QA Limited

QA Limited Employee Reviews

Great place to work after graduating and are willing to teach you the technical aspects of working in the IT industry. Great Instructors and multiple placements around the country.
Too many people with personal agendas. A single member of staff who had been there a long time had set up new processes and implemented changes with no documentation and the expectations was that others were to support it. Lots of work outside hours with no additional pay. IT apprentices employed on Service Desk so the manager could just order them about. Total lack of respect for certain past employees - manager openly bad mouthed them. Many staff in same role left due to negative environment.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management and reliance on one person.
No or little job progression opportunities available and very high pressured given the pay grade restrictions. Management have no idea of the work that is expected of the admin staff and have become obsessed with a "lean management system" which leaves the staff feeling they are not able to provide the very high customer service levels which they once were able to do.
Pros
As per my summary great company to be with and growing company to great new levels. Finance team down to earth and awesome. Great atmosphere to be in.
Management are approachable and fair. They encourage career growth and salary is far better than the average. They really do look after you. The training is in depth.
Pros
Great colleagues and support
Cons
Great culture and support enjoyable work environment Flexible working Training available for staff , Mainly remote work via Teams due to covid however enjoyable client visits
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Limited support
Generally a nice environemnt to work in. The people are what make QA what it is today. The company culture is amazing. Majority of the work force are happy to work for QA.
Great place to work, enthusiastic staff, good leadership, always engaging with clients. Over 20 centres throughout the UK, allowing employees to experience all kinds of exciting and diverse culture.
Very focused on money, it’s very cut throat and if you’re not hitting your targets you will be shown the door. I did find the base salary was reasonable, but quickly learnt that money isn’t everything. I’m very thick skinned myself and used to working in sales but was having weekly breakdowns here. At the time micromanagement was a huge focus but I believe this manager has since left. There was one day I was in floods of tears at my desk and the manager asked “what do you have coming in today” he didn’t once ask me if I was okay I also did 8 hours overtime, when I asked if I was allowed 30mins of this back (from two weeks before) his response was “we can’t keep rolling these hours over be cautious when applying this is for QA directory and not specifically for working as an apprentice
Official response from QA Limited
26 August 2020
Hi there and thank you for your honest feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with QA. We want to make sure that your concerns and suggestions don’t go unheard so that we can rectify them for future staff - would you be willing to email the people team inbox and explain your issue in more detail? This will help us look into this further. Thank you in advance.
The majority of learners were there due to their organisations wanting to use the Apprenticeship levy rather than for personal or professional learning. This led to a number of negative conversations with learners in regards to time to commit, desire to attend and the commitment from their employers.
I worked there over 10 years ago. Work OK, management were decent but then the company was brought out, as with most mini organisation with greater ambition - as soon as the new management came on board the culture began to change. Shame really, but no surprise!
Work culture is relaxed and you are generally treated like an adult so there isn't much micro management. The people are really nice and they are easily the best part of the job. the day to day tasks can get a little mundane and this is reflected in what you can expect to be paid.
I wouldn't advise people to apply. Toxic atmosphere. Fairly ruthless and brutgal the way that they treat their employees. Far too many people who have been with the company for far too long.
I worked at QA for awhile, and during my time there the people I spoke to were all very supportive and lovely people, I would highly recommend for anyone fresh out of university and not sure where to go, even though the salary at the beginning wasn't very high the experiences they give you and the training fully make up for that.
Pros
the people
Cons
basic salary
Stressful targets and heavy workloads that lead to no progression or bonuses. Poor management - never there to conduct 1-2-1s and directors don't acknowledge you. No support for anything including mental health - especially during redundancy. However, my super crazy and caring team mates made my time there unforgettable!
It is a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively with Account Managers in seeking to place candidates with a particular company to complete an IT apprenticeship. I have gained a wide range of skills, however, the commission is very poor.
QA was a fast paced environment to work in, but I prefer that. I would of loved to have stayed at QA but our programme was phased out Traineeships. Great people, great teams, great locations to work in
Productive and fun place. Knowledge gained here got me a job in my desired field. good teached and lots of equipment. Great for graduates to join and continue learning and veentually get a placement.
Over the last 8 years working at QA I have learned and developed as a person and individual. I have made some great friends and QA as a whole is a fantastic place to work.
Treated poorly by management. False advertisement of job. Scam to the candidates joining the team selling them glade dreams. Very stressful place to work and made to feel not good enough.
Working for QA has been a challenging experience. I had the opportunity to learn a new set of skills both technical and personal. The deadlines to meet are very strict. This means working extra hard to be able to meet them. The working culture is one of the best. My colleagues are extremely professional and fun to work with. Every time I needed help, I always found open doors. The directors are available for explanations/help when needed.
  1. Employee reviews