as QA.

Pros

Training, teams, support

Sweatshop 1970s employer

Takers, users, full of itself--zero identity or interest in you- a truly vile place to work--dont beleive their spin--they specialise in sales--the reality is appalling and will break you and better still those on high will enjoy that

Pros

people tried to make the best of it within a very repressive leadership culture

Cons

where to start--reactive--arrogant-constantly over sold to clients, hierarchical, a culture of fear and bullying, a clique of favourites

Long Days and Even Longer Nights

QA is a good place to work as long as you are willing to put so many other things on hold. The work is challenging which is great but there is a lack of support from senior managers.If you find you have a problem then you become the problem.

Great place to work great people.

I have worked for QA for three years I find my job extremely rewarding and challenging, I feel I add value and this recognised. They are a team of great people who work collaboratively to improve the learners experience.

Pros

Flexible work from home

Cons

IT team - terrible underhand place to work

Too many people with personal agendas. A single member of staff who had been there a long time had set up new processes and implemented changes with no documentation and the expectations was that others were to support it. Lots of work outside hours with no additional pay. IT apprentices employed on Service Desk so the manager could just order them about. Total lack of respect for certain past employees - manager openly bad mouthed them. Many staff in same role left due to negative environment.

Pros

Cons

Poor Management and reliance on one person.

Job was much more involved and included responsibilities over and above the relevant pay grade. grade

No or little job progression opportunities available and very high pressured given the pay grade restrictions. Management have no idea of the work that is expected of the admin staff and have become obsessed with a "lean management system" which leaves the staff feeling they are not able to provide the very high customer service levels which they once were able to do.

Pros

Great Company to be part of

As per my summary great company to be with and growing company to great new levels. Finance team down to earth and awesome. Great atmosphere to be in.

Great Place to start off after graduating

Great place to work after graduating and are willing to teach you the technical aspects of working in the IT industry. Great Instructors and multiple placements around the country.

Great place to work. Employees are highly committed

Management are approachable and fair. They encourage career growth and salary is far better than the average. They really do look after you. The training is in depth.

Pros

Great colleagues and support

Fun and supportive organisation

Great culture and support enjoyable work environment Flexible working Training available for staff , Mainly remote work via Teams due to covid however enjoyable client visits

Pros

Gym membership

Cons

Limited support

Generally a nice environemnt to work in. The people are what make QA what it is today. The company culture is amazing. Majority of the work force are happy to work for QA.

Productive & fun workplace

Great place to work, enthusiastic staff, good leadership, always engaging with clients. Over 20 centres throughout the UK, allowing employees to experience all kinds of exciting and diverse culture.

Fine if you’re money orientated with a very thick skin

Very focused on money, it’s very cut throat and if you’re not hitting your targets you will be shown the door. I did find the base salary was reasonable, but quickly learnt that money isn’t everything. I’m very thick skinned myself and used to working in sales but was having weekly breakdowns here. At the time micromanagement was a huge focus but I believe this manager has since left. There was one day I was in floods of tears at my desk and the manager asked “what do you have coming in today” he didn’t once ask me if I was okay I also did 8 hours overtime, when I asked if I was allowed 30mins of this back (from two weeks before) his response was “we can’t keep rolling these hours over be cautious when applying this is for QA directory and not specifically for working as an apprentice

Official response from QA Limited

26 August 2020
Hi there and thank you for your honest feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with QA. We want to make sure that your concerns and suggestions don’t go unheard so that we can rectify them for future staff - would you be willing to email the people team inbox and explain your issue in more detail? This will help us look into this further. Thank you in advance.

Mature Apprenticeships

The majority of learners were there due to their organisations wanting to use the Apprenticeship levy rather than for personal or professional learning. This led to a number of negative conversations with learners in regards to time to commit, desire to attend and the commitment from their employers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QA Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare QA Limited with

• QA Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?